Posts by Zudguard

looking interesting.

not sure why you are using pistons to move the cobble in front of the blockbreakers, as you can place the blockbreakers right in front of where the cobble is created

something like this
    ....:Mining Laser:
    :Lava Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Empty Cell: :Water Cell:
    ........:Empty Cell:

the empty cells are space for the water to flow without killing the lava source block. the uranium cell is where the cobble is produced, with the blockbreaker directly above or below it. usually above. (see mining laser)

rubber trampolines? urgh

Tried em a few times, off by a fraction when trying to land on those one block leg breakers and bam, broken legs. Love it if you could make them bigger, then they might have a use.

heh heh, a healing bed

I like it!

no need to get fancy, straight away with nano-tech and the like. have a basic bed that heals.

then you leave room for more advanced upgrades/ buffs and the like. Think potion effects here, so each day you can wake up with SPEED! lol, or whatever buff you want.

hmmm perhaps integrate these buffs with plants from the agriculture part, making materials from a plant or two to give you these effects.

But please please, don't go straight for "high" tech stuff guys, that just makes it boring. It is much better to have an upgrade system in it.

Has anyone notice that to stay fully updated with all your favourite mods/addons you have to update them at least twice a week? Not to mention compatibility issues with old worlds, block ids and the like.

The latest example being the split of advanced machines(sorry! I like the mod, it is just the stick that broke the camels back here), that will cause me another headache, trying to apply it to my current set up.

I think what I am trying to say is that It would be much better if there was a slower release of mods, take Eloram for example. One release every minecraft version is fantastic, rather than in the middle of my new (yet again >( ) world where I have to update everything.

Bug fixes? yeah sure, have bug fix updates for people who care about them, but don't add new content making people feel they have to update yet again. (everyone always wants new shinies.

Sorry Alblaka, love your mod, I just hope this opens up some discussion about this.

(you might be asking why not just stop updating. well yeah, the current state up the updates have now driven me to this. I hate it, but it now outweighs my want of everything updated.)

mmm yeah. Industrialcraft needs something like this.

mining laser sorta sucks against mobs, compared to something like the nano saber, or even just the chainsaw (which i use as my weapon rather than carrying a sword)

something that isn't too op, but good for taking out mobs at range would be fantastic, and would fit in well with IC2 i think.

hell, if it is too powerful make the cost stupidly high, using uum and iriduim ore/plates etc etc. and/or increase the fuel/ammo requirements. fairly easy to balance i would hope.

my 2 cents

the copper is also light brown...... both colors are similar

derp, bronze is used, not brass :(

80%, i should have gotten 90%

nice quiz

looks sorta ok. Although transform the energy down to 512 glass fiber sooner, so that you don't get any/much cable losses.

This works because when transforming down, the transformer outputs 4 512 pulses (=2048 capacity) per tick. save you a few EUs if you want to.

also, you won't need that many transformers. one transformer has a capacity (see above) of 2048Eu/t, so if your reactor is only 1820 it works.

you might want to think about how you are going to supply this energy to whatever. The layout makes it hard to separate each MFSU if you want different ones to power different things you will have to have a look at it.

concept looking good however.

As far as I know when my macerator/other machine needs more power than is provided, it does take longer. taking a little break from mc so i won't be testing this, but that is my understanding. not sure why your operations are still taking less than a tick even with limited power.

What Fenix said. While yes you can say that it should be able to get 2000EU/t, it is not how it is designed, so that argument is moot (i.e. irrelevant)

I must only assume that (without huge effort) the machines were not meant to recieve 2000EU/t and thus storage cells come into play. considering that each storage upgrade gives 10k, 64 gives 640,000EUs worth of storage. Roughly 320 operations before it runs out, and that is ignoring recharging from lets say a 512EU/t MFSU. By the time the first 320 blocks are done, 163800EUs or so have been flown in giving another 80 operations. And so on and so on.

If you really want your system to run for that long without break, you are going to have to set up some substantial supply systems using rp2 or BC.

ALSO, if you are trying to do this to a macerator, don't forget that you are wasting a heap of energy, I haven't calculated it but It is probably better just to use that energy to feed into your mass fab. 16k to make one piece of scrap does not efficiency make. (16k*34=544,000EUs used just to speed up one UU-m), thus ending up with uu-matter costing a total of 710,000EUs, rather than the much closer to 166,666Eu cost if you used more macerators at a slower speed. Looks like I have done the calculations now. :)

@Bluehorazon. Machines will stop, and cancel their progress when there is no power. As there is still power coming in the progress continues, albeit at the speed that the power allows.

try looking at the 1.62 IC2 mod spotlight from direwolf20. probably the best way to see how it works other than testing it for yourself.

agreed, i think there should be scaling with power, but as for losses.... if you want to introduce more real world physics, fine, but I know there are many who wouldn't want it.

Hi guys

I have been dabbling in changing the wiki for quite a while now, and would now like to make a few new pages for the machine upgrades and add them to the wiki.

So far I have always just edited an existing page for my edits, and can find no way to make a new one. Probably something I am missing here.

Much obliged

Zudguard

Setting aside balance and coming back to the point of the op. Forestry.

http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki/index.php?action=home

not the most complete converter mod, but not bad either. You can convert EUs to MJs and its own biofuel to Eus if you wish.

Please base your decision to post, and your content on the(original) point of the post, it is pointless for it to devolve into other topics. Then you might as well just start another thread.

a good setup. the first one i saw when i originally got rp2. you can however compress the water side of it a little to save space, and put the blockbreakers in one long line for a large production facility. use the rp2 tubes out the end of the blockbreakers.

Hmm, I thought water mills made up to 0.025 EU/t unmanned, meaning you'd need 10x the materials as for solars. Did it change in IC2?

If you want to check the wiki, you are almost correct. 0.010EU/t per block of adjacent water. 3*3*3 minus the watermill and one block of cable equals 25*.010 = 0.25Eu/t per water mill.

So from that you get 24/7 production from each watermill of .25. Because you get 2 per generator that makes .5EU/t.

The efficiency of solar panels before their nerf was more like .64Eu/t/day as the day (solar energy production time) lasted longer than the night.

However with the lack of production in the rain this would decrease (go to the desert to ignore this :) ) Considering that, the production in a temperate climate of solar panels would be fast decreasing towards the 0.5Eu/t/day that two water mills produce. Also, with the increase in cost of solars, back to 2 circuits it is a lot cheaper for power production to use water mills. The only issue is the fiddling with making sure each mill is surrounded with water. I have tried, and it is a pain. easily doable, but fiddly when you are trying to do it for 20+

(Edited for spelling and grammar)