Recomended 1.6.2 version?

• Before screaming at me, yes, I can see the box at the top of every forum. The one that very helpfully has the link to 1.6.x builds in 6 point font in green on black background.

What I'm wondering is what people are finding useful and stable, for a given value of stable, for 1.6.2 and Forge version .871.

I've tried build lf-401 but found many of the basic items uncraftable. IC2 becomes a bit difficult to play when you can't build a wrench and the continued necessity of cheating in every third item because it can't be crafted defeats any sort of automation system. Previous lf builds are as bad or simply crash in 1.6.2

Suggestions?
    -S

• Get Crafting Guide and/or NEI in addition to see the recipes and new machine functions.

I'm running NEI. It doesn't show me a recipe for the wrench or the other uncraftables. Or rather it does, but it's a blank crafting table.

I'd thought it might be a corrupted file or one of my other mods but I'm running a fresh .minecraft folder with a brand shiny new copy of Forge and a freshly downloaded version of IC2 as the only mod loaded. Still no wrench.

-S

• Been running the experimental versions here and everthing's been stable so far.

Stable and functional? Do the crafting recipes work? I was running build 216-exp earlier today and it was stable enough but wouldn't craft a fair number of items. Oddly, most of the complicated stuff works properly, it's basic stuff that seems to be glitched.

• OK, better now. The recipes are showing up in 216-exp. I'm guessing the NEI interface was incomplete in 401-lf?

And now that I can see the recipes I realize that I'm an idiot and was trying to build a wrench using copper ingots. <*facepalm*> Seriously though, when was the last time anybody bought a bronze wrench? Shouldn't we be making these things using iron or refined iron?

I'm happy to say that the macerator is once again happily grinding up nether quartz for the AE mod as well. I'm not sure whose side that problem was on but it made building anything in AE very difficult.

-S

• Official Post

I'm guessing the NEI interface was incomplete in 401-lf?

NEI plugins does, or was meant to fix it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• what happened to industrialcraft 2 for forge 1.6.2 becuase i got it the other day then deleted it by acident and ow i can not find it, where's it Gone??? :?: :?: :?: MinecraftCreeper

• what happened to industrialcraft 2 for forge 1.6.2 becuase i got it the other day then deleted it by acident and ow i can not find it, where's it Gone??? :?: :?: :?: MinecraftCreeper

Check the forum header you see in every single page you open in here.