IC2 Expermental Feature Discussion

• So far got the iron fence and most of everything else figured out just same as last post I have the CF powder tried adding water a backpack or a sprayer and no foam!! Still no luck on the thermal cent. build 166 I have two mining lasers two coild an advanced machine block and I have tried two different types of steel. I look at the JPG from the post above but so far no luck crafting ot build 166.

fix in Build > #172 :D8)

Edited once, last by Thunderdark ().

• might I recommend Craft Guide. I think it is more friendly with recipes than NEI.
    oh, does the washer have an internal storage tank for water?

Yes, the ore washing machine has an internal tank which can hold 8 buckets of water, which is good for 8 operations. You can hook it up to a BC water pipe system to supply it directly.

hm build #162 thermal centrifuge Recepie work fine for me

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w34j…b/2013-09-14_10.38.36.png

Have a look at the bug report again, someone figured out whats wrong I think.
    Nevermind, just saw you fixed it, thank you :)

• Still looking on how to make/mix CF powder into the foam or to fill a sprayer or backpack so that is preventing me from trying the scanner and replicator.

There was a recipe mix up between MFFS (the new UE version) and IC2 exp. I have updated MFFS to 224 and IC2 to 173 and now the thermal cent. shows in NEI!!! So once I get my construction foam goin I'll try the scanner and replicator I hope.

To make the fence put iron ignots into the metal former turn them into plates then run them through again to turn them into castings then after that switch the former over to wire mode and run those through are the steps I used I think!!

Also to make the construction foam powder I was lost for awhile since I was using UE machine to triple my ore output and was getting no stone dust!! I had to use the macerator then the ore washer just to get the stone dust!! Wish you could crush compressor or use some other machine to make the stone dust since the only way to get it is to use the ore washer.

Also builds 173 and 174 keep giving me ticking entity errors paulscode sound file it looks like coming from mass fab. My server crashes if there are any mass fab machines in it. Remove the mass fab. and the server runs fine seems to happen since they have been working with the scanner or replicator patterns (ores, redstone, and diamonds)

• The thermal centrifuge bug was interesting because it apparently worked fine for people with Gregtech installed. So glad they fixed it. :)

Mass fab is definitely a work in progress still, but looks like it will be pretty cool when it's done.

Thanks for posting the iron fence recipe! Do you know if it relates at all to the iron fence you can make in Railcraft?

• Now there is a fundamental change in the functional canning mashine (CM). CF foam is created in CM, it can be transferred through BC pipes, filled in universal fluid cell. But the question is how to fill CF sprayer and CF backpack it remains unclear. :(
    build 174. :(

• I'm still lost on multiple power sources, can we get an explanation on how we should be setting up generator, bat boxes and solar panels without exploding machines

• I'm still lost on multiple power sources, can we get an explanation on how we should be setting up generator, bat boxes and solar panels without exploding machines

Just add all the power suppliers outputs together and if that number exceeds the 32 EU/t it will blow up a bat box.

So 33 Solar panels connected to bat box (assuming no cable losses occur) will blow up bat box when they start producing. (32 solars are fine)

• But how do cables figure into that? Tin cables only do 32 EU/t, for example. Wouldn't the cable melt off first before the battery box can blow, if you add a 33rd solar panel?

Different, related question: Anyone know if there is still loss over distance? If so, then depending on the setup, 33 solars may not blow up or melt anything after all...

• Just add all the power suppliers outputs together and if that number exceeds the 32 EU/t it will blow up a bat box.

So 33 Solar panels connected to bat box (assuming no cable losses occur) will blow up bat box when they start producing. (32 solars are fine)

I was running a generator to one face of a batbox and 5 solar panels to the top. The batbox never exploded but some of my machines did.

• Can't even figure what the newest recipe is for the forge hammer using the 184 build. Trying to avoid NEI, because I don't want the temptation to cheat, and don't really have enough resources to use craft guide.

NVM, I figured it out, they turned it on its side.

Have a look here, should help perhaps (not everything is right though)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Any one heard anything about construction foam? How to mix the powder or how to fill a back pack or sprayer?

A couple of lines up someone said you put the foam in canning machine and put into universal cell. Can also pump cf with pipes.

• Well first thing is make sure you can see the mode selector in the GUI of the canner. I have the sphax pack and it does not have the GUI in it, so for now I switch back to default minecraft textures when using the canning machine.
    Once you can see the gui click on the mode selector at the bottom of the gui to change modes. I ended up using an universal cell to grab water with first, put the water into the canner, then placed the universal cell into the canner, and then added my CF powder! Now I have a can of CF foam (well universal cell of it). Will add a buildcraft pump and pipes for water once things are running a little smoother with the canner for now using the cells to carry water is working fine.

What I still do not know is how to get the foam can/cell into a sprayer or backpack anyone get that one figured out yet?

• Fancy!

Now can we have a second mode on the CF sprayer that uses less material and only places one block at a time, so it's easier to encase cables? Pretty please? :D

• Official Post

Fancy!

Now can we have a second mode on the CF sprayer that uses less material and only places one block at a time, so it's easier to encase cables? Pretty please? :D

GregTech sprays does that :3
    #totally not an advertisement.

• I'm aware, but with GT becoming more and more a total coversion mod rather than an IC2 addon, it doesn't play nice with all mod selections anymore. Some quality of life improvements would be great to have in base IC2.

• But how do cables figure into that? Tin cables only do 32 EU/t, for example. Wouldn't the cable melt off first before the battery box can blow, if you add a 33rd solar panel?

Different, related question: Anyone know if there is still loss over distance? If so, then depending on the setup, 33 solars may not blow up or melt anything after all...

At the moment cables don't melt so you can use tin cables for 2048 EU/t line if you want. (expect that to change though)

Cable loss would affect if it exists still as connecting 33 solars to single bat box would most likely exceed copper cable limits.

I doubt that cable loss exists currently....need to test that though.

I was running a generator to one face of a batbox and 5 solar panels to the top. The batbox never exploded but some of my machines did.

Are you sure the solar cable didn't connect to the output of the bat box?
    (I haven't noticed bat box exceeding it's output rating but should be easy enough to check that.)

• Looking at latest change, "add SemifluidGenerator can use: BC Oil,BC Fuel, forestry Biomass, forestry ethanol"
    Why not rename it into just a "fluid generator" or something like that? "Semi" hints that there are some other generator out there that burns "actual" fluids for power :)