[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Lost items in multiblocks are gone forever.

Also, the forestry soldering iron does not help you. you need the GT soldering iron with at last 10.000EU and some soldering material in your inventory.

Soldering materials are tin, lead or soldering alloy in ingot, rod or fine wire form.

Edit: No making stuff cheaper/easier. It works fine without cheating. Making a Soldering Iron works fine with LV machines. The alternative would be to feed the EBF with 5-6 Amp instead of 4 directly. One second of too little steam and material is lost even without any maintainance issues.

My personal favorite for LV EBF. 3 Energy hatches <- 8x cable <-9x battery buffer with 8 batteries <- steam turbines.

• Pretty much every non-endgame EBF recipe is either 120EU/t or 500EU/t - would be kinda odd to change just steel.

(And, since I'm thinking about it, did you see that the Wrought Iron->Steel recipe uses drastically less EU (total, it's still 120/t) than any of the others? Took me a while to notice that, but it's well worth setting up an Arc Furnace for)

One other thing to consider - energy hatches can accept 2A of power, so you "only" need three LV hatches.

• Have you fixed all the maintenance problems on the EBF? If you haven't (usually because no soldering iron/ducttape) it'll take 5A of LV power to finish. (120EU/t + 10% = 132, which is more than four inputs can supply.)

Actually, energy hatches take 2 amps each, so 3 will be enough. However, you'll probably need a 9-slot or 16-slot battery buffer to get 5 amps into the cables. Putting steam turbines next to the energy hatches won't work for that. Using 5 energy hatches will overclock the recipe to HV tier and it will suddenly need 480 EU/t (528 if one maintenance problem remains) instead.

• Actually, energy hatches take 2 amps each, so 3 will be enough. However, you'll probably need a 9-slot or 16-slot battery buffer to get 5 amps into the cables. Putting steam turbines next to the energy hatches won't work for that. Using 5 energy hatches will overclock the recipe to HV tier and it will suddenly need 480 EU/t (528 if one maintenance problem remains) instead.

I had not even considered that many hatches causing it to tick up to HV. Definitely sticking with three, then. (and my setup was pretty much like Asp's, only albeit with only six batteries because of lead shortages, but that's another rant entirely. :)

• I've been away from GT for far too long it seems, had no idea that hatches take 2 amp (would be nice if the interface told you that, somehow). Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

• ferrelas

There are some little known things like the setup of the EBF in early electrical age along with other things that sometimes frustrates some players. There are information on the Wiki and some Youtube videos but most are a couple of years old. One exception is a new tutorial and Let's Play/Server series by Bear989Sr (Search for Minecraft Bears Den on Youtube). He is doing an new tutorial series with CrazyJ (also on Youtube) on getting started with Gregtech machines and the new circuit changes in the Experimental branch. He also has some older multiblock tutorials of some of the GT5U specific machines. His videos are sometimes funny but I have to give a warning that they might be PG-13 rated for language (Disclainer from Bear989Sr himself). :D

• yeah, Bear is great for tutorial videos, even though his audio levels have issues in a fair number of them.

I do wish his video descriptions would list what version of 5u he was running, it took me a good ten minutes to realize I don't have the same version because I kept trying to search for "phenolic" in NEI

EDIT: I had hoped all the phenol stuff, etc, was in the 1.10 branch but 1.7.10 got it with .29, so now I'll have to deal with that too

oh my god good circuits basically quadrupled in material cost?

• Okay, so, I'd been working through a "beginner's guide to GT" and it pretty much runs up to "getting an EBF" and then stops. I've tinkered a bit more from there, but now I'm wondering what the next logical steps are. Clearly a Fusion reactor is a long ways in the future...

Currently I have a Large Bronze Boiler running into a small pile of basic turbines, buffered into an MV battery bank, for power. I tangented into trying to make solar panels, and have a couple, but there's just no way they can compare with the throughput of the Boiler unless i spam a *ton* of them (which i don't quite have the circuits to do, yet). The boiler takes a fair bit of micromanagement, as i haven't figured out a good way to automate it without wasting huge piles of charcoal in intermittent startup times. Any suggestions?

Machinery-wise I've got almost everything, i think, in LV, plus a couple of things I needed MV to do the recipes properly (Fluid Extractor, Electrolyzer, Cutting Saw, and Extruder). The current project is getting together a LV Circuit Assembler, Sifter, and Laser Engraver so I can stop with the endless vacuum tubes. I'd like to get some sort of AE2 autocrafting going, but I'm real hesitant to do that running off a consumable power supply.

It looks like I might need to do something with Oil in order to get Polyethylene for HV machinery (specifically, a Universal Macerator), but I'm entirely unsure what the progression path looks like. I found a patch of PFAA "extra heavy oil" that doesn't actually seem to be craftable into anything (the only NEI recipes involve (un)bucketing it in the Canning Machine).

Modwise, my pack is very minimalist. GT, AE2 (+Extra Cells), and PFAA is it for changing-gameplay mods. I wanted a relatively-pure GT experience.

• I somehow missed that IT2 existed, as a thing! Will definitely take a look at their HQM book (and maybe even just start a new world. I was getting oddly fond of PFAA's worldgen, though...)

• Greetings miners,

does anyone have up-to-date reactor design list? Would like to have some low power to high power each with dirrerent fuel (thorium uran, mox...).

Thanks

• Greetings,

recently i ran into antother problem, now with oil & fluids. I have centrifuge (with oilsand) connected to bronze fluid pipe and it into brewery (lubricant) and distillery (naphta). Problem is oil dont want to go into distillery or into brewery, it is in fluid pipe only. What is wrong here? Thanks

edit: oil goes well to fluid canner, and when i tried water, water goes well into brewery and distillery

• Multiple ideas: At the point where you are you should already know about it, but do not point the output side(square on side) towards the input.

Another idea: Do you have changed the mods in the modpack after creating the map? If you added/removed a mod that adds oil too, that might result in unwanted rehavior.

• Multiple ideas: At the point where you are you should already know about it, but do not point the output side(square on side) towards the input.

Another idea: Do you have changed the mods in the modpack after creating the map? If you added/removed a mod that adds oil too, that might result in unwanted rehavior.

Yep i know where input side is, i even tried input from bottom with no luck.

Maybe its because i added buildcraft after creating map, BC is useful for me only on very start.

Anyway I am processing GT oil from oilsands ore. Its weird that any fluid can go in except oil from oilsand.

Weird behaviour, any help is appreciated.

• I'm close to having a machine line for making circuits set up

gonna be real mad if it doesn't work like I think it will

I'm powering the batteries and machines, at least, so I just have to prep everything to run four times and see how it turns out

(power is delivered via 4x Advanced Steam Turbines)

• I'm starting to see some odd lag in my singleplayer world, and wondering if anybody else has run into it (and if so, what y'all did to resolve it). Every so often various inventories (Gregtech machines, chests, etc) will just...not open for several seconds. They do eventually open. Player inventory is unaffected, and I can walk around normally until things catch up (at which point i'm sometimes a long ways away from the thing i was trying to look at).

I don't know whether it's related or not, but it started happening about the same time I installed my (very modest) bank of solar panels on the roof. Everything else is more or less the same in my base.

Gregtech 5.09.29, only about 30 mods in the pack, and it's not maxing out CPU usage. RAM is hovering right around 4GB used, even after I tweaked the instance to allow up to 6.