Mark V super efficient reactor theorycraft

• Well, you shold build an efficient reactor, but with the normal average output, and use the scrap generator. Yes, may be efficiency (aka "matter multiplier") will be less than using crazy Mk.V + breeders, but one "matter cycle" will be much shorter...

It seems more realistic... just because more effort is needed. Also I cant help but feel that the scrapbox system will get completely revamped at some point, mostly because it already feels grossly imba.

• True you CAN get an average of 1 diamond per 32 scrapboxes (havent tested IC2 for that yet !!)
    but i think that its a fun imbability

• And BTW
    Automated cobblestone powered Uranium production facility is currently being designed

1.feed it a crapload of stacks of cobblestone in one end
    2.replace uranium cells in the four high powered reactors every <50000 seconds
    3.collect more uranium than you just replaced

reactor to be used with a double redpower clock+latch setup: (attached)
    it will run on a 2000 tick ON, 4600 tick OFF cycle
    but five of the components will melt after the first cycle meaning it is at first a Mark IV thereafter a Mark III
    the output is 120 for 2/6.6ths of a cycle or 36.something EU/t

• Official Post

By my calculations, without any scrap input needed, this will produce enough UUM in a full cycle to create 40 uranium, as well as leaving about 18 depleted cells. A good breeder can turn that into significantly more than the original 54 uranium cells, even if you factor in the cost of UUM-made tin and coal, and running the macerator for the coal dust. The tattered remains of the laws of thermodynamics throw up their metaphorical hands in disgust and leave the world of Minecraft forever. We've successfully turned time into energy. 8|

Agreed, will remove Uranium from the UUM-Recipes :3

• I am sad I was looking forward to creating Reactor Automation, Uranium Energy Multiplication for the Minecraftian Nation: That I suppose is your explanation

• Agreed, will remove Uranium from the UUM-Recipes :3

Considering how much setup and exactitude this requires I don't see why that's neccessary. So what if you get a relatively infinite power source, not really a new thing in IC. If anything this just seems like one of those rewards for thinking it out and setting it up, not to mention the fact that aren't you using up all the energy to make the new uranium and not really getting anything out?

• Counting in breeding, reactor efficiency and scrap-boosted mass fabrication you could easily get a 1-20 something input to output energy ratio :sleeping:

Edit: can't ass around to actually count, but that would be a LOW number...

• I think that all the effort involved in ferrying around material plus the capital investment into multiple breeders, control circuits, mass fabricators and processing should easily balance the energy gain. Think of it like a giant hamster wheel for steve.

Keep the UUM-Uranium flowing!

• I think that all the effort involved in ferrying around material plus the capital investment into multiple breeders, control circuits, mass fabricators and processing should easily balance the energy gain. Think of it like a giant hamster wheel for steve.

Keep the UUM-Uranium flowing!

I second that motion!
    the actual crafting, walking design and time effort involved should have some form of payback

• I don't see the point of removing the Uranium UUM recipe either.

If all we wanted was infinite energy, we could be simpleminded like Kuu and be like LOL HERP DERP INFINITE SOLAR PANELS
    This is a lot more challenging from an engineering perspective.

Unless you intend to remove the glass, iron and coal UUM recipes too, it just doesn't make sense.

• it requires approx 400 EU on average to make 1 UUM with maximum scrap application according to my calculations so i fully agree with Above

Besides if we ever manage to attain a technological prowess to allow a controlled break of the strong nuclear force in atomic nucleus-es we could have near infinite energy IRL too :P

and back on topic: if you simply have enough compressed snowballs (a renewable resource) you could theoratically (with buildcraft) allow a would be Mark V to run a full cycle without any big booms i am calling this C.A.S.U.C. for "Constantly Applied Single Use Coolants" the only downer is that it only allows a reactor with 5 chambers because the pipe has to be connected directly to the reactor block