Posts by CraftyFellow

Thank you, and it's still a little unclear to me whether some of the things from other mods I cannot scan because

A. I added those mods to my world after IC2ex (aluminum ore)

B. IC2ex does not understand the crafting paths of these objects (eg blood in a blood altar being added to stone to make ingredients in blood magic, or metal going into galactic craft compressor to make compressed metals.)

C. Any crafted object must be predefined to the scanner, and this rarity equation is just for prices

Or...such.

I doubt you'll have any trouble. My sugar is nothing special (it may even carry the sin of weed ex in it's blood line) and neither the macerator nor the enricher are overclocked. I'm not sure how big a deal that hydration running to the crop-matron is, or the fertilizer coming in, but maybe don't skip those.

As is I had to build a Thermal Expansion Cache to hold all the biochaff spill over, and my poor little Picker robot is wearing himself out picking up fertilizer that overflows from the crop-matron.

So what are you gonna do with that Fuel factory on mars? Gonna ship all the fuel back to earth? Or process put it into dynamos there, and load it onto flux capacitors to ship home? Or....just make your industrial complex on mars and use everything there?

Well that and a phytogenic isolator set to feed itself back gave me all the wheat seeds I'll need for a galacticraft terraforming machine on mars (and then some). Also I'm not crazy about blast furnaces. Using pulverized charcoal to get my refined iron in an induction smelter is nice.

Those chance payouts on Thermal Expansion machines can be kinda fun. I still run most of my ore through the three stage IC set up i made (it auto compresses all tiny powders, and compressedable nuclear material, it then sends all cookable things to an induction furnaces, and then compresses the metal ones into blocks before sending them up :) )

I wish that I could put Thermal Expansion "slag" into an IC2 Thermal Centrifuge like IC2 "slag"

That's be a lot of easy coal dust and gold dust :) lol.

By the way, I find that in the replicator, buy IC2 Slag and Thermal Centrifuging it, is far more economical than ever buying coal or coal dust.

I suppose you could ban them, and insist that people use rockets for long distance deliveries within the overworld, if they're allowed to use chicken chunks as well, you could just insist that whatever extraction they're doing in the nether that it be made to be set up for occasional pickups by a human. Between Thermal Dynamics Satchels and Forestry Backpacks persons could set up operations that accrue a great deal of stuff all to be picked up at once.

To be honest, I think that once people started setting up they're automatic same planet rocket mechanisms auto loading and unloading and restone logic to their launches etc, they'd have way more fun with them than the magical star box.

I bet that would be really cool on a server. I haven't played on a server yet, I'm also very curious about two things:

Forestry's mail, trade station and catalog system, and IC's IC CREDIT system. Do these economies really work out? That would be awesome if they do.

I feel the same way, but because I want to make the Enderum versions of the Thermal Expansion machines. I like sawdust :)

By the way, I don't expect it, but let's not rule out the possibility that you're ~30% stronger component setup will overwhelm biomass production. Maybe you'll need more sugar, or some decent overclocking on the macerator or solid fluid canning, or you may even need more than 18 fermenters....doubtful for all, but keep an eye on this thing at first.

Certainly you'll need more semifluid generators. And I haven't really put that little redstone fail-safe of mine to the test yet. it works in theory lol.

I suppose a smarter fail safe would be:

Have an emerald pipe that is always trying to extract from the reactor Cells of HOT coolant.

Now if things are running right, none of those should ever get produced, but if this pipe sucks one out, and spits it into it's neighboring chest, a compatator will send a redstone signal killing the torch that was activating your whole reactor. That should be a better safety feature.

By the way do you do all yours on a server? FRIIIIIEEEEND (creepy smile)

If you're willing to gather up some nether rack you can make a nice little generator out of a magma crucible and an efficiency augmented magmatic dynamo.

I've got a bunch of blank buildcraft robots lying around....I think I'm going to make a bunch of gear for them and have the harvest the nether for me :). Then again, If I haven't sucked all the lava out of that lake yet I may just be getting overly creative.

Yep. By the way these automated cargo rockets are really cool. And you can set up monitors that track them on a big screen display. Frankly there's some cool stuff in galacticraft. Also from some advanced materials on mars, you can produce these massive flood lights, that light up a big area and even actively intimidate some mods. Pretty cool.

I think I may even use automatic cargo rockets to transport things within the same planet....Not sure I"m ever gonna let myself use Tesseracts. Seems a bit much to me. Dunno.

Yes, that was a problem, I ought to have mentioned it, apologies. Don't use fluid ejector. Even when using iron fluid pipes it was hard to get them to act right. Observe.

As you can see, golden fluid pipes (because I'm slick like that) are feeding biomass in the sides of each fermenter, while pumps are removing gas up the front
    The "empty" one in the back is an item transport pipe, pumping from the bottom hopper (all fermenters have auto ITEM ejectors to a nextdoor hopper for their accumulating fertilizer, you will have more than the upstairs crop-matron can use eventually. Same for biochaff upstairs.

Honestly if I had it to do over again I'd have seperated the fermentation area from the hot coolant extraction area, opening up the possibility to more easily coordinate making multiple reactors, expanding gas production zones, and hot coolant production zones seperately.

Yep, it's pretty cool I've got a small scale version of it set up, but not fully automated yet.

By the way if you're running Thermal Expansion too you can get pretty abusive with power production tricks this way.

Key points:

It takes about 130,000 EU to make methanefrom hydrogen (electrolyzed from water) and carbon dioxide, then turn that methane into fuel.

A properly upgraded compression dynamo can turn 1 bucket of fuel into 2,625,000 RF

So 1 EU into 20.2 RF

THEN if you wanna be an exploiter, you can turn a profit on the conversion back into EU.

You attach 5 Thermal Expansion's Autonomous Activator's (run by our compression dynamo) to a IC Manual Kinetic Generator. Each will click it once per second costing 20 rf each and yielding 50 EU. So that's

2 RF into 5 EU
    So at that point we're turning 1 EU into 50.5 EU
    Of course we'd be doing so at a mere rate of 25 EU/T no point in being an exploiter if you're gonna go slow.

You could instead Use the compression dynamo's RF to Melt lava in a Magma Crucible, that feeds thermal Generators.

That would produce 218,750 if we're just using an infinite supply of cobblestone from an igneous extruder
    1 EU to 1.68 EU

Or 1 EU to 5.04 EU if you're gonna supply the Magma Crucible with NetherRack

I'm not really down with any of that, just thought the possibility was worth pointing out. I stick to the "make mars fuel power my RF machines on earth, automate later for great justice". That suits me fine :)

Very interesting, what about objects that don't exist until a mob drops them? For example an ender pearl costs a little over one bucket in my world

Also can timing of scanning matter :

A. perhaps something is more abundant in the world at a given moment than another

B. What if mods are installed after the creation of your world and your replicator, like in my world (forestry, thermal expansion, galactic craft)

There is a short list on the Wiki, but I can't seem to find anything more thorough. Sometimes it's very surprising what we can scan and what we can't scan. Especially when it's stuff from other mods, surprised I could scan a buildcraft diamond pipe for example.

I suppose getting NEI to tell us replicator "recipes" is a possibility too? Or a list would be solid, either way.