Posts by CraftyFellow

Word is high resistance stat on plants also boosts their chance of supplying multiple seed bags per left click. It's this true? That might also be very helpful for filling a fiel.

Another question about resistance. Does it inhibit a crop's ability to:

A. Create a hybrid plant with any neighboring crop (including it's own species)
    B. Decrease it's ability to make a hybrid of another species with a neighboring plant of another species
    C. Decrease it's ability to get mutation into new crops of a different species

Another important question: I've heard some people say that weedex merely limits a crop from ever evolving to a level above 10. I've heard others talk about it degrading stats over time.

Which is it? Or both? If it's just the first one:

Would it be possible to breed a super crop, and then when it comes time to place it and greatly multiply in the field, go ahead and weed ex a huge number of blank double crop sticks, knowing that the only price you would pay is that they couldn't evolve any higher than your original super crop?

I'm actually intending to breed my plants to have very low resistance. That way it will be very easy to cross breed this sugar into other plants, giving them high stats. I don't think it will be so hard to create a scenario where these low resistance plants are never trampled, and are never next to empty crop sticks which could become weeds. Or at the very least, I'll just upgraded resistance last. So that I always keep around a high stat and eager to crossbreed version of the sugar.

Seed bags with specific stats would be a REALLY excellent thing to be able to scan and replicate. Though as I understand it the usual system of determining what is scannable would not support that, because they are not naturally occuring and there isn't exactly a recipe for them.

if i recall correctly(amd it hasn't been changed), plants with a growth over 23 are immune to weeds, but start spreading them

I read on a tekkit wikia: "At growth level 24-31, the plant will begin behaving like weeds, spreading to nearby Crops, even if the Crop is not empty. A recommended cap for this Stat is 21, to prevent plants with 24 or higher Growth from growing."

Now that's a few different ideas here. I'm more than happy to breed a super plant that will spread like wild fire through a field I set up for it. If it's immune to weeds better still.

However if it is some sort of generator of weeds, that's real bad.

Haven't seen it, but I believe it. With proper diversity each item yields 160mb. That's nuts. Plus those biogenerators get a good bit of energy out of biofuel compared to most options.

And now that I'm learning a little bit about crop breeding, and that I can breed a crop with super stats and then cross breed the stats into other species with a little luck and patience...it all sounds a bit more tempting.

Advanced Generators has a multi block that can put out 5000 RF, that's pretty cool, but it uses biofuel about half as efficiently as the MFR Biogenerator.

By the way can anyone confirm or deny whether the MFR fertilizer machine and the crop-matron work together successfully? I've got two running right now on a small patch of reeds I'm cross breeding. You can see the MFR fertilizer causing it's bonemeal like sparkle on the crops, don't know whether it's stealing the opportunity from the crop-matron

Cool, thanks Spawn. Some how that seems more exciting to me.
    I guess a whole bunch of forestry fermenters may be the way to go.
    Though I am preferring lately to move towards a few really powerful units instead of many smaller ones. That's what had me intersted in Railcraft's boilers, but when I run some trials in this little calculator for it

http://calculator.towerofaweso…rP=0&cP=0&B1=&B2=16&rP=1#

Maybe I really don't understand how you're supposed to use boilers, and they CAN put out impressive amounts of power or steam.
    Also increases my interest in this Advanced Generators mod. Still while it looks like it provides great options for USING biofuel/ethanol (or charcoal, but not sugar charcoal) it doesn't provide a great way to PRODUCE ethanol.

At the end of the day, if you want power from plants, it seems fermentation (in forestry fermenters) is among your better options, largely because of how good a combination biomass and powdered sugar are in a reactant dynamo. Unless you wanna set up a 5x5 nuclear reactor, and a bunch of IC2 fermenters, but a small sugar patch can produce much more biochaff than one of those needs. We're not really using crops to potential there.
    However, if you're willing to make a ton of IC2 Generators, sugar charcoal does burn in them, should be 1000 EU per piece of sugar charcoal. An augmented Reactant Dynamo, can only give 2960RF (740 EU) with that same piece of sugar. A few good IC2 Induction furnaces could pump the sugar charcoal out cheap.
    Won't have to mine apatite for the fermenters either....I think I might just make a zillion IC2 solid fuel generators. I'd settle for the nearly as efficient reactant dynamo, but supplying it's liquid half seems like a hassle. Unless I find a way to use IC2 Biomass for it.
    .........Would having a few hundred IC2 generators with clay piping receiving bunch of sugar charcoal be a lag source? Seems like it could.

It seems very popular to make tree farms, using various parts for biofuel and various for burning in solid heat boxes (railcraft).

I'm wondering if it's possible to out perform that with crops.

Supposing we

1. Breed good crops
    2. Cover them with a crop-matron that's full of fertilizer and has water pumped to it
    3. Additionally have an MFR fertilizer covering them (can use their fertilizer or IC2 actually)
    Other ideas? Let's rule out blood magic for now.

There's a number of ways we could best put the stuff to use for actual energy production.

Maybe turn sugar into sugar charcoal (MFR) for running in boilers(Railcraft). Maybe make biomass....that one's tricky, because IC2 biomass is convenient to make, but less convenient to use. Whereas biomass is less convenient to make in Forestry, but can very handily be dumped into Reactant Dynamos (unfortunately IC2 Biomass cannot) , along with powdered sugar (thermal expansion). Generally I think it would be great if IC2 Biomass was usable with other mods' biomass, but maybe there's a good reason this ain't so. Worth mentioning I also couldn't get Railcraft Steam to work in an IC2 Kinetic Steam Generator.

Or maybe go with a variety of crops, and funnel them all into an MFR Bioreactor.

I suppose there are also options from Advanced Generators to consider, which I know very little about (including whether it's popular), and options I wouldn't know much about from GregTech.

Edit: Formatting

This small scan did run to completion and I can now interact with the world again without needing a reset.

Two questions:

1. This "dump" put many things in the text field that becomes available when I press /

However nothing above the W's is accessible, can't scroll that high. Can I dump this all to a text file instead?

1. Does it matter what dimension I'm in? If I'd been on the moon would meteoric iron now be available for scanning? That'd be sweet.

Two purposes, the first is I wanted to dig straight down to bed rock, as well as digging a few horizontal veins.

Set a floodgate at the top, let that biogas circulatory system fill up a designated region...bam, strip mining, maybe have a swarm of buildcraft Picker robots ready to deal with what's recoverable.

Also, what's much cooler than nuking a village is dumping a huge amount of biogas on a village and then igniting it :D

I guess I could do all that with fuel, so no worries. I'll just have to finally make that Mars fuel factory I keep threatening to make.

Cool stuff Requia

As far as i know, the fluid ejectior(the item one, too) can be shift-right-clicked on the side of a block to make them output to that direction(aka you shift-right-click the top of a block and it will output to the top only(or the bottom, not quite sure there)).

Wow, I'd have liked to have known that. Guess those pumps on my design were never necessary. Oh well, they look "ugly" but it's a tribute to how I was just getting started and slapping improvised machinery together, I don't think I'll be changing it or adding those auto pumping buildcraft gates. Future ones I would :)

If you have extra mods, the world should be analyzed by executing "/ic2 uu-world-scan medium", ideally on a dummy world to avoid potential corruption bugs, which I'm not aware of any though. This will add a config section with all the drops it can find.

It seems like this task never finishes, I gave it about an hour and a half. Meanwhile I cannot interact with my world much while it does it.

I'm sure you're right, but I think the idea is that conceptually and in terms of an engineering challenge, coordinating automated loading and unloading, and flights and fuelings is much cooler than "goes in this block, comes out some other block wherever you'd like"

I personally enjoy the idea of rockets flying around but the chunkloading is really hard on cpu usage....

I don't believe they travel horizontally, even when within the overworld, they go up up up in the same chunk, dissapear, than descend down into another spot, but maybe you were aware of this when you said what you said about chunk loading.