Remove battery slot in machines?

• The battery Slot in machines seems pretty useless to me, so i thought, why not remove it?

I havent seen anyone using the battery Slot to Keep machines powered. This could be further used to help automate the machines.

For example: all Inputs from pipes etc. will go into the left Slot to get processed and everytime an item is pulled out, it gets pulled from the Output Slot. (now it`s basically the vanilla furnance where all Input must go at the top).

2nd Make the machines transmit energy trough them (Red Power and greg tech) so you dont have to worry about the cables at the back

Comments?

• You use it when you have no cables (I ran all my machines on it, on MC 1.3, because I didn't know about cables ^^). And it's useful to discharge a battery for a craft ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I use them in early game, when that freaking rubber tree is still growing and i cant craft cables :P (or when im lazy to craft cables)

• but dont you Need rubber to to get the copper cable abd a macerator to get coal dust? you can also craft cables 1 by 1.

Edit: @MatLa

you can place a Generator right next to it.

ANd why not do it like Greg tech where the machines can work as power Transmitters?

• Well, we know it's not realy used. But why REMOVING IT ? If we want a slot more, adding one more isn't a big deal you know ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

When seriously overclocking machines to finish proccessing a large amount of items, shoving a lapatron in the energy slot tends to sort it out.

• Also, when I don't have RP2 installed, I tend to feed my machines spare redstone via the battery slot. TBMs & quarries gather me about 15 times as much redstone as I ever use...

Also, for a temporary base, batpacks are a very useful thing...

:Nuke TNT: = Answer to all problems. Including that creeper camping right outside the door of your glass house.

• I havent seen anyone using the battery Slot to Keep machines powered.

When I set up pump+miner I generally throw a battery in the pump and have some generator feed the miner. The battery there lasts for ages and I won't need extra cabling.