Posts by Monoxide

If you've already created a world, and then change your IDs, you'll mess up your world. For example:
    - Make a CF structure, CF has an ID of 150
    - Change CF's ID to something else, and change the nuke ID to 150
    - Log back into your world and you'll have buildings made of nukes

If you're using a 64-bit operating system you may still be using a 32-bit browser (such as Chrome, wish they would hurry up and release a 64-bit build for Windows/OSX >.>)
    Therefore, if you have 64-bit Java installed, you'll also need to install 32-bit Java to run it in your browser.

Yes, Forge has it's own modloader/modloadermp (FML) and the 4096 patch in all recent versions.

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: My Documents.Downloads.minecraftforge-server-3.3.8.152.mod_MinecraftForge

For some reason it's trying to load from your Downloads folder. Can you explain to me, step by step, EXACTLY how you're installing Forge, giving me full paths for every file you mention? Pretend I have an IQ of 15 and you're trying to teach me how to set it up. XD

oh, such helpful advice! If you'd actually been reading you would have realised I didn't know IC 1.97 was out yet, for one.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so blunt about it. Is there any mod in your list that specifically needs Forge 135? If not I would recommend starting with a clean client and server jar, and installing NOTHING but Forge 152. Run the server/client, make sure you can still connect and play, close everything and then throw IC2 client in the client's mods folder, and IC2 server in the server's mods folder.

It's pretty simple. When power is flowing through the line, the detector cable activates the timer which is set to 250 ms (if it's set too high, and the user uses too little power, the timer might not get to tick before it's deactivated again.) The counter in front of it is set to 9600 to give 40 minutes of power (total power. It doesn't count when the user isn't using any power.) When the counter hits the max, it shuts off the splitter cable, stopping the flow. It also activates the timer which causes the filter to pull an item out of the chest. I have it set to pull uranium. When the item passes through the item detector, it pulses the decrement side of the counter which is also set to 9600, restarting the whole thing. You could set it to cost any item (or items) in the game, and give however much power you want.

So far it seems to be working great.

Note that the repeater is just there because the splitter cable refuses to activate from redwire. It'd work a little better if that bug was fixed.

Shoot, I thought I'd read that build 160 was okay. Let me quickly try reverting to 152. I'll post back with the results.

Edit:
    Yup, that solved the issue. Thanks for correcting my derp haha

IC2 really doesn't like BC3 SMP from here. It's just endless console spam about enet issues. I'm assuming it's because of outdated API. Energy doesn't seem to flow properly (eg. I had some auto-manned water mills that would fill up with water but no power would flow through the cables and into the batbox. The machines I had hooked up to the batbox worked until they ran out of internal energy.)

Does anyone know of a BC3 SMP build that IC2 likes? I'd like to finally move onto BC3 on my server because some BC mods are no longer officially supporting the old 2.x branch.