[Suggestion] another use for detector cables

• Description: simple hit a detector cable with a wrench and it will begin to draw energy to emit a redstone signal instead of just working when another machine down the line is drawing energy useful for CF concealed redstone mechanisms and controlling the new 1.2 redstone lamps

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• hmm,

im guesing the thing u mention. is to turn ON the output when the power does NOT flow. kinda reversing it function?

i dont see why not? i always used an converter which takes some space to make.. neat idea!

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• it would make a detector able consume some like .05eu/t, it will always emit a signal as long as there is sufficient power available, and the power could be switched on and off with a splitter cable. it basically in a quick and dirty way kills 2 birds(redstone wire insulation, and luminator revamp) with one stone.

EDIT: never mind i just realized you could do this if you put an induction furnace in heat-up mode on the end of the cable to constantly drain the power to trigger the detector cables. like this
    .[induction furnace]--[detector cable]--[spliter cable]--[power source]
    ............|.......................|...................|
    ..........[lever].........[redstone lamp]........[lever]

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

.[induction furnace]--[detector cable]--[spliter cable]--[power source]
    ............|.......................|...................|
    ..........[lever].........[redstone lamp]........[lever]

What kind of Magic is that, oh its coloring of dots.

Good idea but it has to be optional with a GUI (like you suggested), because i want to know if my MFSU is emitting energy to another Machine and not to a stupid Cable.

• or you could use a luminator to draw current and have a splitter cable shut the power off between it and the power source. then when you open the splitter cable it'll turn the detector cable back on. (basically the same thing as the induction furnace but cheaper and smaller.

(redstone signal)...............
    (Power Source)---(Detector Cable)---(Splitter cable)---(Luminator)
    ...................................|
    .......................................(lever)

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• What kind of Magic is that, oh its coloring of dots.

Good idea but it has to be optional with a GUI (like you suggested), because i want to know if my MFSU is emitting energy to another Machine and not to a stupid Cable.

i picked up the trick from FenixR (he uses it to toss in some extra snide remarks here or there) I think a gui would be over kill you will probably have the detector cables on a separate wire than you machines cause you'll be turning your redstone stuff on and off with a spliter cable or a transformer. the diagram above still renders this idea moot and obsolete

Snoochy luminators top off and start calling for power intermittently causing the redstone signal to flicker its potentially useful for clock driven stuff but not for lighting cause that will lag you out. and induction furnace will call for a constant feed