Posts by Epic Lulz

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…on9lt7xgoqiv37kb0brx9nyy0 - The most efficient reactor ever built :) produces 6800 EU/t

Excuse me, this is not a place where you can hijack threads, especially when it is offtopic.

If you want to brag about your reactor, post in somewhere. Not in this thread. Especially when it is from nearly two months ago.

Finally, your reactor is not that efficient, in many aspects such as resources/output (usage of neutron reflectors), coolant cell usage, and raw output.

Sorry about the late reply, college is busy

well thats what i do all the time and the same thing happens even with he players currently on my server.
    am i suppose to delete the meta-inf folder?
    just haveing a hard time with everything.

You never needed to.

Since Minecraft 1.3, just put the Forge zip in the same folder as minecraft_server.jar. Afterwards, just run the Forge file instead of the jar file. (E.g. java -jar forge-XXXX.XXX.XXX.zip)

that's why you make an IC2 breeder reactor to make plutonium.
    the one thing UE needs is a better way to use antimatter to produce electricity....the fulmination generators are horrid.
    they just need to make a ST style matter/antimatter reactor and be done with it. just require a powered magnetic container for the antimatter storage and you have your balance.

The thing is, we don't have breeders anymore.

No auto crafting things that I have come across seem to accept the rc battery as a component ... I think that this may be caused by an empty battery stacking to only 16, is it possible to make this stack to 64 as all other items in an update so that I can autocraft things with it?

Thanks
    Kris

No, that's not the problem. I think it is due to conflicts between empty charged, unstackable and empty charged, stackable items and wildcard usage. Contact the relevant mod author about proper wildcard usage (unless it is IC2, then just wait for a fix).

The new systems seems to be fine from what I am reading from these post. Single packet additive EU is simpler and would probably cause less problems in the long run, specifically, the lag. But still, the sudden explosions of machines and other stuff without any warnings sucks. You can't expect that most players, especially casuals, will compute everything right to the exact EU every time they place a machine. Maybe adding optional protective mechanisms of some sort should suffice? Tripping when overloaded and turning off all machines on the line it is connected to? Maybe fuses for early game and then re-settable circuit breakers for later on? I think that would be newcomer friendly... And also fun? Imagine isolating the problem and looking for what line did the circuit breaker tripped given the multitude of transformers to be used in these new system... It'll be like a real power grid... :D

Please, stop reviving this goddammed post. It has caused enough trouble and discussion already.

Hi, I am a player from China, we like your mod, and we are waiting for the 1.7.2 mod. Could you tell us when will you update the Nuclear Control Mod to 1.7.2 or higher please?

If you haven't noticed:

Since this occured a few times in the past week, I shall hereby add a new clause to this rule:

If you ask for release dates / ETAs / updates of an Addon, the developer of the Addon can you report your post for said thing and you will receive a ban according to this rule.

Rule is in effect from this very moment.

Yeyh, I moved the Crop-matrons up one block, and presto! they work. I also removed all the weed-ex. Next step is to remove the covers over the beds, to improve air-quality. My reason for putting them there was to prevent people from trampling the crops, since most players on my server has powersuits, with easy step, that treats a single block as stairs, and thus it's very easy to accidentally walk on the beds...

You will have to ban them from using Powersuits, or breed up a high Resistance value on your crops (5 is decent, 10 is enough, above that will bring negative impacts).

By the way, you will have to break and replace all the crops if you have already used Weed-EX on them as Weed-EX's detrimental effects are PERMANENT and cannot be erased without third-party programs.

The crop-matrons must be +1, 0, or -1 block in level from the crop blocks (not the dirt!). The videos you see are probably misinformed.

Some more other tips on crops:
    - Never cover the top of the crops. They should be open to sky, as far as possible. Try to keep the spaces around and above crops as empty as possible (not just directly above). This increases air-quality. Some crops do have special light conditions to grow/survive (some high, some fairly low), so try to adhere to this as far as possible.
    - Swamp, followed by Jungle, is the best biome for growing crops. This increases the Ambient Humidity.
    - Grow crops at Y-level 240+ to increase air quality.
    - NEVER USE WEED-EX. Weed-EX immediately marks the crop down deep in the code, and that will make the crop and it's offsprings' growth severely reduced permanently. It is far more efficient micromanaging crops rather than waiting a few hundred more generations to make up for the growth reduction.
    - Start cross-breeding only when the parent plants have reached the final 3 stages of their growth. Otherwise, you'll just be wasting cropsticks and risking weed infestatons. By the way, try to keep empty cropsticks as few as possible.

Why change the name of something if all your doing is adding upgrades though resipes or right click with an upgrade on a machine?
    You could show required voltage useing the resistor color code. LV is black, MV is brown, HV is red etc. i.e. adding over clockers changes machine colors.

names describe what something does or looks like, if it doesn't do it differntly then it is the same thing.

just cause you put bigger tires on your truck it is still [what ever brand you like]
    though if you need to fix something under it, It can be easyer but not always.

As stated:

So I need Names for the tiered GT Machines. [Machine Name] Tier [Tier] is just a little boring.
    Note: The first two Tiers should have the same Naming convention and are therefor not included.

Tier 0 is actually ULV

Steam is technologically an own Tier but it is no electric Tier.

Well, I meant technological tiers, not electric tiers.

Maybe abbreviate tech tiers to TT, and electric tiers to ET instead. It could open to some confusion.

Otherwise, for Electric Tiers just use the voltage level names, (ULV, LV, MV, ...) and use Tech X or Tier X for the tech tiers.

How about naming teirs 3-5 after what powers them. like a teir 5 furnace could run off plasma from a fusoin reactor and call it a "plasmatron furnace", "plasmoid furnace". but if you did that I would like a simpler generator than a fusion reactor for generating some plasma. teir 4 could be an advanced electric hybrid furnace generating plasma in the furnace at low efficentcy with no wear on iridium parts(rings). teir 3 could be a basic version requiering plasma to be transfered to it at an insanly inefficent cost and/or by consuming parts.

The centrifuges could follow a simular proposed teir system, combining the industrial centrifuge with the thermal centrifuge. then using plasma as the energy source. the recycler tiers 3-5 fill up with scrap then melt/burn it to get usefull stuff/super matter fab fuel from it.

you could say that the first teir is technically steam powered machines,

*tier

No, it will definitely be all electrically powered (steam powered machines are now tier 0). They are basically the lower tier machines with built-in overclockers and transformer upgrades.

Revised some machine names

E-Furnace
    Electroresistance Furnace --> Infra-Red Emission Furnace --> ElectroNova

Macerator
    Fragmentation Macerator --> Infrasonar Macerator --> Mineral Disassembler

Compressor
    Graviton Compressor --> Neutronium Compressor --> Electronic Singularity

Extractor
    Osmotic Extractor --> Evulsion Extractor --> ElectroVacuum

Recycler
    Refuse Reclamation Recycler --> Mineral Reconstruction Recycler --> Matter Revitalizater

Standard Centrifuge
    Rotary S-Centrifuge --> Circomotor S-Centrifuge --> Molecular Cyclone

Electrolyzer
    Piezoelectrolyzer --> Superconduction Electrolyzer --> Compound Deioniser

Rock Breaker
    Metamorphic Breaker --> Terra Core Breaker --> Electric Seismoreactor

Crop Harvester
    Terracing Crop Harvester --> Array Crop Harvester --> Field Stripper

Thermal Centrifuge
    Convection T-Centrifuge --> Arc Plasma T-Centrifuge --> Hades' Forge

[b]Ore Washer[/n]
    Storm Ore Washer --> Torrential Ore Washer --> Hydroelectronic Deluge