Posts by CiderCraft

Works for me, it's got to the point where most of the time I'll completely ignore gold when out mining since the only time I want it is when I want to make rails. Anything that would give gold a sensible use is a winner for me, and this sounds pretty sane.

I want something that accepts red (or even eu, I don't care now) in one end. If it stops seeing red, it emits red out another side and doesn't stop until manually reset.

Think I understand now, and if so then the solution is already in vanilla. Check youtube for "NOT gate", redstone clock or redstone inverter videos.

Basically if you put a torch on a block, and that block recieves a signal from another redstone source, the first torch will go out. Remove the redstone input, and the first torch (assuming it survived whatever removed the input) comes back on.

Could possibly be used as an alternative to glowstone dust in recipes, another way to avoid going to the nether for it (but would weaken one of the few uses for gold). Or maybe use as an alternative to lapis for high-energy storage stuff.

care would need to be taken to avoid players dropping "their" spawn point or whatever in the middle of your base.

The only thing this should do is allow you to change the location that the compass points to (or whatever industrial replacement we end up with).

How it does this is where the fun lies. Whether it's a simple hotkey to reset your compass to target the block you're standing on, some crazy advanced item (GUI, list of saved targets, name and delete options, charge level and on/off switch), or anywhere inbetween, it still has only one job.

Point the way home.

Cool idea, but how would this work with SMP? (Just asking)

Haven't a clue, but good point. Never been on multiplayer yet. Blindly assuming that each player's "original spawn point" might be independent of other players' depending on the exact block they spawn on.

See also: Locator beacon
    Was thinking of what else would be interesting to add, and remembered compasses always point to your original spawn. Quick search here and only the linked thread directly related to the idea.

General idea is to right-click with a compass (or an "advanced" version) to reset the target to either the block you're on, or the block pointed to (new base far from spawn, distant resource area).

A more advanced compass could possibly have a GUI with a list of "learned" destinations, one of which could be selected as the "active" target (possibly checking if homing target is active/exists/has power/is redstoned/whatever).

Brethern beat me to the idea, I'm just bringing it to suggestion forum and fleshing it out a bit.

boat breaking is no issue at all, you too bored to craft few boats but crafting and placing 100 solars is fine for you...

IC2 already provide godmode in lategame, why you want to make game ever more easy?

Please point out when I have ever claimed "placing 100 solars is fine".

When you've done that, please explain how a (reasonably expensive, 40 coal vs 2 logs) alternative to the ridiculously fragile vanilla boats makes "game ever more easy"?

Addon link

Basically a boat made of carbon fibre or inflated rubber (trampolines). Either immune to collision breakage, drops itself on collision, or repairable in the 2x2 grid.

A rubber dinghy is nice and bouncy, so would either bounce off on impact (doesn't break), capsize (drops itself), or deflate (drops punctured boat, repair with 1 rubber or resin). First step above wood.

A kayak made from carbon fibre would probably be lighter than wood or rubber, so would either deflect easily from an impact or capsize. Only breaks when punched or in lava. Due to reduced weight, possible minor speed and/or acceleration boost (around +10% at the most). This will be the top-tier one-man Steve-powered water boat.

Open to all suggestions, current recipes are 5/6 trampolines for rubber, 5 carbon plate (40 coal) for carbon fibre version.

Please send lava boat ideas to passinglurker's thread!