Posts by Zudguard

The reason this happens is that more EUs go to the closest receiver (machine, storage, etc) in any circuit. Yes, you can use some and gates to make sure they are all full, OR, you could just make all your MFSUs an equal number of cable blocks from your reactor. Takes a little imaginative placement, but not very hard or complex.

OR, you could just wire up the MFSU furthest away from your reactor, and as it will fill last, it should serve your purpose also.

Edit: Haven't tested this theory, I just found this from observations of my EU circuits.

electrolized water cells are all very well and good, however they have their own issues.

To start there is a 10% power loss. 15000 EUs in, only 13500 EUs out. Also, another issue I find with them is that they only unload their charge when the MFE or MFSU is at 30% or less power. They are more usefull as a buffer for power in my opinion. Not to mention you need to have a full/almost full MFE or MFSU to start charging. (70% or higher for the electrolyzer to start drawing power, charging cells).

Now, if you have a huge power station I guess you could compensate for all this, but If you are buying the power you can only really fill up 30% of any storage unit, making it frustrating for slightly ocd people like me who like having full storage units.

hmmm, the wiki says the cells start charging the storage unit when it is <25%, not 30%. and only charges when the storage unit is 75%, could have sworn that i saw 30 and 70% somewhere. However, if this is the case, this only makes it harder to charge and discharge the cells.

Hmmmm, enchanting an industrial item..... yes and no. Haven't seen many situations where industry and magic are compatible.

However!, since I always use IC2, I never really used enchanting because of it. so adding a tool class in IC2 that can be enchanted and infinite use would be awesome. just make it bl**dy expensive though :D. Then I could use a chest piece for armour rather than a lappack when I go mining ).

This does sound nice. I am no coder, but I would think this might be quite hard to code, considering that the iron fence attached to a pole breaks it. Probably a reason (i.e. hard/not possible to code) for this.

+1 though, I really like the idea. not a fan of the magnitizer at the moment as I cannot make it longer.

Perhaps having a way to upgrade it? so that it does 40 or more poles before running out of power?

Roseroar, could you let me know of your youtube username? I am always interested in minecraft letsplays. they give valuable insight into playing minecraft, and show me different ways to do things I find very useful. can't promise I will watch them at the moment, as my internet plan is pretty crappy, but I will take a look.

goodluck with your feed the beast. I did the MC 1.2.3 one before, I need to look at this new version. A bit scared of the bee breeding, trying in my current world, and it is more of a pain that it used to be.

hehe, batboxes and hv cable. I can go one better, directly upgrade voltage from the tin cable to HV with HV cable.

nah.

it all depends on how large your solar array is, and how much you might want to get in the future. I tend to go with batboxes and insulated copper cable. the cost of a batbox isn't much, so it is fine laying one every 5 blocks (4 cable 1 batbox)

Later on when you want to upgrade, if you need more than 32EU/t. now you have the resources to switch to glass fibre and MFEs. I am sure the leftover batboxes and copper cable will have a use somewhere else.

Oh, and if you start needing a MFE to charge a lappack, but your factory doesn't need more than 32 EU/t yet, no need to upgrade the entire system, just add a MFE at your factory, and add a LV transformer to change it back down to 32EU/t. This is a good way to store heaps of energy as well.

very nice solution, emit if full MFSU. just one issue with that i can see. That is the redstone pulse will be triggered and turned off at a very fast rate (obviously depends on the input power), not the best for running minecraft smoothly.

Hi

Using MC 1.2.5 and IC2 1.95 (not 1.95b quite yet) (and other assorted mods)

sorry to be a bother but I have found an issue with EUs not moving when they should. My setup is fairly basic a batbox connected to a couple of electric furnaces (using standard copper insulated wire). All runs fine for a while then eventually, despite the batbox being full, the furnaces are no longer receiving power. I haven't fiddled with the redstone behaviour of the batbox, nor is there anything remotely redstone near it.

Currently the fix is to break a piece of wire and replace it, but frustrating, as it is all nicely covered up.

Just came across this behaviour again, when I have a geothermal generator directly connected to a mass fabricator, with 1 insulated copper cable. Generator was full of lava and the battery on it was full, but nothing was going through. mass fab was not full or anything of the sort. same fix, break and replace, but not good if you want to go mining and want the mass fab to work throughout.

Anyone else having this issue? My next step is to update to 1.95b, but it has no indication that this issue was addressed.

Edit: Something new, The same thing happened between a couple of batboxes with 1 copper cable (insulated) connecting them. And then between two batboxes that were connected directly. New fix found, restarting the world seemed to 'fix' the problem.

HAHAHAHAHA, nice presentation. Good line from the Hindenburg disaster there, I think that suits it.

+1 for entertainment, but 0 for part of IC2, probably more apt in one of the world gen mods, that has uranium/other dangerous ores/mobs.

yeah, those overclockers really change the dynamics of power supply. Assuming you have enough power production from your panels etc, it is an issue of supplying enough power to each machine.

There are several solutions to this, all revolve around increased storage and/or increased availability of power, such as using MV instead of LV to name one.

Firstly you need to look at how often your machines are operating. If you have them running almost all the time, you need to spend more resources making sure the required energy is available.

Lets start off with a low volume system, infrequently used. Your best bet would be to put in plenty of storage upgrades, with 10K EUs per upgrade, they are pretty awesome to use. I like them anyways.

If that doesn't work for you, you need to split your machines up more. rather than having 4 or more machines per batbox, make it more like 2 or even 1 machine per batbox, transferring your storage to extra batboxes and making more of the output of 32EU/t available per machine (16EU/t or 32EU, compared to 8EU/t average per machine)

If however, your system requires larger throughput, extra storage on or just before the machines will not cut it, as the storage will deplete and then the input from batboxes won't be enough.

Now it is time for an upgrade, as I think you might need. MV will most probably work I would think, having 9 machines. I would recommend splitting your machines into being fed off of 2 MFEs rather than 1. Just to make it slightly more reliable. don't forget to add the transformer upgrades first before you add the power.

if you want to marry up your supply and demand even better go through this page of the wiki: http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…title=Overclocker_upgrade

It is quite detailed on efficiencies and power consumption vrs production.

To be honest, I have not found a requirement to use HV on machines, I always much prefer to increase the number of machines and save power (more EUs to go into the Mass fab :D ) Yeah, sure, use it, but it is slight overkill, unless you only want one machine of each type and are feeding them the product of a quarry or three.

goodluck

just use a torch.

really? you are talking to people who use a damn electric furnace to upgrade (let alone all the other awesome stuff of this mod)

obviously it would use EUs and have a larger radius of snow melt than a torch. we ain't looking for a solution here, we want upgrades! XD

mmm, liking the look of tribes ascend. If I did play FPS games it would be that one, a lot more interesting than battlefield 3 or (god forbid) the mind-numbing multiplayer game play of the cod series.

Back to the original intend of the OP, yes I think it is a good idea, but it would have to be driven by the devs, not us. Something perhaps similar eloraams blog or Alblakas blog. So in effect us having to ask for it means that it probably won't be done, or it would be done already.

I like it, but sorry, don't think it is going to happen. (hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :) )