Posts by bbqroast

That is great news so I can supply a stream of lava cells to the generator and not worrying that it'll be wasting any cells? Just wondering since 1 cell gives... 20k EU or something like that, if you have a machine that only uses 5 EU for a couple of seconds I wouldn't want the generator to burn another cell of lava just to cover that little EU use :)

No, they have a big internal storage and only consume a cell when they have enough room for it.

Thank's for the reply. :)
    I need this defense system inside my base because creepers are spawning even in bright areas.
    And the problem with cacti is that they can hurt me too, they are ugly and inconvenient to put inside the base, and mobs can easily path find around them.

And I'm not in a hurry to kill the mobs (I want them to suffer slowly and painfully :evil:), I just don't want to be surprised by creepers when I think I am safe.

I guess I'll use the copper cable + bat box solution.

I believe they only light mobs who stand in there block on fire, so creepers will be unaffected (its like sunlight). I nice solution is to have HV cabling running underground and to feed EV through it (HV cables can handle EV), even if you only send a packet every 4 ticks (MFSU-->HV Transformer) its still pretty powerful (kills mobs in ~1 second), if you loop it the energy cost isn't to high (with 1 burst every 4 ticks its 0.25EU/tick per cable). Even when submerged under a block it still does a lot of damage to people/mobs walking above it.

How about we forget about legal things? No modder is going to take a legal stand (they don't have the resources (or just don't want to waste them) nor the time/trouble it could cause). And no one is going to suddenly ditch Tekkit/Technic because it's illegal (those who would probably already have). Also the modding community does not exist of a single country, where I live just by downloading Technic you probably risk having your internet suspended (if the modder asks, which I doubt he/she would).

Its more of a moral standpoint. I'm a nice old lady giving you a free apple, in fact I'm going to give you as many apples as you want (I might make you spend 5 seconds of your time looking at something to earn me some income). My only request is that you don't give it to other people (you're free to send them to me, or to share it with your friends in private thou). Then another guy comes along, he starts taking all our apples (somehow bypassing the 5 second wait that earns me income) he then puts it with a lot of other apples (whoever said they had been forced to be compatible is wrong, its pretty easy to get them to play nicely) and giving them to other people. Without even asking, when some people request the removal of their apples from this "pack" they are refused. In the end one person has to put a chemical in their apple that makes it rot when put in the pack (the analogy breaks here, a rotting apple is far more harmful than what Sengir did) before the authors of the pack get their act together.

The users of this pack then come and flood the houses (which are deprived of users by said pack) of the original author asking for help with issues caused by said pack and insulting the few that remain thankful of the growers work.

Also Tekkit/Technic are hardly good packs. They don't launch properly which causes crashing, bugs and other issues. My friend downloaded it, and told me. I decided to just join him and play for a while. We crashed, glitched and things went haywire due to may issues in the pack (many of witch are very basic, beginner errors like launching under the wrong environment). We have since ditched Technic/Tekkit and are now happily playing on my own server (with the occasional bug, which I can quickly fix via configs or patches I can find online).

Have you heard of the term stupidity? I use it to describe situations where someone attaches a highly volatile, very dangerous nuclear reactor to a flying vessel. Screw nukes, this is how I'm going to be killing people on SMP.

But seriously, this is awesome. Great job! Its not to long before someone builds a functional flying frame base (as in, they build it legitimately and actually use it as their primary base).

*start transmission*
    Mayday, Mayday, Mayday
    This ROA-A-332, Mayday
    At 0754 hours UTC all ROA-B- satellites reported remote access, we began attempts to regain control.
    At 0800 hours UTC all ROA-B- type satellites began a full retro burn, we were unable to regain control.
    At 0802 hours UTC ROA-B-018's periapsis dropped below the atmosphere of Earth, others followed.
    By 0830 hours UTC ROA-B-018 dropped into the pacific ocean.
    By 0835 hours UTC ROA-B-248, our last satellite, incinerated in the upper atmosphere.
    We have lost all guidance and long range navigational systems. Without guidance we have been unable to intercept asteroids to replenish our Uranium and water supplies. Without water to make Oxygen we expect to run out by the end of the week. Our Uranium supplies will last a few years. We need immediate assistance in gathering water.
    Mayday, Mayday, Mayday
    *end transmission*

I just read it, far better than most of the stories you end up spending $15 on :). A couple of minor spelling/grammar issues. Which were fine, I just had to find a way to shut off MS Word's spell checking code (reading text underlined in a multitude of colors is no fun).

I could honestly see this story being sold, maybe in a collection of short stories (like Garth Nix's Across the Wall).

That is helpful, but I wanted a little other thing. I want to run reactor for very precise amount of time - two seconds, for example. So, i need to regulate my restone wiring. And for that i need to measure how many tics redstone was on.

You want to run the wiring into a NOT gate (assuming RP2 installed) and then the NOT gate into a timer, the timer is set to however long you want to wait for (after the signal comes on). It will flicker after that amount of time has passed.

My thoughts on the new features:
    Cocoa Growing - Cool, I'd love to play with these.
    Trading - I will be disabling this on my server ASAP. Minecraft is one of those games that is clearly designed to not have NPC trading. However I'm hoping Bukkit plugins will be capable of utilizing the GUI/client coding for better player 2 player trading.

I prefer the simplicity of having one power source for everything. Mobile platforms such as my quarry normally run off their own individual sources (solar -> electric engine(s) -> quarry) as its a pain to run long wires everywhere. I've never had issues with redundancy, it just doesn't happen. A watchful eye seems to me atleast to be perfectly capable of keeping creepers clear of my energy production areas. I normally build a nice big wall anyway.

Get Railcraft. It already has one. Also, look here:

http://integratedredstone.wikispaces.com/Builds+using+Frames

Use creative mode, it gives you infinite stuff so there is no reason to make anything.

The frames must touch both the block breakers and the tubes. As the tubes cannot be embedded in frames you must build a head which consists half of block breakers and half of frames., so you need a drill head that moves up and down so the block breakers can reach everything.

324 EU/t from one of this 4 mega plants :) regular solar panels.. = 1296 EU/t together.. insane amout I dont know now what with energy so I have to make more fabricators. But the point is, one tin cable can handle that.. 1 1 1 1 1 1 1... 324 this 1 EU/t packets at once flow into MFSU but it is okey.. 1 EU/t in real it is nonsense that is too much power but here it is OK here is important only size of packet :)

Oh the lag, every cable junction causes more lag, which is why normal solar plants minimize them.
    This is the most popular design:
    It uses a tin cable surrounded by solar panels, it can be extended run 39 blocks outwards and is maximum possible efficiency (in this picture I have two rows running parallel to each other):
    ]
    An MFSU has been put on the end of one to collect energy (the other is left open so you can see the tin cables inside). Kane Hart had a similar setup with the tin cables merging at the end (they cannot be longer than 39 blocks thou!) running 250+EU/t through tin cables.

Solar flowers were IC1 stuff, IC2 outdated them. This is probably the best design, in terms of maximum coverage, minimum junction and loads of panels.