[Gregtech] Silk Touch I vs. Fortune III

• Ha, since :Mining Drill: , :Diamond Drill: , :Mining Laser: are enchantable, it should be worth discussing what is better, Silk Touch I and Fortune III.

In this discussion, we are going to decide to choose from them, using them to following ore: coal, lapis lazuli, emerald, diamond, sphalerite, ruby, sapphire, olivine.

The following ores don't included here because:

Code
    Iron, gold, copper, tin, bauxite, galena, tetrahedrite, cassiterite, nickel, tungstate, sheldonite ores always drop themselves.
    Fortune dosen't work to uranium, pyrite, cinnebar.
    Redstone: fortune works to them, maximum 8 dusts. However, macerating or grinding them yields guranteed 10 dusts.
    Iridium: fortune works to them, 1 or 2 gems. However, macerating or grinding them yields guranteed 2 gems.
    Sodalite: fortune works to them, 6 sodalite dusts and a aluminium dust. However, grinding them yields as three times as more.

My opinions are:

Code
    Coal: Silk Touch I. Grinding them yields a tiny pile of thorium dust, which is somewhat valueable. However, if you don't have any industrial grinder, consider choosing Fortune III since it yields more coal.
    Lapis Lazuli: Silk Touch I. This is difficult to choose, because mining them with Fortune III yields maximum 24 lapis lazuli gems, but with Silk Touch I yields 12 lapis lazuli gems and 3 lazurite dusts. Similarly to coal, if you don't have any industrial grinder, choose Fortune III.
    Emerald: Fortune III. Fortune III works very well to them. You can get 2 tiny piles of olivine dust by grinding them, but they can also be gotten by mining olivine ore.
    Diamond: Fortune III. Similar reason to emerald.
    Sphalerite: Fortune III. Fortune III doesn't increase drop of sphalerite dusts, however, it does increase probability to drop a yellow garnet very well. Desireable.
    Ruby: Fortune III. Fourtune III increases both drop of rubys and probability to drop a red garnet very well.
    Sapphire: Fortune III. Similar reason to ruby.
    Olivine: Fortune III. Silimar reason to emerald.

What's your opinion?

I am both particle and wave.

• Official Post

Even if they are not enchantable, it must be still worthy that enchanting vanilla pickaxes with Fortune III in Gregtech.

Silk Touch I vs. Fortune III. What's your opinion?

Tungstensteel pickaxes, one with silktouch and another with fortune. There are certain ores that are more worthy silktouching (coal, redstone, pyrite, cinnabar ...) and some others fortuning (Diamond, ruby, sapphires...).
    It all depends on silk touched ore processing (in the case of GregTech)

• I agree with SpwnX here, but I personally like to silk all my ores (saves inventory space) then process them. My opinion is to fortune lapis and most gemstones, because it tends to yield more, and if I have a grinder I try to silktouch coal, even though its a bit of a waste, because it now gives 2 tiny piles of thorium instead o 1 (which ironically is now not useful for reactor fuel). Also if you are using Ic2 experimental uranium ore now drops as an ore, so no need to use silktouch.