Posts by TuxedoSteve

Please note that GT tesseracts do consume 4x more EU/t if the terminal is on a different dimension than the generator.

Although I did learn that while looking through the server configs, the base energy use is set at 32eu/t and crossdimensional is set at 128eu/t

@Above, finite water fix is off, and harder stone is set to true, I forgot to check about the stack limit, so I can't answer that.

Sounds like a nice server, might consider joining tomorrow. Just a couple questions though, what difficulty is the server on, and is Natural Regen enabled?

Edit: Yay adventure mode!

Edit2: I see you quadrupled the energy cost for tesseracts, are allowing multiple dragon egg siphons, and are allowing crafting/decrafting of storage blocks.

you will need to use chunkloaders (there are several mods which adds this) otherwise the energy wont transfer.
    RailCraft World anchor (sentinel for lines) is an example.

I thought that if any part of an e-net was loaded it would load chunks where the rest of the e-net connects to. I might be wrong, but that's just what I've heard.

I'm sorry if it seemed as though I was making you responsible, I was just thinking of situations that would be harder to wire now that packets are gone, tbh I had completely forgotten about your supercondensators, but they will be usefull now that packets are gone, as for the blast furnace, I personally wouldn't use so much energy for it, I was again just thinking of a situation that would be harder, and I mentioned it would be constantly running, so energy storage wouldn't help much.

Different cables doesnt help. It still explodes due exceeding maximum EU/t

By 4 sides I meant having 4 non connected inputs on the sides of the furnace, the back for the multiblock, and the front for Gui interaction, an example would be having a dedicated idsu on each side, im not sure if that would cause it to explode or not though.

Yea, i've blown several mass fabs on testing because of that.
    Is it going to be like this or player will make another way to transfer/consume/store high amounts of energy?

This also means that handling the output of a fusion reactor will be extremely difficult, and it would be impossible to constantly run a 4 overclocked blast furnace, unless maybe you put one 8192 input on each of 4 sides.

On the topic of Large MB Watermills, what about naturally generated structure like "springs" (or Waterfalls) that would give infinite Water (for those using the patch) at a slow rate, some tiny dusts of minerals when you process it and EU in a MB Watermills ?
    In the same way, as BC does, what about adding Lava sources that slowly regenerate over time (maybe in a large zone to complicate easy automation with Tesseracts and the like) ? Gasses sources would be cool as well, given they would have more uses ... I think the Nether is the good area for that ;)

It would defiantly be cool to see very slowly regenerating lava, water, and possibly gasses, or oil. In order to get minerals (calcium maybe) from that water it would have to be a different type of water, similar to what BoP does with the hot springs, or water could have a centrifuge recipe giving small amounts of different minerals, like calcium.

Edit: or, like ton2790 said, not have a centrifuge recipe for it, but instead add a replaceable filter to a multiblock watermill, which might have been what you meant in the first place.

Edit2: The filter could in occasion give small dusts of things like calcium, and on rare occasions, nuggets of certain metals. It could use the same filter as the thermal boiler, the lava filter, which could just be renamed to filter.

Trying to make a water-based generator nonrenewable is just going to lead to a whole lot of exploits. As long as you make its output only slightly higher than an equivalent amount of resources worth of solar panels or windmills, and have it require occasional maintenance and higher tier materials, I think it should be fine. I like the idea of having it require a large reservoir, but it shouldn't have to consume water.

Agreed, that's why I think the huge reservoir generator should output more than one that were to consume water, considering water is infinite, the one that were to consume water would consume a lot of water for a not so high output, and the one with the reservoir would have a higher output, but obviously is much harder to setup, and both would require more than average maintenance, they would also require a turbine blade to operate.