Posts by Zudguard

looking good

I recommend you update with these values yourself. anyone can, and that is the only way the wiki is updated.

one other number. 1 Mobius fuel gives about 64 or 65k EUs when put in a generator. been a little while since i tested it.

yeah, retrievers work, but if you don't want to set up a bluelectric system, transposers(one for each furnace/macerator etc) will work just as well.

While the bluelectric system is pretty cool, working with it deep underground can be a pain as the only current power source is solars.

Enderbegone :P

Tier X
    -Water plant, so looks blue I guess.
    -Medium growth
    -Must be planted underground, with water nearby perhaps also?
    -Causes drops of water(like when there is water just above a block) to fall from the ceilling in a certain area around it
    -Any Enderman that appears in its radius either take damage, or cannot appear/move into in the area
    -Creates a block of water next to it if harvested, no other drops

I have been having a plague of endermen running amok in my basement for quite sometime now.:( This would be just the thing to keep them out. 8)

it is not so much an even amount of junk. with advanced insertion pipes there is no need to give them an even amount. the junk will just cycle round until it meets a recycler that can accept it.

If you really want to give recyclers an even amount of junk go for distribution pipes, then you can assign even ratios for each recycler (takes forever, really boring :( ) so that your request works. However the only issue with this is that they don't take into account different types of junk, so if the distribution pipe decided a plank was to go into a recycler that was currently doing a large batch of cobblestone, it would pop out, unlike with advanced insertion pipes.

here's my 2 cents

I use a splitter cable usually. my logic is that if the workshop line is full the rest will go to the mass fab, (please let me know if this is wrong), you might only get a max of half eu/s produced to the workshop but that is usually enough.

this way you can pile on the power and hopefully just have excess going to the mass fab and enough going to the workshop.

hi mijnboogje

the best piece of advice would be to start a test world, and using tmi play around with the deployer to fill buckets, and filters to take full buckets in and out of deployers/the nuclear reactor.

this is assuming i guess that you are using rp2 as that is how it tends to be done.

get buckets going into the reactor and empty buckets going out without the reactor running (by adding empty buckets) then turn it on with only a few uranium cells, and test again. then just slowly ramp it up as you feel comfortable with.

like I tell my brother start things off small scale as especially with this experiment if you try to go big first, you will end up with many craters before you learn much. :)

goodluck!

hey guys

Just thought I would share my current iteration of my workshop, with the exception of an alloy furnace for redstone operations it has almost everything.

Here is where I can deposit anything I need for processing, or access cobblestone from a rp2 cobble gen.

And down below the items teleport into a separate small circuit for each process so that it circles around until there is an opening. Advanced insertion pipes from additional pipes ensure nothing pops out.

Notice the BC auto crafter above the chests? I have 4 of these placed around the room so I can use each one to craft different components at con-current times while I am waiting (a fairly short time) for processing of other materials.

4 MFEs provide MV current in a loop so that any MFE can power any machine. (from a solar panel array)

output is combined into a chest upstairs for use.

the mods i use are IC2, advanced machines, BC, additional pipes, red power 2, EE, and a few more.

love to hear your thoughts.

mmmm, i use miners a bit, but they is still a pain to look after. normal mining works for me much better,

normal furnaces, then gen and macerator and charcoal burning, then extractor.

i don't even get a furnace till i can make an induction furnace.

If i feel like being lazy i go for a BC quarry, 64x64 size, otherwise i progress into forestry for food and wood.

yeah all a matter of balance. sadly EE isn't balanced with any other mod, however balanced it is with itself.

I am still going through it myself, haven't managed to do much with it yet.

EE does make it easy to get fuel and i have been playing around with fuel/matter production for a while. great fun.

you can still dig around for materials, as it doesn't produce Copper and tin (unless you want to use the philo stone to change iron to copper and tin, i think it works I don't use it)

I tend to use it just to fill deficiencies, such as a lack of iron, after i have done a heap of mining and still have a heap of copper and tin, but not nearly enough iron.

nice, so alchemical coal works in generators? cool. I had only used the coal from EE before to do something similar.

nice to see someone else using Equivalent exchange, all I ever see of it is "oooo it is just tmi" :(

so many other cool features on that mod I like playing with.

Oh, if you want to speed it up think of adding an alchemical chest with a watch of flowing time and an antimatter relay. 8) i had that once and it produces coal too fast for punny redstone engines to keep up.

Well, now that begs a question I haven't seen answered anywhere... Do cable junctions split packets, evenly distribute whole packets, base it on cable length...?

Question for the OP: You say they're right next to each other... Is the output face of the batbox touching the mfsu? (you'd probably actually see the power in the batbox jumping around between 0-32 EU if this was the case)

heh, i am not THAT bad at wiring. the batbox is definitively not just feeding back into the MFSU. I changed the wiring so that it only goes into the batbox and it holds its charge, it just doesn't want to split when both are wired, even if the batbox is the closer target, still seems to favor the MFSU.

AS far as I know, without a splitter cable, cable junctions split based on proximity, with the closer targets for energy recieving more energy

Thanks for the input everyone. My aim is to have 192 solar panels so I will have to boost it straight to MV (from 128 to 4 packets of 128 ) so I don't have any energy loss. better do some testing first to make sure it works 8)

Hey hey

I have a solar array currently wired up to a MFSU and am wanting to split the current so that a nearby batbox gets some power also.

No matter how I try to wire it, all the power seems to go to the MFSU, even if I use a splitter cable. just adding the tin to each storage (currently next to each other) same thing happens. batbox doesn't charge, and MFSU does.

obvious answers to this. Have you used the splitter cable? Yes, I have, see above.

Is this a case of the 1EU packets not being able to split at all due to the mechanics of this mod? one solution would be to make another MFSU above the two and split a 512 current I guess, but that is really expensive. Or just using a transformers perhaps?

love to hear some thoughts on this.

I just did 1000 scrap boxes and yeah, you get a lot of hoes.

84 for my run.
    Swords (wooden): 25
    wooden picks: 22
    wooden shovels: 28
    15 signs
    77 sticks

annnnd 2 diamonds, making it a 0.2% drop, but that is probably incorrect. 1000 scrapboxes are too few to be honest.

(and more stuff i just didn't count it all)

I don't know if you've actually tried this, but I am not having any troubles with dropouts. If one will occur, it'd be very VERY infrequently. The reason for this is because as SOON as a fuel can enters the generator, it is pulled back out. It's only in long enough for the fuel to go into the generator. For there to be a dropout, two fuelcans would have to be traveling into the generator at almost the same time. This wouldn't be a huge problem for me because I only have 8 fuel cans in the system, circulating about... even with 8 full fuel cans meandering around in the system looking for a generator to use their fuel, they haven't run into each other in such as way to cause a dropout.

Ah. yeah, you wouldn't get dropouts with that number. I tend to fully load a system, but that is me.

quarries arefantastic! for scrap production one quarry goes to about 3 or 4 recyclers. if you don't want to mar the landscape with them, you can still turn them into cobblestone generators. I tend to have a BC/IC power converter mod to convert the Eu/s from solar panels to work the quarry.

I haven't done it since the update though, hope it still works, be less efficient with the reduced average output of panels due to weather. all the more reason to live in a volcano in a desert!

ignoring tin issues and getting back to the logistics issue for your fuelcans. I see a very troubling future for you. everyone has mentioned the possibilities.

Redpower 2. and Additional pipes. (Additional pipes still works for 1.337/b)

personally i would use two sides of the generator with additional pipes to only extract empty cans, and the advanced insertion pipe to put the cans in with. This way you don't have to worry about a ...

huh, didn't know a fuelcan emptied instantly when placed.

back to where i was. I would still use two sides of the generator, as you don't want a full can stuck inside one waiting for the charge to deplete and another one trying to get in.

with the advanced insertion pipe there won't be any dropouts, but then you need to use the side to extract the empties. You will need an advanced wooden pipe also so that something is extracted(tested with normal wood on side and nothing comes out)

my 2 cents

ooo, interesting. It could be reaching the limits of it's coding or something with that.

to be totally practical if you go above 512EU/t you will have trouble supplying the mass fab. with enough scrap continually.

I tmied a bunch of stuff, ran something like 30-40 MFSUs in parallel (for easy power generation used advanced solar panels 8) ) and had a readable input of over 16000EU/t, and there was no way you could keep scrap supplied with that. I never measured how long it would take to make it.

looks like you could supply it with scrap, it would need a huge scrap processing facility 8) . although if you had 25+ MFSUs you are way past wealthy in MC.