List of Names for the new tiered GT Machines, open for Suggestions, now also accepting Suggestions for the Base Texture!

• How about naming teirs 3-5 after what powers them. like a teir 5 furnace could run off plasma from a fusoin reactor and call it a "plasmatron furnace", "plasmoid furnace". but if you did that I would like a simpler generator than a fusion reactor for generating some plasma. teir 4 could be an advanced electric hybrid furnace generating plasma in the furnace at low efficentcy with no wear on iridium parts(rings). teir 3 could be a basic version requiering plasma to be transfered to it at an insanly inefficent cost and/or by consuming parts.

The centrifuges could follow a simular proposed teir system, combining the industrial centrifuge with the thermal centrifuge. then using plasma as the energy source. the recycler tiers 3-5 fill up with scrap then melt/burn it to get usefull stuff/super matter fab fuel from it.

you could say that the first teir is technically steam powered machines,

• How about naming teirs 3-5 after what powers them. like a teir 5 furnace could run off plasma from a fusoin reactor and call it a "plasmatron furnace", "plasmoid furnace". but if you did that I would like a simpler generator than a fusion reactor for generating some plasma. teir 4 could be an advanced electric hybrid furnace generating plasma in the furnace at low efficentcy with no wear on iridium parts(rings). teir 3 could be a basic version requiering plasma to be transfered to it at an insanly inefficent cost and/or by consuming parts.

The centrifuges could follow a simular proposed teir system, combining the industrial centrifuge with the thermal centrifuge. then using plasma as the energy source. the recycler tiers 3-5 fill up with scrap then melt/burn it to get usefull stuff/super matter fab fuel from it.

you could say that the first teir is technically steam powered machines,

*tier

No, it will definitely be all electrically powered (steam powered machines are now tier 0). They are basically the lower tier machines with built-in overclockers and transformer upgrades.

• Tier 0 is actually ULV

Steam is technologically an own Tier but it is no electric Tier.

Well, I meant technological tiers, not electric tiers.

Maybe abbreviate tech tiers to TT, and electric tiers to ET instead. It could open to some confusion.

Otherwise, for Electric Tiers just use the voltage level names, (ULV, LV, MV, ...) and use Tech X or Tier X for the tech tiers.

• Why change the name of something if all your doing is adding upgrades though resipes or right click with an upgrade on a machine?
    You could show required voltage useing the resistor color code. LV is black, MV is brown, HV is red etc. i.e. adding over clockers changes machine colors.

names describe what something does or looks like, if it doesn't do it differntly then it is the same thing.

just cause you put bigger tires on your truck it is still [what ever brand you like]
    though if you need to fix something under it, It can be easyer but not always.

• Why change the name of something if all your doing is adding upgrades though resipes or right click with an upgrade on a machine?
    You could show required voltage useing the resistor color code. LV is black, MV is brown, HV is red etc. i.e. adding over clockers changes machine colors.

names describe what something does or looks like, if it doesn't do it differntly then it is the same thing.

just cause you put bigger tires on your truck it is still [what ever brand you like]
    though if you need to fix something under it, It can be easyer but not always.

As stated:

So I need Names for the tiered GT Machines. [Machine Name] Tier [Tier] is just a little boring.
    Note: The first two Tiers should have the same Naming convention and are therefor not included.

• Official Post

*sighs*
    16x, i assume?
    *I realise all this means I have to do another 100 textures -_-*

• Official Post

*sees Sirus did not look at the Thread*
    I need 3 Textures per Tier (Top, Bottom, Sides also 32x32 being possible), the Machines themselves will do an Overlay over those Machine Block Textures.

It would be ridiculous to have 10 compeletly different Versions for every single Block. 9 Transformers (the 10th one isn't needed, but I leave an empty spot for now, maybe for an Adjustable Transformer), 10 Dynamo Hatches, 10 Energy Hatches, 10 In/Output-Hatches/Busses (That makes 40), the 10 Machine Blocks (just a Block with Cover Functionality and a Single Inventory Slot), the Maintenance Hatch, 9 Muffler Hatches (When I add Pollution, then the higher the Tier the less Pollution you will get), not to mention the UP TO 1000 different Frames!

Guess why I needed to redo my Rendering.

• Official Post

*sees Sirus did not look at the Thread*
    I need 3 Textures per Tier (Top, Bottom, Sides also 32x32 being possible), the Machines themselves will do an Overlay over those Machine Block Textures.

It would be ridiculous to have 10 compeletly different Versions for every single Block. 9 Transformers (the 10th one isn't needed, but I leave an empty spot for now, maybe for an Adjustable Transformer), 10 Dynamo Hatches, 10 Energy Hatches, 10 In/Output-Hatches/Busses (That makes 40), the 10 Machine Blocks (just a Block with Cover Functionality and a Single Inventory Slot), the Maintenance Hatch, 9 Muffler Hatches (When I add Pollution, then the higher the Tier the less Pollution you will get), not to mention the UP TO 1000 different Frames!

Guess why I needed to redo my Rendering.

I was assuming you were doing it like currently. That will save me a LOT of effort.

• I have a theory that the mod is actually done, but greg is postponing because he can't think of names for his blocks, and he doesn't have any textures :P
    If this is like my many other theories, this'll be disproved in about an hour or so.

• I think T3 Machine should be so called Highly Advanced *** just like the Highly Advanced Machine Box,a suggestion:just named tier * as placeholder,when you think over what the name should this machine being called,then name them to the name what you have thought.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• Official Post

I dont wanna use "Highly Advanced" anymore, it's two adjectives, but I need one single adjective, which is better than "Advanced" but not named "Elite". Also "Ultimate" is also not possible, because that is the final Tier even though there is no Machine for that Tier right now (aside from Multiblock Parts and the Machine Box).

• Official Post

Pretty complicated? :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Just call the first tier "basic", and then you get one rank more xD
    Other way ...
    Industrial ? Industrial is reserved for multiblock versions ~SpwnX
    Or give them a random name of technology (like Steam/Electric/.../whatever)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by SpwnX ().

• just comenting because i can, on the start of the topic, the text was diferent, and i also misunderstood it, i was thinking the tiers would be all the same and just the last one would receive a diferent name with a pun, i was going to sugest, basic>improved>advanced>Hi-tech>Super (because for some reason super is a good adjective, hi-tech computers are lower than super computers).

To help in development of a name, it would be good to know what is the best material/work the machine would be doing, so an easy name by product/work covered would be possible.

And i suck at naming, just as writing, and speaking...

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.