Suggestion: Make Explosions pass through water rather than destroy it

• As I understand it, the reason water's Explosion Resistance was changed was to keep it from blocking explosions. However, it would be a lot better to make it so that explosions could pass through water (like it does through air blocks) instead of making the explosions destroy water blocks outright.

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe air has a resistance of 0, and doesn't provide any protection. When any block is destroyed, it is immediately replaced with air, so when air is destroyed, it is replaced with an air block. This would make it so explosions wouldn't be able to travel through water unless you came up with a different way.

Edit: BTW your thread is at risk for deletion because it is in the wrong format. Should be "Suggestion: Water vs. Explosions" , or even better "Suggestion: Change to Water Regarding Explosions" or something to that effect.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• It would be easy to change this technically but would require a base class mod and that would mean Forge would have to hook it up.

EDIT: Or you can make your own mod that makes explosions not destroy water.

• nothing prevent user from creating his own explosion function to ignore water, personal blocks, lava and soo on in damage calculations.

and you dont need basemod for this, forge already have needed hooks implemented.

• Why is every suggestions met with, "Well you can just mod the mod"? Isn't it better to just get the mod to work better in the first place?

nothing prevent user from creating his own explosion function to ignore water, personal blocks, lava and soo on in damage calculations.

and you dont need basemod for this, forge already have needed hooks implemented.

• Why is every suggestions met with, "Well you can just mod the mod"? Isn't it better to just get the mod to work better in the first place?

So you are saying IC2 is bad because it uses the same functions that MC itself uses? And you are saying that just because you think something is bad someone else really has to do the work for you?
    "If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas then how can you expect someone else to do it for you?"

• Official Post

So you are saying IC2 is bad because it uses the same functions that MC itself uses? And you are saying that just because you think something is bad someone else really has to do the work for you?
    "If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas then how can you expect someone else to do it for you?"

FYI, I'm 99.9% sure that we have our own explosion code, rather than use MC's.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• FYI, I'm 99.9% sure that we have our own explosion code, rather than use MC's.

I am 100% sure you do so that makes it an average of 99.95 percent between the two of us. Point is, your explosion code is no different from what vanilla code does. It destroys water.

• Official Post

Yeah I didn't make it, I was just aware of its existence. I suppose it would probably just be a simple if blockid == block.water.blockid, continue or something along that idea.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....