Posts by mementh

any blocks setup before the forcefield went up stay there unless you have the cutter and they allow things to flow through them

it does not block buildcraft or electric wires... however how it does this is to ignore that block.. which is still a window into the area ....

but i still can't figure a way to have it allow a person it but not others or require a key to get into !

I did find a flaw.. the mining laser .. when set to explosive allows the explosion into the forcefield area and it will knock redstone off if the emiter is close by!

I found out that the fields will not protect a player.. so nukes will still kill when they are within 1-2 blocks of the field!

I am curious on a few things

1. why not have the emitters directly powered and turned on by redstone?

2. why have it remote.. it does not feel right to have all this "wireless" since you still have to give a redstone signal to turn it on.... ( remote control would be awesome for this if it was kept wireless)

It's a rare but annoying bug, superheated steam should never be able to get into the output tank. You can fix it just by pumping it out and putting it into another turbine (or loop it back into itself), but it could potentially take the steam out when it's working fine too, unless you have a mod capable of filtering liquids. The other option is to output the contents of the second turbine into a condenser as well as the steam generator, then any steam from superheated steam going in will be turned into distilled water, but you wouldn't be getting power out of it. You could grt around that by having a 3rd turbine or looping it back into the second, as I'm pretty sure turbines don't accept distilled water as an input.

It is rare though, at least from what I've found, so unless it's happening every time you reload the world (which it really shouldn't), you shouldn't stress to much about it.

when i was playing around with it i made sure i used a water ejector.. it moves all the water DOWN in mmy video to the fluid thing i used which work pretty good for that :)

you might want to use

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    this person video for help with a better pipe mod.. ( when i re-do it/do it live i will be using this video's info about pressure pipes)

how would i set a force field to allow a specific player to pass through the force field but not others?

this way i can setup so that it protects me and i can just run through it?

or would it be best to use galacticrafts airlocks?
    ( if its mentioned before i have not had a chance to read through it)

edit i don't want the "door" you have because i want it to be faster/more sudden

edit 2: i found out that galacticafts glass fibre block allows EU to flow through it with the field on.. i have not tested buildcraft or anything.. but it would be nice to have some way of getting things into the field without turning it off!

Ejector upgrade in eject-first-valid-site mode has priorities already
    certain faces wil output items before others
    I´m not sure but I tink the order is east-west-up-down-north-south

i am refering to the electric sorter that uses power, it can get clogged easily if a desination is full and has no overflow option since its a programed gate.

i personally feel that the enet system needs to be completed.. set a final option and understand its not the best.. but a date should be set to make it function and have some options

either make it fully realistic like UE where people can learn and understand and can use real world examples that transformers and such would be used in it... or make it simple and that transformers prevent loss over a distance goes up/down the EU/t and cables melt if you put too much through!

this way others can focus on finishing up/making IC2 stable and work on new things for IC3

i would love to see a option for overflow for the item sorter

I
    am trying to make a fermenter power system and looking at it now, I can
    make more sugarcane then i can use with a 9x9 plot.. I want to shunt
    excess sugarcane to a recycler to make scrap..

I know i can do a
    complicated redstore sorter.. but it would be nice/lovely to have the
    IC2 item sorter have a "priority" for where to send and if that place is
    full it has a backup direction to send to.

is there something i am missing?

the charging battery also seems to recharge thigns slower then a batpack at times.. where i could use the wrench many times in a row it would recharge instantly if it needed to the charger is slower buy alot at times...

And i understand this has to be in the inventory the charger does not need to be on the hotbar?

manged to do that but there are explosions in the turbines

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

small video on how to setup the reactor.. still is relivant but i plan to do a new one once i get a new mod in and understand how it works

after finding out about forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?form=PostAdd&threadID=11510 pressure pipes i would say what i would love to see is a force field/door system!

it would only use power when someone passes through or it pushes them back!

it can be a "wall" or sphere! ( so a base one and a door type)

it would use EU/t slowly to maintain and protect against blasting! but only use alot when rejecting.. it would idealy push people back!

How about you have to store uumatter in a fridge or it will de-materialize itself again after a few ticks? That wouldn't make uumatter any more annoying to get/use than it is now...

yes it would.. honestly make things just silly stupid.. maybe a way to increase UU matter effeciancy? nah ..

Self imposing requires you to know if a design would explode or not. When placing 2 different voltage lines, if they touch all machines on the lower voltage line will explode. Self imposed explosions wouldn't have anything happen, defeating the point as you'd not TNT all your machines because of one misclick intentionally.

I am personally wireing up my place to use the right eu/t levels .. it adds some realism and logic for me :)

everything uses fluid now there..

what you should do is make a scanner and replicator to make the items now!