Posts by alexthesax

While I was sorting out a nasty ID conflict between the TF2 Teleporters and IC2, I went looking in the IC2 config, and noticed a line:

And I noticed it doesn't come up in TMI when I go into game, what exactly is this block? I'm curious. :S

Don't ask me why its called what its called, I didn't do it :3

Anyway its the resin block for rubber trees.

Well there is a way but it involves copious amounts of obsidian pipes from BC. Not quite that compact but it is quite scalable.
    only has one collection point to boot, water does the rest.
    don't have any pics as I haven't built one in my current world yet but I can post them later when I get around to it.

Is it like what I did with water, just with obby pipes?

I look forward to seeing this....

Giving hints is the same thing as letting people know what will come. I don't see how it is any different. People will respond the same way if a hint never goes live as well. Just my two cents. I am not one to ever complain about content in ostensibly free software, so not likely to ever complain about something not being implimented. Thank you for the response though.

Well when hinting in public, 99.9% of the time, the feature is already coded and works.

I was there when it happened. I was sprinting and jumping the entire time. The helm depleted and stopped giving me hunger once the charge was empty and I died, SMP.

When the qhelmet is out of power, yes your hunger meter will go down, and if it goes all the way down, then yes you WILL die regardless....

As long as it works and your getting 100% of the cati, is it going into generators there?

Looks great, if it works...

No it is not 100%, I'm curious if any 100% farms exist that are this compact and large. In the end it will be distributed to chests from where it will either get cooked into cactus greens, and crafted into waterproof for BC pipes, and all the rest will be sent to be processed into biofuel which will be stored, and then when you want extra power, burnt in biogenerators or used in combustion engines.

Anyway, yes this system gets most of it, idk exactly how much, but considering the size of this farm, its pretty good.

Alright, let me get this straight...

1. The suit uses energy as you use it
    2. The suit will not disappear when out of power
    3. The helmet works as intended, restoring hunger and giving you air
    4. You will not be injured if you have a full suit on that has a charge in all the parts
    5. When the suit is out of power, you can die

Are those statements true?

Is there a thread on these forums that gives details about futures releases? Besides the suggestions forums which are very vague and nonspecific to actual releases and their possible content. Apologies in advance if I have overlooked such a thread.

No there isn't, though that is a good idea, I just go off of what iv'e implemented and the changelog I posted in the beta releases (non public). I'll throw the idea of a future release content thread to the team...

Alright, I tested the Q helm, it works correctly except I ran for 30+ minutes, sprinting and jumping until it drained. It lasts forever but it does deplete and you die.

Well what I deciphered from that post is, "I tested the QHelmet, it works right, it drains and you die."

Anyway, considering that this seems to be working right, and I got a go ahead from darenton2k7 via skype, I think were good to go, any objections?

I have tried quite a lot of designs, but i just cant come up with a non-CASUC cooling system for this design: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1k10101001501521s1r11r10
    Is there even one, anyone got an idea?

You've just got way too much heat, even with just 4 cells in square configuration, half of what you have there, I was only able to get it down to a Mark II. Thus with the amount of pulses you have its impossible to get below a Mark III I would say. Any more experienced Reactor techs prove me wrong, but that's my best guess.

Oh god. Those wires. Those pipes. THE HORROR!

At the pipes, at the very least. I use the Foresty Cactus harvester. Used to do the same thing as the pipes, except just for cactus dropped withing a 10x10x? area (height is not mentioned on the wiki), but since it has changed to an actual harvester, I'm reconsidering using it...

Maybe use a water current so that all the cactus is collected at one or two points? It's a personal choice. I prefer to use as few pipe as possible if I can.

Quite frankly BC pipes are very CPU efficient, what is kinda lagging my computer down is when i stand close to the logic gates, I don't have the best GPU, and it would seem all that wire and logic gates are render hogs...

How well would that work with an intermittent draw like from an always warm induction furnace off the chain a bit?
    Also sorta wondering if there's anything I can do until that comes out? If I have to recharge the q-suit pieces parts of the grid start shutting down. (like power to the forestry fermenter)

Because the storage blocks can take a little bit more than what they are rated to hold, it shouldn't be a problem. Plus Induction furnaces don't pull that much, even one mfsu pulse 512 eu, would keep a few running for a while...