Posts by raGan

Surrounding uranium cells with as much cooling components as possible makes it output less heat.
    I removed external cooling to show you the impact. Design1 Design2
    So putting cells into a corner is generally a bad idea.

Another thing to keep in mind is the layout of Coolant cells. Coolant cells = cooling, while HDs only mean heat distribution. Every HD that doesn't need to be contained in design means lower cooling.
    Your design contains 5 free slots, so I added 2 cells to the best slots available. Design3
    I recreated it, but maintained uranium configuration. Again 5 free slots, 2 UCs added. Design4
    My version is performing better because I used 2 less HDs to cover the same area as you did (5 free slots). This means better cooling and desing lasting longer.

Results:
    Design5
    Design6

Hope it helps. (It may have nothing to do with with your request, but when I saw those Uranium Cells in the corner, I thought it might be helpful a little.)

At your request: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…8vwfgfqfygespr6n1ltm5kkzk

The idea would totally work, but i don't know how to automatically remove any component of the reactor. You're using another mod than industrial craft?
    I don't get either your "start timer".

As i got the pistons only pushing blocs & letting lava go on when the uranium cell is gone, you can guess i know a bit about redstone and detector cable ;)
    But i'm not using any mod permitting me to automatically remove a component from the reactor. I'd be glad to know one.

Redpower 2. One of the greatest mods available. www.eloraam.com

I wanted to start learning the IC2 crop systems so i went to the wiki where i usually get my info. Found nothing useful except the recipe for the crop stix. Then i found this thread, good job gathering all this info. I may take this an write a wiki article using it to help people out if that's ok. Unless someone else was planning on doing it.

You are free to do so. However, I am still missing a lot of information I am not keen enough to add now.

You can set filter to the reactor that takes all HDs and depleted cells when the cycle is finished.
    Use detector cable to know when reactor stops generating power and start timer to remove all HDs AND depleted uranium cells. When you come to refill your reactor, it will still have same heat as before, but you have to manually refill it :(. This way you can be sure to not have any excess cooling.

Oh my...
    So, i have no solution, as i cannot anticipate an uranium cell disappearing OR becoming a near-depleted cell...

By the way, why are your 5 near-depleted cells only producing 4 heat per second in total instead of 5?

Reactor itself has its own external cooling.
    Second thing - Always anticipate that, having 1 excess cooling is nothing horrible, it means 1 bucket of lava per 2000 seconds. (approx. 33 mins)

Edit: NOPE, redstone only affects uranium cells

Ok, once again.

because cooling works even when there are no uranium cells around

This means cooling works always. Even internal cooling. It is not shown in the planner but it works, so make a sum of internal cooling from the first design and external cooling from the second (because external changes there). Result is 40 (36int + 4ext). Thats because coolant cells can access hull through HDs and are cooling it all the time.

by external cooling (internal too, when there is any)

If you remove internal cooling by simply removing HDs from your reactor, only external one is applied and reactor remains hot (4 heat - 4 ext. cooling = 0 overal gain). BUT you have not takem into account this scenario, where uranium cell may turn into near depleted uranium cell, which is also generating 1 heat per sec (i think). It may result in explosion if left unnoticed.

1. Let me laugh at your failed attempt at google translate. Its a name not "i end foot." Google translate doesnt know anything about casual speech in japanese. 2. None of you ever read. Its not "Place and win" considering the EU generated is quite small and the point of the lightning rod and lightning lines would be to stop the current from destroying the machines on the lines. 3. It wouldnt be epic storms, they would occur just as infrequently as they do now, however lightning would actually not strike randomly. 4. This is actually rather amusing, seeing how many people will blindly flame a thread based on 2 words and not actually read anything other than those two. Thanks again for the bumps

I was not actually attacking your post. As you say, I was "bumping" and I'm really like to know the meaning of your title btw.

Hello, ...

Yes, you probably did not notice that because cooling works even when there are no uranium cells around. Basically, all heat from isotope cells goes straight to hull, where it is terminated (with no mercy) by external cooling (internal too, when there is any).