Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

The guest # spike on this thread is because of twitter.

Someone seriously tweeted about this small argument, where pretty much everyone agrees anyway? >.>

• Official Post

Someone seriously tweeted about this small argument, where pretty much everyone agrees anyway? >.>

Link plz :rolleyes:

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I saw, but I don't know why they had to get involved at all... its just a bee.
    I understand why they complained about it though, because if you want to get all the bees, well, you can't. Don't know why sengir and jaded needed to come onto the forums to defend themselves.

• Official Post

NVM for the link, I found it: https://twitter.com/SirSengir/status/416883433231884288
    @Them coming - Sengir was defending his honour or something :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Better question is why is it a big deal when someone disagrees with a feature?

It's not about your opinion. It's about the way you choose to express it. The anonymity of the internet does not legitimate unacceptable social behavior; it merely removes consequences. The fact that you seem surprised about negative backlash indicates that you have not understood how this is relevant to online social interactions.

• How can it be that except for the People using this Forum anyway, no one gives a fucking shit about stuff here in the IC² Forum, but if a FTB Dev is accussed of some Kind of evil witchery, he and other are immideatly here to defend themself? Is FTB using a Mind Controll Facility? Are they the NSA? Do they hire People to watch every offtopic post in this Forum on the end of the Internet?

• Official Post

How can it be that except for the People using this Forum anyway, no one gives a fucking shit about stuff here in the IC² Forum, but if a FTB Dev is accussed of some Kind of evil witchery, he and other are immideatly here to defend themself? Is FTB using a Mind Controll Facility? Are they the NSA? Do they hire People to watch every offtopic post in this Forum on the end of the Internet?

They're not the NSA, but probably buy some of the stole info off them :P FTB has a much bigger, more protective fan base than IC2. That and our forums have mods which have fun :PX2

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Yes. Really funny mods.

Oh yeah, their forum unbanning probably works better than ours

I see this too much.

• It's not about your opinion. It's about the way you choose to express it. The anonymity of the internet does not legitimate "unacceptable" social behavior; it merely removes consequences.

Buddy, I don't think you know the kinds of people I hang out with on a daily basis between my work and other circumstances. We cut jokes and humorous jabs of a much meaner jib that what you've seen me post so far. I'm not responsible for the lack of skin that users have, so expecting me to "behave myself" because I might step on a fragile feeling or two is not only a tall order, but also an impossibility...

The fact that you seem surprised about negative backlash indicates that you have not understood how this is relevant to online social interactions.

Not really surprise. More of disappointment. The fact that Sengir has to get into such a tiff over a small instance of disapproval just shows how far we've fallen as a community. Used to, mods were simply additions to gameplay that we simply enjoyed. There was none of this idolatry (save for a few mild instances between major updates and new features) over mod authors that has become so prevalent in modpacks for quite some time. In some ways, we've fed a monstrous ego over several developers, thinking that they are god-like in the community. While their creations are indeed impressive, I don't think that they need any kind of "special treatment" in regards to how we talk about mods. The same goes for modpack creators as well. They are all community members who contribute quite a fair share of input on a non-paid basis. And while we do owe them a great deal of respect for putting their hard work into Minecraft, I don't think that we need to sate their egotism in such a way that they are above from being offend at all over simple opinions. Especially over, again, very trite commentary over non-essential features...

Do they hire People to watch every offtopic post in this Forum on the end of the Internet?

I wouldn't say "hire", but I'm sure our activities are monitored out of spite from a particular group...

Edit: Sirius, please don't do the 'threatening PM's'. If you have to address me on something, could you please do it here where it makes sense? Thanks...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

Edited 2 times, last by MagusUnion ().

• Official Post

I wouldn't say "hire", but I'm sure our activities are monitored out of spite from a particular group...

He uses the Search Function to find every new Post containing his Name. Here an example of him going to find this Post: SirSengir, Forestry, Sengir and maybe other variations I dont know of.

He told us once, that he does searches like that.

It is useful to be able to remember everything, as long as one gets pointed to it somehow.

Edit: Sirius, please don't do the 'threatening PM's'. If you have to address me on something, could you please do it here where it makes sense? Thanks...

You already "threatened" him by saying "Sirius" XD

• Official Post

It wasn't threatening either :P It was a single point warning telling you to drop the ridiculously stupid argument I told you all to stop talking about already :P

• It wasn't threatening either :P It was a single point warning telling you to drop the ridiculously stupid argument I told you all to stop talking about already :P

Blame Omicron for that, I was giving him a stout reply...

But seriously, I just think Sengir needs to go to the Winchester, grab a pint, and wait for this whole holiday thing to blow over, lol... :thumbup:

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• Several mods add easter eggs named after people "Holy Planks of Sengir" ring any bells? Many mods add capes or other items for devs/friends/donators. If it doesn't give anyone an advantage in game why would anyone else care? It doesn't count towards your completion ratio for bee species. It counts towards mine so I have to breed 1 more species than anyone else if I want full completion again. Its a harmless gift from a friend. I am sorry that people think gifts from friends are bad. I am grateful my friends are willing to take the time to make something that makes me smile. I hope all of you have friends that want you to smile too. And if having a friend make you smile makes you feel special I am happy for you, everyone should have friends like that, they are the best thing in the world, aside from cheesecake.

(Also I am not so good at using this quote system)

A better example might be Dinnerbones running around on his head. D:

I shouldn't add this but I will. The argument that what effects other people douse not effect you has never worked.
    It should work. A player should be able to use what ever advantage they have. No matter if it's something meaningful like a quick way to do this or get that resource, or something that to other people should be meaningless. Like having a species of imaginary insect named after you.
    But that argument won't work. So many don't seem to get that everything isn't a competition. Even if this imaginary competition exists between you and other random players that will never interact with you in any way except as a rant. Even if 2 players were on the same server it still should not matter. :(

That being said should I ever happen to come across you on a server would you be offended if I asked you for a cup of jaded bees. JK :P

And you should consider asking them to add some Dire Bees and Ichin Bees. That would really set them off. :D

That being said should I ever happen to come across you on a server would you be offended if I asked you for a cup of jaded bees. JK :P

And you should consider asking them to add some Dire Bees and Ichin Bees. That would really set them off. :D

LOL! "Please sir, I want some 'ore?"

• Official Post

[23:10] <SirusKing> YEEEES
    [23:10] <SirusKing> YES
    [23:10] * SirusKing does a happy dance
    [23:10] <SirusKing> I finally managed to survive re-entry :D
    [23:10] <SirusKing> Heading to the arctic baby ;p
    [23:12] <SirusKing> hell yis <3
    [23:13] <SirusKing> srsly
    [23:13] <SirusKing> 20 science for 4 hours worth of work
    [23:13] <SirusKing> fuck you game
    [23:15] <SirusKing> not even 20
    [23:15] <SirusKing> i barely got 10