Posts by MatLaPatate

I can't understand that maths at 100%. So, if it was something like that, but are you able to write it on better way please? :/
    Something more mathematical, without words, or better explain. You mean...

EU Generation for THIS BLOCKS? I try to resolve that algorhythm, but i cant

EU generation = (random factor like there is already) Randomness, I guess you understood that ? ^^ I mean, just a factor to make the whole result random.

* (number of pylon blocks under the windmill) Basically just a thing to make windmills "realistic", aka (here) cool looking, and to avoid exploitation (as putting something high isn't really hard in MC, you just need cobblestone --')

* (Maintenance Factor [exp(-timeinticks/2daysinticks] which would basically mean without maintenance the generation would be halved every 2 days) A factor that would encourage the player to "repair" (like in GT) his windmill, or to use an expensive and not efficient rotor. (or a rotor that doesn't need maintenance but just to be replaced, like the Carbon Rotor in GT)

*(BiomeFactor [Plain/Ocean/Taïga=Max, Jungle/Mountain = min]) Realistic factor. Would increase the output in "flat" biomes, or "windy" biomes. Would decrease it in mountains, because the limit for windmills would be higher in mountain, so it would be more efficient in Hills/Extreme Hills in the end. (but more complicated to setup I guess).

*height[ASSUMING IT CAN'T BE EXPLOITED, WHICH MEANS: max height counted depends on the biome, so plain would be 64, Hills like 80 and extreme hills like 120) See above. Basically to avoid exploits with height. And for the sake of realism, once more.

*(SomethingToLimit windmills per Biome/room, like [2/1+numbersofwindmillsinthebiome] To avoid exploits with room, for realism, to makes windmill an enrgy source that is also expensive by the cables/net you need etc ... And because the main issue with greengens is the farm you can do with. Would there be an issue with Solar Pannels if you could only have 2 per person, for practical purpose ? I guess not.

*Free Air blocks in the 7*7*7 box)*To avoid underground windmills or such nonsenses ^^

RotorEfficiency So you can upgrade it/change its efficiency depending on what's the more important to you: energy generation, ressources saving or being maintenance free. And because it makes another point to get higher technologies.

OOOPS, misread:
    How do you want it to be more mathematical but using shortcuts you wouldn't understand ? ^^ I'm not gonna define 10 letters for this ^^.
    Moreover, I haven't a precise Idea of what each factor should be, given I haven't thought about it yet. It's just ideas to makes the whole thing realistic/unexploitable/funnier.

e mopesié

Don't know what it is ^^. I'd say it's not a French word, or with so many mistakes in it that I can't recognize it xD

Creme Bruleé

Crème brûlée actually ^^.

I don't know, maybe suggestion from that feel then in French everything is "é"

Basically most adjectives and some past forms ends with é, which kind of the French "ed".

Anyway, who feel like Lithium and Tritium were implemented for Fusion bombs ? ^^ At least they should be GT compatible, so we could have Fusion Reactor running on normal reactors ;)

No to the windmill, because multiblocks are laggy if not coded properly and greengens are overly spammable. There is an addon called CompactWindmills already. Spamming multi-windmills is little better than spamming solars.

Depends. If you really want them to be realistic, UN-spammable but still useful, they could work like that:

EU generation = (random factor like there is already) * (number of pylon blocks under the windmill) * (Maintenance Factor [exp(-timeinticks/2daysinticks] which would basically mean without maintenance the generation would be halved every 2 days)*(BiomeFactor [Plain/Ocean/Taïga=Max, Jungle/Mountain = min])*height[ASSUMING IT CAN'T BE EXPLOITED, WHICH MEANS: max height counted depends on the biome, so plain would be 64, Hills like 80 and extreme hills like 120)*(SomethingToLimit windmills per Biome/room, like [2/1+numbersofwindmillsinthebiome]*Free Air blocks in the 7*7*7 box)*RotorEfficiency

With such a system, windmillls would be less laggy than they currently are (less WM for the same energy generation), wouldn't be spammable, wouldn't be "fire and forget"/infinite [even though IMO the maintenance should be configurable) and would be more "realistic" (like IRL, they would be random, take lots of space but would generate a lot more energy than Solar Pannels for the same cost)

Plus, iodine doesn't really work as nuclear protection, last time I checked. Iodine protection is mainly to prevent radioactive iodine from damaging our thyroid glands. Plus, the immense heat from the reactor will sublime the iodine at 457 K. Lead is still a better protector.

It's just used to go into your thyroid instead of the radioactive version of Iodine released by some nuclear reactions that may go in your thyroid without that protection ^^. Basically, it makes it full so it can't be fullfilled by dangerous stuff.

(forever)

Really ? :/
    I thought they would last extremly long, like 30 hours per pellet but ... Why did they made another greengen spammable ?

It'd be funnier lasting a long, long time, but with the ability to generate like 1.5^(numbersof14C-pellets-1), which you coul get from Coal Ore in very tiny amounts or ... using Coal Moderators ;)

Suggestion : Rework the chemical reactor to have 8 input/output slots, allowing greater flexibility and variety of chemical recipes.

That way we can, for example, react things with a variety of substances to obtain others, at once.

Or just do it GUI-ish, working like Nuclear Reactors + Nuclear Transmutations ... :D

EDIT 2: following current conversion, 1 iridium ore = 16 diamonds = 64 gold. Is that balanced or not? I could bump it up, if needed. Like maybe 2 times?

I would say: it's balanced SINCE IT CONSUMES ENERGY AND since it's not EE but ... UNequivalent exchange. So nothing could be exploited. Like 4X-->Y but Y would give 1 X.

2) Matter Reshaping. It uses already existing items and "reuses" its IV to create other items.

Uh ? Particle Accelerators don't do that IRL ^^

It exploits a rarely-used feature (direct heat transfer from fuel rods to cooling units) in a way that allows you to get away with much less components than commonly needed.

Yeah, people there tends to be fan of Components + Overclocked ... I personally prefer Mk I that run only 5 minutes thanks to Cooling Cells, they have much more efficiency, output, and it's way funnier to mess with ^^

Thats still plausible (thermodynamics temperature difference), but making a reactor propositely extremely hot is a bit insane

If you mean that for efficiency, it would kind of work (E=Q/Th-Tc), but that's for EU GENERATION, and DEFINITELY NOT FOR BREEDERS. And that should only affect the steam generation, not the efficiency of the Uranium to heat itself, and it wouldn't affect that much and ... NP.
    The issue was the exploitability :/

Anyone made up an Efficient reactor using MOX fuel? I beleive the hotter the reactor the more power you get out of it.

WHY didn't they got rid off that ? :/
    I wish this was just a pre-calculated efficiency depending on isotopes, concentration of fuel and first pulses (and then, the not stable system would result in: explosion for too high rate of particles emissions, and efficiency one (radioactivity and very few fissions) with too low rate.

Edit by SpwnX : You should consider visiting and posting in the other areas of the forum, rather than just writing random crap in the off topic section :3

Beware guys, it always start with a dictator and ends in an Industrium Conflict ... He just got the power from the Chancellor ... We don't want a war back right ? IT'S TIME FOR REVOLUTION!