Suggestion: Charcoal can be ground into coal dust

• Charcoal actually has more carbon than coal does in real life, so wouldn't grinding charcoal also create coal dust? Coal is in large amounts, yes, but when you are using grids and grids of miners to extract as much coal as you can, you tend to run out of coal. I'm not saying I'm lazy, I just think it would be more convenient to be able to grind charcoal into coal dust.

• I think we need a list of Suggestions that are 100% being rejected, just because of how many times this has been suggested.

WE DO NOT GROW DIAMONDS!!!!!!

• Personally, I would agree with being able to do this, if only because the argument of *WE DO NOT GROW DIAMONDS* is not, and hasn't fora long time been valid, due to scrap boxes (a fundamentally flawed object if I do say so myself)

I would like this to be possible, with the old idea of getting *charcoal dust* which you need like 4 of to get coal dust.

• I agree with the 'charcoal dust' idea except for the part where you can use it to make diamonds. Growing diamonds just isn't a good idea.

So how about instead, macerating charcoal creates Charcoal Dust Scrap, which 4 of creates Charcoal Dust, which can then -ONLY- be used to make hydronated coal dust and carbon nanofibers. No diamonds, or gunpowder. (well, maybe gunpowder. Not exactly sure if it's OP to get cheap TNT.)

• I agree with the 'charcoal dust' idea except for the part where you can use it to make diamonds. Growing diamonds just isn't a good idea.

So how about instead, macerating charcoal creates Charcoal Dust Scrap, which 4 of creates Charcoal Dust, which can then -ONLY- be used to make hydronated coal dust and carbon nanofibers. No diamonds, or gunpowder. (well, maybe gunpowder. Not exactly sure if it's OP to get cheap TNT.)

If you read my previous post, You will realize that if you want to do that, you need to also redo the scrap system, as you can already grow diamonds simply by scrapping reeds and using scrap boxes. You even get a ton of other useful stuff too. This would actually not be much different, aside from the increased time cost and ofc using some nonrenewable resources, such as flint and obsidian/bricks

Personally I would really rather have macerating charcoal into coal dust back, thinking about it, unless something is done to revamp the scrap system.

• "Charcoal, in fact, used to be able to be macerated into coal dust. Al has removed that since he wanted coal to have value again, and so one could not "grow" diamonds.

Thread closed."

This is what Adien_Alexander a prominent member of the IC forums said the lase time someone suggested macerating charcoal.
    Like your enthusiasm but next time could you please do your research.

Link:
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…dID=88&highlight=charcoal

• It is a lot of fun discussing a real issue in the game in a locked thread IMO.

• Official Post

I agree with the 'charcoal dust' idea except for the part where you can use it to make diamonds. Growing diamonds just isn't a good idea.

I would agree with this compromise here, with the exception of the hydrated coal dust. Macerating Charcoal into a dust, then running it through some other processes to make it into Carbon plating seems fair (Then again, it would push regular coal into the Fuel/diamond creation aspect, which then actually lowers coal's value).

• I would agree with this compromise here, with the exception of the hydrated coal dust. Macerating Charcoal into a dust, then running it through some other processes to make it into Carbon plating seems fair (Then again, it would push regular coal into the Fuel/diamond creation aspect, which then actually lowers coal's value).

I agree as well. However, The only reason it lowers coals value is it removes a monopoly owned by coal.

• What about using charcoal or charcoal dust as an ingredient for gunpowder? We currently have coal dust and redstone as our source other than creepers. Since real gunpowder uses charcoal, (as well as saltpeter and sulphur, but we don't have that currently) I think it would be ideal since using dynamite for mining is a little hard at the moment even though we have a lot of nice things to make with it.

The recipe can go as follows:
    Charcoal Dust, Redstone
    RCR
    CRC
    RCR

The result should yield just 1 gunpowder instead of the current 3 for the coal dust recipe for balance reasons. I don't think it takes too much away from coal's usefulness, since it still takes an entire stack to make a diamond, and several stacks to make the carbon plates for a suit of nano armor in addition to the energy crystals needed to power it, as well as the MFE to charge it.

• If you read my previous post, You will realize that if you want to do that, you need to also redo the scrap system, as you can already grow diamonds simply by scrapping reeds and using scrap boxes. You even get a ton of other useful stuff too. This would actually not be much different, aside from the increased time cost and ofc using some nonrenewable resources, such as flint and obsidian/bricks

Personally I would really rather have macerating charcoal into coal dust back, thinking about it, unless something is done to revamp the scrap system.

I thought the scrap-box was done with? Or maybe it was re-added in IC2 1.0, I'm not sure I didn't get a chance to check yet. I thought scraps were now solely for matter generation, or if not maybe it should be.

Edit: Just produced a scrap box in my test map. Still, perhaps scrap-boxes should be scrapped, with scraps instead be reserved for the Mass Fabricator.

• mass generate matter in 16 second, 9 matter per diamond 144 second per diamond...

it MUCH MORE FASTER then harvesting stack of coal 9 flint and obsidian.

1) anything that just grow by itself - fuel only
    2) remove diamonds from scrap box
    3) add resin to scrap box