IC2 Expermental Feature Discussion

• ...Sirus, you're either a terrible troll, or remarkably clueless for someone with a developer tag :P (Yes I know you're just a sprite artist, but still)

6x U-238 + 3x plutonium crafts 1x MOX reactor fuel, which when the fuel rod is depleted and centrifuged, returns 3x plutonium + 1x small plutonium.

Thus MOX fuel will convert 54 U-238 into 1 plutonium without losing anything else in the process (and generating a ton of EU). The resulting plutonium can be used for more MOX fuel rods, or for the radioisotope generator where it will passively generate EU for all eternity.

If you truly have over 14 thousand U-238 stocked, then you could be making that into enough plutonium to fully fill 17-18 radioisotope generators, for a passive energy income of 272 - 288 EU/t. Also, with a decently efficient MOX reactor setup like the one I have in my world, that could be generating over 2.8 billion EU during the conversion process.

6x U-238 + 3x plutonium crafts 1x MOX reactor fuel which when the fuel rod is depleted and centrifuged, returns 3x plutonium + 1x small plutonium.

Ah, so the MOX itself produces always more Plutonium than it eats.

• Correct.

Greg and Thunderdark were always a fan of more nuclear and less alternative energy anyway, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

Edited once, last by MagusUnion ().

• Did you spawn in and/or place down your replacement machine in Creative mode? I once had issues getting the scanner and pattern storage to work together in a test world, they only started behaving if I crafted them by hand and placed them in survival mode. Admittedly, that was a large number of versions back (over 80 builds at this point).

I thought that may have been the case and that was one of the first things i tried but no. Thankfully the act of updating to a newer build happened to fix the issue.

• In recent versions most basic machines takes max 32 EU/t again. But Thermal Centrifuge needs 48 EU/t to operate (and loses progress if out of energy), it seems weird. Not sure if it can be called a bug and worth sending on bugtracker.

• The thermal centrifuge was a tier above the other machines before, being able to take HV without a transformer. Have you tested it? Maybe it can still take HV even though the other machines changed, and if not, maybe it can at least take MV.

...we seriously need to get rid of this faulty "voltage" descriptor X(

• What's the maximum number of patterns you can store in the pattern storage? I have 2 patterns stored, and now every time I try to scan something, the scanner ends with "!! error !!". It also says "Waiting..no storage" at the bottom, but it is connected to the pattern storage machine, everything is powered, and it has worked twice previously.

If the limit is 2 patterns you can store, how do you delete one? I exported both to crystal memories, but they remained in the pattern storage.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

• mustangdood

I'm using build 279 currently, but my pattern storage held about 20 patterns...at least, that's about how many things I found were scannable up to a few days ago.

Then again, all the patterns vanished for no discernible reason as well...one day I log in and they were there, the next they were gone.

• mustangdood

I'm using build 279 currently, but my pattern storage held about 20 patterns...at least, that's about how many things I found were scannable up to a few days ago.

Then again, all the patterns vanished for no discernible reason as well...one day I log in and they were there, the next they were gone.

I appreciate knowing that the limit is more than 2, that's one less question. Thanks for that.

I tried re-making both machines, same result. I scanned a diamond twice, and the storage works. Now I'm wondering if there is only a small list of items that can actually be scanned. For example, Silver ingots and silver dust give the error. If this is working as intended, these machines are totally useless. Given the resources to craft and operate them, if the only purpose is to make iridium ore, why bother?

• Is there a way to touch U-235 somehow without death? Radiation always kill me, even if I wear Hazmat suite and leggings.

You also need the scuba helmet and rubber boots, for the full hazmat suit.

• Another question: how batpacks/lappacks works? I tried to wear a batpack while I held a electronic treetap (game says they are both Tier 1) but batpack does not charged the treetap. Should I press something to do that?

• The charging works only if you use the tap (or other electric item). If you want to charge without actually using the tool then I think shift+right mouse worked. I could be wrong on the last, it has been a while since I used that.

• What upgrades do the replicators have? They only seem to accept overclockers which do nothing.
    also if you know the limit that would be good too.

• Official Post

What upgrades do the replicators have? They only seem to accept overclockers which do nothing.
    also if you know the limit that would be good too.

Overclockers on replicators increase the speed they consume liquid UUM to replicate whatever recipe is chosen, at the cost of more EU per replication.