Posts by bbqroast

Parallel: Higher output (assuming everything is charged) and (if wired correctly) equal charge spread across multiple MFSUs.
    Series: Less cabling/space ned, sequential chargeup.

But hey, TOWERS of MFSU stacked into each other just look THAT much more awesome then parallel ones :3

Dual towers? Quad towers? They look (THAT^2) more awesome than a single line. I think something like this would look cool:
    Note: point the MFSUs DOWN, not UP (otherwise they will feed energy in a loop, causing lag issues).

The MFSUs are arranged in four towers around a central glass fiber cable running up in the middle, the cable in the middle supplies them with power and ones hidden under the roof run to all your machines.

I did some research and it turns out their host is http://wiredtree.com (they apparently only sell managed vps/servers, i''m just going to ignore that fact)
    I only found traffic costs for VPS
    3TB per month are free, after that you pay 0.25$ per GB (125$ per 500GB) or you could pay 50$ for 500GB beforehand
    That means they probably don't make any money and are officially stupid.

Wow, I'm not sure what is worse. Profiting tons from other people's stuff. Or making tons of money from other people's stuff and throwing it down the drain?
    *conspiracy hat* what if kakermix owns WiredTree and is using this as an excuse*end silly theories*

We have tried to make one for her. We offered to pay for it, moderate it and everything. She declined.

Which is a shame, some awesome stuff can be made using RP2. Seems sad that it will just get lost in the oblivion...

I personally think the industrial-engineering forum should be closed, only used a portal to the sub forums within it- right now everyone just posts in the industrial forum which defeats the purpose of having neatly organized forums.

Just answering direct questions.

Check your sources, anytime after april?
    Kaker posted part of his communication with covert in mid april in response to a reported youtube comment by covert that he was considering attacking technic himself with hidden code. I would assume that the talks went well, 3 months is easily enough time for covert to do something about it and railcraft hasn't been replaced by some other rail expansion mod (despite constant calls for something called steve's carts).

He probably did the same as Forestry and stopped asking. If he weaponizes his code now people will accuse him of "never saying anything, just suddenly attacking". Most programmers could weaponize their code in less than a day, it's more the want to do it colliding with the need of your update (ie, a Minecraft update- if he released an update that just weaponized his code then Technic simply wouldn't use it).

Sounds add lag, don't they?

I believe that is some sort of bug with IC2 or the sound system it uses, but yes at the current stage. However it is probably the same for the current Nuke sound and a new sound. It only seems to be a big issue when things are flickering on and off.

I personally feel water mills are a far bigger problem than solar panels. Trust me, everyone just builds giant systems for making power from water using RP2/BC2. Lagggy.
    Anyway solar pollution would be pretty silly, just seems like a half hearted fix to a problem...
    Perhaps air pollution should spread? So if one chunk has lots of air pollution it will slowly spread into other chunks around it.

Ahh yeah, I forgot about those limitations. If IC2 adds a new painting is it possible to use higher res sprites? It would be great, especially because new/Technic users wouldn't understand what it was.

Sengir never asked that forestry be removed. His first bit of dialog with kaker and the lot came after he inserted malicious code into his mod.
    And guess what? Not in the pack anymore because surprise surprise, when he actually talked with the technic team they removed it.

Might be funny for you, but frankly sengir showed he cannot be trusted not to put malicious code in his mods that attack people he doesn't like. People who don't think like troll memes can see why that's a very bad thing to do.

I'm going to steal your TV. But you never asked me not to so it's perfectly fine!
    Sengir new the bug would be picked up quickly by the people making Technic/Tekkit. And where did you get this information about him not talking to Technic/Tekkit at all? I only heard it on the Technic/Tekkit forums.

So you save it on your Desktop, an USB-Stick, an external Harddrive or an external Potatoe?

Nah, I have no pirated material I know of, but my brother backs up to my server so there may be something on there (but it is encrypted anyway).

Out of interest, has CovertJaguar given his permission yet? Last I saw he was actively asking for it to be removed. The Technic/Tekkit author told him something along the lines of "you are scum and the community would be a million times better without you".

neowulf pm'ed me and said he is willing to drop all this and get along if you are. I highly recommend you drop the subject and walk away cause he isn't going to say out of this if you continue to say things that he's considers grossly inaccurate. simply put as long as you don't attack he won't defend and we can all go back to being distant internet acquaintances/friends. I'm sure you raise valid points but really I don't care your effectively preaching to the choir here (with the exception of neowulf) so all the well constructed arguments won't change anything. Technic still exists, alblaka probably won't sue Technic, or weaponize his code, and the Technic users won't suddenly become enlightened and abandon it in droves. Really what do you hope to accomplish from all this? (no one answer that I don't want to give any reason to perpetuate this flame war)

We were discussing things, namely how much money Technic gets off their site. If you don't want is to discuss that, then screw you. We're going to discuss it anyway. I have never heard of or talked to Neowulf before, also we're not in an argument with you. We're trying to discuss figures.

According to bbq's own rates and that little "hits total:" count below, Alblaka should be sitting pretty on over $20-40k by now from this forum alone.
    Or maybe, just maybe, ads aren't as lucrative as you guys seem to think.

Has it occurred to you that (unlike the Technic forums) this forum does not have ads? Alblaka said he might add them (with overwhelming support from the users of this forum), and those were the figures he quoted. I imagine it is no where near as much (those probably assume your going to make the website as spammy as mediafire), however I still feel Technic would generate more than enough cash to handle the bandwidth.

I did form my own opinion. It is more a matter of right and wrong than law. The legal system is hardly a good role model, if you've got the money anything is legal/illegal. SirSengir did ask for his mod to be removed, you insult us of not forming are own opinions and then read facts of Technic's site like they are commandments?
    The fact is, this rumor that Sengir just brooded until he attacked came from one source, and one source alone: the Technic website. Second of all, all the other modders did not go with Technic, there are still mod authors actively requesting to have their mods removed.
    I'm not repeating the opinion of someone else, this is my own opinion. Using someone's intellectual property = stealing. Stealing = wrong. I don't care what the courts say, that is my opinion. And that is why I have absolutely no pirated material on my laptop (even thou I rarely have the means to purchase content).

Putting up a few Ads on a website of theirs isn't that much of an issue to me...
    As long as they don't start forcing people to watch/click ads / answer surveys / hit AdFly or similar stuff before downloading, it's fine, at least to me.
    I should probably consider asking them for a few %, though.

PS: On a second thought, Technic is one of IC's main sources of publicity (and indirectly, income)...

I guess so, but for every Technicor who likes IC2 there will be one who goes "what's IC2?" having never looked behind the shiny art of the launcher. I'm mainly thinking of people who haven't consented to allow them to use there mods.

Half a terabyte a day? Look above you, one guy here get's that much for 50 pence. Slightly more than half a advert click a day.
    Besides are you suggesting they get 50k+ downloads a day? In which case they must get a shit-ton of advertisment income.
    Also, I'm talking about the ads on the website, not the forums (I can confirm they are run on different pieces of software) besides with the money they get from the ads they could easily afford the full version.

Oh yes, completely agree.
    So why are you guys raging against technic? All grievances have been settled and the mod authors have voiced their approval of technic hosting their mods.
    Or are you just putting that up for show and damn the modders, you want something to rally against?

Seriously? You think Technic has permission for all the mods they use? Some people's IQ just concerns me.

Ya know what? I'm sorry everyone. I'm truly sorry. I let myself get sucked into an argument with a someone who will twist and ignore reality to support their beliefs.
    I should have done some research into Magus and bbq's posting histories before I continued.
    I know, huge failure on my part considering I rag on newbies on the technic forums for not bothering to do a preliminary search of their problem before posting about it in a wrong section.
    I hate letting misinformation go unanswered, but I also know better than to feed trolls. Again, sorry.

Wow, I must say that was interesting. I've never been personally attacked before. Nope. 550+ posts on MCF, 100+ here, on 550+ CodeCall. Never been personally attacked. I'm not a troll. Please explain when I have been a troll in this thread? One of the things troll's do is personally attack people with no evidence to try and provoke them. IE you. How have I twisted or ignored reality? The reality is lots of mod authors who do not want their mods in technic/tekkit have had them stolen and put in the pack anyway. And I personally believe that, on a fundamental level, is wrong.

What misinformation have I released? Please, feel free to correct me. So far you have failed to give me any information.

you had a bad conversation with technic user that won't give mod authors the respect they deserve we get it, but that's no reason to go off on a bash crusade all its going to do is stir up bad feelings and start meaningless arguments over a product whos day are numbered anyway(see mod api).

taking down technic is like trying to take down other highly polarized issues ranting and flaming is useless all it does is get the names in peoples heads for them to look up the other sides perspective later. if you really want to take down technic then here is what you need to do.
    ignore it, pretend it doesn't exist if you never mention it then fewer people hear about it. when talking to technic users the furthest you should go is to refuse to refer to what they are playing as technic, be polite, and show them cool things technic can't do, and remember no one is going to desert technic if you go and accuse them or anyone they look up to of being a criminal. and keep all that up till the mod api comes out if technic insists on existing after that they will likely get sued off the face of the planet. by mod authors that feel they have the authority to do so since their mods are officially recognized by mojang.

That is called being ignorant. And it is probably one of the biggest issues right now on the face of this planet. I do not wish to become (or act like) a ignorant person.

I personally wouldn't mind if all the Technic users used our forums. Sure there are plenty of idiots, but then again we have them on this forum as well. Plenty of Technic/Tekkit users create some awesome stuff. Why browse an advert covered web page when you could just come to our friendly forums!
    Also please use proper grammar. Lets make the internet a better place, one capital letter at a time.

no matter how many mods can do this, it's skill black magic, also link to moving teleporter stored inside remote teleporter, to allow both platform to moove freely some code modifications are requred.

We are talking about a computer program here? Your saying your going to have to modify the code to change the way it works?

This would be a good addition to IC2. Perhaps have each teleporter get assigned an ID (like maps) stored in the damage value (or meta data I guess) that allows them to be addressed by an ID instead of a co-ordinate. So when you step on a teleportation table thingy it does a lookup on the ID of it's "partner" teleporter and gets the co-ordinates. Might still work weirdly if the frame was moving when you teleport.