Posts by _Tim_

I don't listen to any music when I game, the first thing I do when I start a game for the first time -> turn off music. I find it distracting and removes immersion.

Much prefer to hear the racket a macerator makes, the crackle, geiger counter sounds as my reactors hum, and of courssss-ssssss ...

In case 2 reactors have exactly the same specs i will look at what design is easier to remember (for instance symetrical designs are easier to remember).

Not sure if memory is a good one to judge from, as everyone rembers stuff differently (as already mentioned), and how often to you setup the internals of your reactor?

I think cost/amount of materials might be something to go on.

Though not sure if you want to compare/rate all the designs, because it really depends on the user and their intended application of the reactor at the end of the day.

I believe scrap boxes are now weighted to produce more useless items than valuables, as a result, plenty of wooden hoes. I discovered this last night, resulting in the dismanteling of my scrapbox machines, all to the mass fabricator now.

The electric hoe, is for the agriculture project that is being worked on.

I've seen people use redstone going over wool close to the reactor, if the reactor gets hot, it burns the wool, tripping the signal, and sends redstone to the reactor, shutting it down.

I've just updated to 1.337, wanted to make some uranium ingots .. Placed some uranium ore in the compressor and nothing. I rechecked all my wiring, and again and again. Still nothing.

Restarted Minecraft, no go. Started a new world, still nothing.

I placed a coal chunk in the compressor and that worked. Uranium ore however, just sits there.

The changelog doesn't state anything changing for uranium ore (only the new iridium ore).

Anyone else experiencing, or can shed light on this?

If you try to make 6 Generators, the copper and rubber stays at 3 and 6, so it knows that there are left overs and puts them to use there. But for one, it is indeed not the most resource efficient method, it will be a little tricky to implement a switch to change the recipe depending on what's been selected, however as the calculator is meant for bulk/mass calculation of items, I'll leave it how it is. :)

Your calculator got the cost of a basic generator wrong; it forgot the insulated copper wire for the top of the battery.

That should double the copper dust and add one more rubber (you can coat 7 out of 12 wires and have it work out)

Not from what I see, my calculator requests 3 copper dust and 6 rubber, enough for 6 insulated copper cables (enough for 6 generators from that 'batch' of materials).

Where are you expecting the 6 copper to go? As the recipe requests just 1 battery, which is the only use for the copper in that recipe.