Industrial potions

• So, when mojang added potions, it was quite nice. Get the awesome magical items and mix them to create potions, that give you buffs. Simple and effective.

Tough, there is one word IC is against, the forbidden word, magic.

Magic items mixing in order to make potions sounds like wizard magic. So i suggest, how about a industrialist way to make potion-like substances!?

Use the extractor to remove substances from plants or dusts from ores and mix them in industrial labs to create chemicals that give you buffs. It would consume EU, and in general, be a more rational and Ic-ist way to do potions.

I recall that once there was a suggestion, very well elaborated that talked abouth PH, substance mixing, in general, chemistry in IC. It would be a very good base for this concept.

I dont expect this to get approved (at least so soon), even less incorporated, but i wanted to give my opinion and hear yours about it.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• well, i dunno, i guess whe can think something out of it...

Better versions of vanilla effects...

Less damage from players,
    Less damage from mobs,
    More crop yelds,
    Posions that seem to do nothing, and after a time cause near instant death,
    Sickness poisons, causing allucinations, like hearing explosions, attacks that dont exists (like the Spy's grenade in TF classic)
    Rage effect (Awesome damage and Ultra health, when it runs out... You will be KO for a while...

What i also liked (beyond the fact i can be in a white coat with a evil laugh "MY FORMULA! THEY TOLD ME IT COULDNT BE DONE! I WILL SHOW THEM!! MUAHAHAHAHH!!!") is that you can easily link it to other suggestions.

Remember that "copper dust" that would kill vegetation, e.t.c? Guess how it could be done?

You could develop better fertilizers, War chemicals (for industrium conflict), dity bombs, Acid bombs e.t.c...

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• one i would recomend is a better invisability potion that doesn't have the particle effects.
    As for the War Chemicals, it is times like these where gas effects were in Minecraft.

• How about a potion of harming or potion of poison, that doesn't just shout out "DON'T DRINK ME"
    Those thing are basically useless unless you make them splash X(

Hai Shinyray ^_^/)
    Hai Rebornneo ^_^/)

• IC2 is a tech mod, we don't go into potions. If you want Industrial Potions, have a Minecraft beer. Trust me :)

• Thats the point. Potions arent industrial, this suggestion is about a new system, sort of like the beer system, but centered around chemicals and SCIENCE! in our modern world, mixing a eyeball with a plant would most likely give you a disease or some sort of natural effect, but im talking about advanced chemicals.

Also, i want to start a "Viper Corporation" and develop a "V-Virus" to make Stevies stronger, but have it going bad and releasing a infection. ^^

I dont know if it is codeable, but can we have potions that are labeled as Unknown potion, or unedintifiable potion? Poisons are basically useless unless in splash form...

• What about soaking the potion into (stackable?) bandages? I mean, it's not really that high-tech, but so is beer, it's more modern and less "mystical" (honestly, alchemy that works is accidental chemistry, so any "it's magic!" claims aren't really to the point).

Hey, we could start a whole new area of industrial craft- Medicine! (we have agriculture, we can do medicine)! With bandages*, syringes**, and more!?

*(wool,string?,rubber?, craft with potion for bandage, have cool down or diminishing return?, craft with water to clean?)

**(tin, rubber?, glass, iron cable?, craft with potion (or more?) and stab for direct effect (heal friend? poison enemy? buff creeper?), extract? (mob? player? flesh? bio signature? cloning?))

this has so much hayo potential... and yet, maybe for a different mod?

• I would like a Try-all-sorts-of-combination-in-your-GUI-placeable-as-an-advanced-machine-to-get-industrial-drugs/medicine (a long word ^^). It would be more Industrial-ish than the brewing system, more random if you don't know how to proceed, but once you know, more useful (because honestly, who spend hours farming nethermobs to get 2 Potions ? ^^) --> I mean it would have "Normal" components ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Yes, thank you for your support and suggestions (im surprised i havent been showed the bannerhammer given how awfull my suggestions usually are)

But its true: You can do many chemicals, poisons and acids with everything you have just in your backyard, the problem is to find a good combo. You can predict the effects of some things, but not totally predict the result. Thats like IC Beer, heck, its like Real life chemistry. The point of this would be to do complicated and awesome chemical mixing in order to obtain solutions with a effect you think you know, but may end just doing the complete opposite. Mixing two X things doesnt always give you a combine X thing, somethimes you may just end with a Y.

MC potions are about getting awkward ingredients and consult a wiki, just that. IC Beer is about finding a good porporsion to get benefits, but there are few ingredients and not much buffs (not to mention a lab is cooler than a brewer basement)

This would be somewhat like beer, but with more buffs, and more risks, and more SCIENCE!(not to mention we could name the components the way we would like, something like AlbaTye or Hayoish acid :P )

• Medicine and dangerous liquids would be a very cool addition. As the other people postes here said, there would be many cool things you could do.
    For example, a hospital with high-tech devices and so on would be cool, or a secret base were chemically things are developed.

As well, much things in minecraft have an industrial conterpart, so why dont give brewing another one. That would also be a chance for some new plants, and maybe even some multiblock devices.

• As well, much things in minecraft have an industrial conterpart, so why dont give brewing another one. That would also be a chance for some new plants, and maybe even some multiblock devices.

Oh god... you did it... Madmen... THIS IS MADNESS!! YOU SUGGESTED MULTIBLOCK MACHINES IN IC FORUM!!! Havent you hear the tales? people who sugges that, and then, boom, nobody ever sees them again! ;( I will miss you. (jokes aside, Multi block machines were shot down several times because of lag)

One thing i like about this idea is how easy it connects to other ideas, addons and suggestions. Industrium conflict, medicine, better agriculture, PvP, mad scientist labs, there is a lot of things you can fit into this idea!

• As well, much things in minecraft have an industrial conterpart, so why dont give brewing another one. That would also be a chance for some new plants, and maybe even some multiblock devices

Don't forget a way of introducing research. (--> Secret from Chest [Dungeons, Stronghold etc ...] + a reseach-GUI! There are plentyh of possibility with bacterias, as an example.)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Hmmmm, bandages? Industrium conflict?

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Hmmmm, bandages? Industrium conflict?

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. And Übercharge/critical hits buffs ^^
    Add to this an invisibility suit and Zombie-Robots(/spambots ^^), and you'll get TF2 ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• this could be a very nice addition, if well built...

I wonder what's the Devs and Alblaka position on it...

QUICK! SUGGEST MULTIBLOCK MACHINES OR LIGHTING RODS! He will be here in no time :D

• One logical potion effect I can think of would be:
    salt+water=saline solution(the base for all other potions maybe)
    drinking it as it is gives you the effect "salty sweat" wich makes you immune to electric damage (lightning and tesla coils, if you're gonna have industrial warfare there has to be a way to bypass a tesla coil defense grid)
    salt could come from just cobble in an extractor(if it's gonna be the base of all potions/vaccines/steroids it should be rather cheap) and be just an item...no need for a new ore.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride