Posts by xenoflot

The way I handled it was to use an IC2 Detector cable on the power feed from the reactor. For me, I just had a red rp2 lamp to show that the reactor was active. When the cycle ended, the light would go out. You could of course use a NOT gate or inverter such that when there is no power coming from the reactor, then the light goes on.

Mk1 reactors don't really need rp2 stuff (other than a lamp) since they're completely stable.

I use this design. I have 4 reactors and use an rp2 sequencer that has the 4 sides paired such that the reactors run on a 50% duty cycle. I had trouble with RP2 timing circuits on SMP so this design is perfect. It can run a full cycle (in cast something goes wrong with the rp2 stuff) without exploding and running a 50% cycle means I can run them continuously. Expensive and tedious to set up but once in place, run forever very efficiently.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

Hi folks,

From googling about it looks like powercrystals updated MFR to work happily with IC2 rubber a couple of versions ago. He has since retired from modding so I'm asking here.

I have a bukkit running the IC2 1.43 port from MCPortCentral and 1.4 of MFR. I set up a small farm but the planter won't plant rubber saplings and the harvester won't cut down force-grown rubber trees. The same setup works as expected if I put in regular saplings.

Can anyone advise why this is happening and if it's possible to convince MFR to farm IC2 rubber for me?

Thanks,
    Xeno

Found the problem HanFox. There are three arrays that look the same and one that doesn't.
    If you try to place the one that's the silver block, boom.
    If you use the three that look the same, works fine.
    I think that's just a behind-the-scenes block that we shouldn't be using :)

What's with the 188:3 HV Solar Array?

If you cheat it in and place it it crashes MC (yes, yes, cheating bad, but things need poking...).

No particular reason to NOT dig under your town. Not like MC has implemented land subsidence yet (though that would be very cool if they did!) One of the team set up a miner to speed his preparation for striking out into the uncharted wilderness, which is fair enough.

I'm detecting a particular dislike of bukkit... :) meh, it's convenient and the only attempt to standardise modding that I have seen. Hopefully Mojang will pull their fingers out and create an API to streamline and standardise block allocation and the like.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll tell the team to dig down below the WG region if they want to use a miner.

Hi folks,

I'd like to suggest a version of the standard power cables that will carry a redstone signal in a similar manner to Eloraam's redstone tubing. It would be very nice (for example) to be able to have a single cable both provide power and activate a tesla coil.

Secondly, I'd like to suggest that, like the tesla coil, all IC2 machines require a redstone signal to operate (rather than to temporarily disable). This would provide a more realistic "fail safe" mode of operation that real industrial gear uses. I'm particularly interested in this for my reactors due to lag in redstone timer operation when playing SMP with a 300ms ping :)

Cheers,
    Xeno

To the OP: I like the idea a lot! I think the current implementation is a bit odd but it works well enough.

To the peanut gallery: um... once you have a mining machine and 64 pieces of mining pipe, the world is your oyster. In a few hours of mining I have enough lapis to make an MFSU.

In 1 week (of holiday time so about 12 hrs a day) I gathered the resources for and created two nuclear reactors, each with 6 additional cores. They're eff3 and product 24M EU over a cycle. They're class 2 so could run a full cycle, I'd just have to let them cool down at the end. As it happens I eliminate that need by using a redpower sequencer to run them 50% on/off. They power a bank of 5 MFSU which in turn powers my workshop.

I only used solar for the first day or so until I got my first reactor (a mini type 1 eff2) online. Then the reactor is very definitely my primary power source.

Hi folks,

I have set up a worldguard protected town with sub-regions that give ownership of parcels of land for individual exploitation. This appears to be all working OK with people able to dig, use chests and whatnot.

Unfortunately however the IC2 miner does not appear to be working in protected areas. I'm not sure if the pump has the same problem.
    With BuildCraft I know they have a fakeuser that needs to be given permission. Anyone able to shed light on how to tell WG about IC2 or vice versa?

I'm using the mcports.co.za bukkit conversion of 1.43r2. Don't know exactly where the problem lies with this issue.

Thanks,
    Xeno

If I am a little over-zealous in my pruning with the chainsaw and accidentally cut the tree trunk, if I replace the rubber tree wood block, will it continue to spawn resin tap points? Similarly, if I get a short tree, can I trim the leaves from the top and add extra wood blocks to the top to level the height of my plantation?

Related question... if I build a solid wall of rubber wood blocks, wait a while for resin taps to appear then knock out and replace the blocks that don't have a tap, can I eventually build a wall of taps?

Related question 2: the wiki refers to not hitting the "black" resin tap for fear of removing it permanently. I don't think I've ever seen a black tap point. Is that just my vision or has that feature been removed?

Related question 3(probably answered elsewhere): how often do the tap points respawn?

Thanks,
    Xeno

Hi folks,

Playing around with reactors today. I set up a 1+4 reactor, put in 4 heat spreaders, a stupid amount of uranium and had a ring of ice around the uranium. I set up a redpower system to keep filling it with ice.

I watched it run for a little while, getting a stead 620EU/t according to the meter. I noticed the 4 heat spreaders were getting awfully hot. I then went to have a look at my terraformer to see if it was any faster with the extra power and when I got back to the reactor, I noticed the server had abended with the following error.

I have a handful of other plugins loaded. Let me know if you'd like more information.

edit: I can close the server down and it saves its state and exits gracefully. However when I fire it back up, I get the same exception again. Looks like this world file is borked :(
    edit2: Just copied the world folder into Saves and ran it single player. It opens the file, displays the "dirt" background then says Saving Chunks and eventually goes black screen.

To the OP: Do you also have jms_man SMP port of Pam's HarvestCraft installed on the server?

I am having similar problems with 1.0.0 server and IC2 1.42

After playing for about 3 hrs yesterday, I quit out then when I tried to get back in, same problem as you are describing.
    Then I was playing on a friend's brand new bukkit server with 1.42. As soon as I dropped my first windmill, the client aborted and I cannot get back in.
    This affects both my logins and happens even if I reinstall the client.
    When doing on my own server, only replacing the world file would fix the problem. Then it happened again a couple of hours later.

What did we all have in common? IC2 1.4.2 and also the jms_man SMP port of Pam's Harvestcraft 5.1.

I have now been testing a new server with IC2 1.4.2, RP2 pr4, Minefactory Reloaded and a couple of others. No HarvestCraft. No problems so far.