Sorry about taking a break everyone, but I had some personal problems in life. It seems that I am now radically outdated in the mods, but I have a brand-new really fast internet, so it should be fun to come on again.
Blub: Make sure to enable it on your side too.
Alternative: Create a "smoke stack" block, and make the muffler hatch only output pollution, which can be transported to the smoke stack.
Could you perhaps add support for Walkways with GT cables and pipes?
Greg has been adding a lot of Twilight Forestry compatibility recently. Maybe we should consider putting it in?
If Buildcraft is implemented:
Keep the Oil (It's fun to see oil wells)
Remove the pump (But not when the oil wells can be pumped quickly with REDSTONE ENGINES)
Remove the quarry (The IC2 advanced miner is more stable)
Nerf pipes to require plates and require either an assembler (MV) or some tools
Nerf redstone pipes to require a canning machine
Remove liquid pipes
Keep the gates as-is. They were already nerfed in Buildcraft 5.
Require all recipes to use plates (In the case of the laser, lenses)
We need some mod that transfers RF Energy. Currently we have two mods that deal with RF: Forestry, and Railcraft. Both of these have balanced engines (unlike Thermal Expansion...) but with no way to transfer RF, it gets impractical to use these two mods, which in my opinion is not the best choice.
The mod implemented should have the following restrictions:
* No way to transfer RF --> EU (EU --> RF is fine)
* If it has Item or Fluid pipes, they should be inferior in design to GregTech pipes (Recipes do not matter, we have Minetweaker).
* It should have no machines that take up any functions of any machines from the following mods: IC2, Forestry, Railcraft, GregTech.
Could we update to Railcraft 188.8.131.52 please? It fixes a very critical bug with minecarts, specifically this one:
FIX: Supported vanilla cart entities are now properly replaced with Railcraft's implementation on use. (many thanks to Yopu!)
Without this, chest minecarts cannot properly load railcraft minecarts, which is pretty much mandatory considering our nerfed stack sizes. I believe this also affects detector blocks and furnace minecarts.
I honestly would prefer if you linked NEIPlugins in the description. Ported by Tonius (http://www.minecraftforum.net/…acks-fluxedfeederunit-nei), it is actually quite stable and offers additional mod support (AE2, Forestry, Railcraft...).
Do not use either of the NEI plugins provided with the new NEI version. They break. I would really recommend using NEIPlugins instead, as they are superior in stability.
Honestly, at this point, IC2 Classic and IC2 Experimental are so different from each other that they do feel like completely different mods. I suggest a rename to emphasize this, just like what was done with IC --> IC2.
Anti-Matter is the opposite of matter. It actually destroys matter on contact. However, it is theorized that anti-matter batteries could store a ton of energy. So much in fact, that they would be superior to chemical batteries by at least 10 orders of magnitude.
Anti-Matter would be used for the following:
Highly Lossy (but compact) energy storage (possibly going over 2 Billion EU.. but at a cost of 8 Billion EU)
Fuel for Stargates
Highly Destructive Bombs
I wonder if you could possibly add support for sealed GregTech cables, pipes, and other things like that.
If a machine fails (or too much voltage is pumped in with high-end fuses), instead of blowing up, there will be an 80% chance that the fuse will blow instead. This allows you to save your investment, but not in a completely cheap way. Putting a fuse in without fixing a problem only carries a 20% chance that the fuse will blow however, so make sure that you fix the problem!
Some fuses will randomly blow up though. You can prevent this by getting a better fuse. Also, replacing the fuse without disconnecting the electricity from the machine will result in your death by electrocution, and potentially destroy the machine anyway.
Similar to a Fusebox, but does not require fuses. However, these are less reliable, as they carry a 70% chance that they blow instead of the machine, and turning it on without fixing the problem will almost certainly destroy the machine. They are also far more expensive than fuses. However, they do not actually require fuses, and they are safer than fuses.
INB4 bug has ability to clone Iridium and Tungstensteel
I would either remove TC entirely, or nerf only the Thaumometer to include steel. Remember that Thaumcraft loses its big usefulness after the bronze age, since most of the other cheaty stuff is covered by other things (Native Clusters might be cheaper then a macerator, but they will not get you the byproducts that you need to progress), or is very limited in flexibility (Golems, unless upgraded, are very limited in function). Or even configurable, as is the case with Magic Mirrors. As a matter of fact, nerfing Thaumcraft in general is something Azanor specifically warns against, but I'm sure he won't mind that much if we just nerf the thing that allows everything in the first place.
If we include it later, it really will not do much. Magic Forests can be disabled, and ores can be retrogenned. But I doubt the wait will be long, as it is clear he is actively updating to 1.7, as seen on his GitHub for his API:
EDIT: I also just discovered Thaumium is registered in Greg's Meta ore stuff. We could possibly change up the cheap thaumium tools to require assembling like the other tools.
Disable the IC2 Semifluid generator completely. It is way too powerful. It produces more energy at a faster rate then the existing Semifluid Generator AND Diesel Generator.
Here is a suggestion, if Greg doesn't implement it next version. Disable the IC2 Semifluid generator completely. It is too powerful, as it removes the need for either a diesel or GT semifluid generator.
I would like to make a modpack for this server to help people get on easier. How would you people feel about that?
This is the spreadsheet I would be using, with maybe a few more mods added on:
About that: Railcraft has WorldGeneration in the form of Geodes and Quarried stone. May wish to update the sheet to reflect that.
I TOTALLY WANT DIRT TO DIAMONDS!
With Invultri's permission, I say that one of the first things we do is kill the Ender Dragon. After we do, the Egg should go right to a Dragon Egg Energy Siphon at spawn, providing the energy for the entire early spawn. That way, there are no arguments as to who gets the Egg.