[AddOn v1.23] Energy Coupler v0.21.1 - Convert EUs <-> BuildCraft Energy

• ah hah! that solved my crash issue as well.

I don't suppose anyone has any answers to my other two questions I asked above?

Neat.. I don't suppose you know if it works with teleport pipes?
    A couple of my machines are all a bit on the distant side so running power to them normally would get interesting. How short is "short"?

I just tried them with teleport pipes and they do seem to work. It wasn't a very long distance though, so your mileage may very. And it's not necessarily that they "need" to be short, it's just that I noticed that it will start to send energy in waves if they get long. You will still only be using only the energy you need, it just won't be a steady and constant stream. If you could, try it out and report back your findings. I'd love some "real world" data, as I can only do so much in a test environment.

• I just installed the new version of the mod, and the new pipes are not showing up correctly. To be more precise they are pink, as if it can't load the correct textures.

• I just tried them with teleport pipes and they do seem to work. It wasn't a very long distance though, so your mileage may very. And it's not necessarily that they "need" to be short, it's just that I noticed that it will start to send energy in waves if they get long. You will still only be using only the energy you need, it just won't be a steady and constant stream. If you could, try it out and report back your findings. I'd love some "real world" data, as I can only do so much in a test environment.

woot! thanks for the info. Haven't had a chance to test it out myself yet. This will make my power setup much easier, if a bit interesting to re-pipe. (buried power destinations in a couple cases) Should be able to make the central power source power more devices this way. (and regulate the 12 combustion engines back to purely power generation as was their original purpose)

as of right now i'm generally working with distances in the ~50-100 block range* but in the past i've had far flung oil pumps. Something tells me i'll just want to go the traditional steam engine or direct power route for those.

*recently did a world purge when I installed Redpower.

edit: woo, finally had a moment to re-do things a bit.
    now running a quarry, 6 harvesters, 6 planters and another converter and getting ~15-20Eu/T out in excess power from a 32 panel solar array. Previously I could only run the quarry really. Love the regulator pipes.

• The recipe's also do not work for me for the new pipes

*EDIT* wiped minecraft and started from scratch, I got the recipes to work but the pipes are still pink

*EDIT 2* After running Minecraft from command prompt I was able to see that the only textures that were loaded for Energy Coupler was block_0.png

• I'm still having issues with loading this on the server. It still gets loaded prior to buildcraft causing severe crashes, and that despite renaming the zip file.
    I got pigalot to try renaming the class of his bucketfiller mod to have an extra z before the name, as it actually got loaded between core and transport. I'm not sure exactly how modloaderMP loads, but it seems that on some systems, a simple rename of the zip is not enough, but possibly forcing the mod_modname-of-choice to be mod_z-modname-of-choice might work. At least, logically, it seems to make sense.

any chance we could test that theory ?

Edit: The issue is only on smp, btw, my client loads it fine.

• I'm still having issues with loading this on the server. It still gets loaded prior to buildcraft causing severe crashes, and that despite renaming the zip file.
    I got pigalot to try renaming the class of his bucketfiller mod to have an extra z before the name, as it actually got loaded between core and transport. I'm not sure exactly how modloaderMP loads, but it seems that on some systems, a simple rename of the zip is not enough, but possibly forcing the mod_modname-of-choice to be mod_z-modname-of-choice might work. At least, logically, it seems to make sense.

any chance we could test that theory ?

Edit: The issue is only on smp, btw, my client loads it fine.

Last I heard the alphabetical loading only really happened on windows machines. I think removing the file and adding another copy in will force it lower on the list in a *nix environment but i'm not 100% sure there.

• Last I heard the alphabetical loading only really happened on windows machines. I think removing the file and adding another copy in will force it lower on the list in a *nix environment but i'm not 100% sure there.

Well, given that java ultimately is the one loading it, I'd hazard a guess at it indexing the mod_modname.class files, which is required for modloader to accept the mod. Java does a system call to get the information iirc, which in windows always is sorted by caps insensitive and alphabetically. Unix systems should always be caps sensitive alphabetically, altough I've not done enough work with java to verify if it returns this in other ways.
    Regardless... a class file must always be named the same as the main class name, and thus a recompile is necessary to test it out.
    doing it this way, if it works, should fix the problem across the board.
    The sad thing is I've yet to find out exactly how modloader sorts it, and can only guess. The reordering by file names on unix seems odd as it occurs to me that it's the same. Only the mod_pluginname.class seems to make up for the discrepancy, hence me asking for a test. I'd love a way to get modloader to load in an order that I decide, possibly through a config file of sorts.

Edit: bucketfiller did not load in a different order even with a new class name... so much for that idea. Anyone know the developer well enough to ask how this can be ?

Edit: Well, as I guessed, it has to do with the way the filesystem call returns the list to java. In good news, there is a way to get mods to load after another mod. The bad news ofc, being that it is implemented in the 1.9 version of modloader only. Thus all mods involved needs to be updated to 1.9, and possibly release version before we can use it. However it should fix this issue in the future, if the mods get the appropriate code. :thumbup: :( :love:

• I have this mod and many others, and I have found that I can make and place the regulator pipes, but I cannot make or TMI the couplers
    My mods folder:

My Modloader.txt

• it worked with everything, and still works, except for the fact that I cannot place couplers. all the functions of all those mods are working

• I have continued testing, and I cannot produce buildcraft energy at all while I have this installed

• I found out what was causing the textures not to load for the pipes, it was a bug with the buildcraft addon additional pipes

• I have did my best to figure out why I am getting crash screen, and when I install the required mods and when i try to start with Redpower 2.0 3b I get crash
    Modloader
    ModloaderMP
    GuiAPI
    MinecraftForge
    ID Resoultion MCForge Edition
    IC2
    Buildcraft
    Coupler

No Crash

When I add redpower2.0 3b it crashies

Anyone else have this issue?

• define: "Crash" we need more info than just "halp! a crash!" namely, a crash log. look at Modloader.txt, Personally i'd say start from scratch without ID resolver, i've heard of more problems with that than it does good.

• <snip>
    java.lang.RuntimeException: RedPowerCore: BlockID 210 exists, autoAssign is disabled.
    <snip>
    Without Redpower installed it works fine, from narrowing it down it only crash when coupler and redpower installed.

there ya go, one Block ID conflict, hold the mayo.
    Better to just start again with a fresh minecraft.jar and not install ID Resolver and just tweak configs when you run into ID conflicts like that.

Also, in the future, put large blocks of text like that in spoiler tags so it doesn't spam everyone else.

• Just so people dont test this. It DOESNT work with buildcraft 3.0.0 alpha :p So dont try till its updated. If you place a block from it yuo get a saving chunks error and need to world edit remove the block before you can play again.

• I found out what was causing the textures not to load for the pipes, it was a bug with the buildcraft addon additional pipes

And?!?!?!?!?
    It's driving me crazy!!!!
    Is it an easy fix? or I have to learn some java?
    Please give some answers

• And?!?!?!?!?
    It's driving me crazy!!!!
    Is it an easy fix? or I have to learn some java?
    Please give some answers

Well their is a way around but you'll need to use paint or some other program that can edit the .png files.

As previously stated by BOOMZ the issue is due to Addtional pipes, the reason being is Addtional pipes contains a file called block_textures_override.png. This file appears to be overriding (or conflicting if you will) with the pipe textures for this mod, there is a way around but it requires some copy & pasting of images in the files.

First off open Energy Coupler's mod file, goto your mods folder and open ( In your case the file name may be different if you changed it) zEnergyCoupler-0.21.1-Client.zip, within the archive goto:
    EnergyCoupler\sprites\BlockTextures.png

Now look in the bottom right hand corner of the BlockTextures.png file see the three sprites? copy those three, we will need to place them into another file.

Next, while still in the mods folder, open the offending file (In your case the file name may be different if you changed it) zAddtionalPipes.zip, within the archive goto:
    net\minecraft\src\buildcraft\zeldo\gui\block_textures_override.png

Open the file, now paste the sprites we copied in the lower right hand corner of the file (The same position from which you copied them from). Save and enjoy =)