Posts by FnordMan

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…dcraft-v-10-upd-dec-31st/ is now gonna make you update the mod again :D

nope, read the whole post:

Minecraft Forge is NOT required to be installed for this mod to function (installing it separately will actually interfere with the proper functioning of this mod). However, the current release of BTB contains several Forge files.

basically it's still not forge compatible due to FC's little hissy fit and refusing to use the forge due to his overinflated ego.

And here it is. Geothermal powerplant with 8 geogens:<images snipped>

Nice system there. Totally wouldn't have though of using a sorting machine to split things like that. Something tells me it works better than the alternative (BC pipes with the additional pipes mod and a distribution pipe) as it's smart enough to not send along a bucket if there isn't room for one.

Wow.. I tried 64 or so on my system and that made MC go *bang*. Sorta wondering how you got away with that many?
    Heh, I've got a computer that can run Crysis on high, but it still reduced me to 0 FPS for about 5 minutes.

Mine isn't exactly a slouch either. i5-760 Overclocked to 3.6Ghz and a GTX 460.
    Large explosions just have a tendency of making MC go *boom* for me though.

(very) belayed edit: fix the quote fail in there...

In the meantime, you might be able to stick a wind gen or two on the input to guarantee a constant flow, and use a detector cable on it to see if it stops, which should indicate that it's full. Again, if you set up a circuit to run the mass fab long enough to use 500kEU or whatever every time your detector trips, it should still work.

I did say EV from the wind farm. have 32 up at the top of the world at the moment. I'm probably not reading this right or something but this isn't making complete sense to me at the moment.
    Oh.. wait. Detector cable on the MFSU to a NOT gate controlling a switch cable to the Mass fab? That way if it's charging the mass fab gets cut off?
    Interesting idea there but it almost seems it regulates the MFSu to just recharging duties. Although with enough windmills to provide constant power to everything I use right now this isn't a huge problem.

Something I came up with which may be of some use to you.
    <image snipped>
    Bottom is EV in from the right, HV out to the bottom. EUs are stepped down and fed to a batbox (so the MFSU doesn't draw too much when charging), which, in turn, feeds a MFSU. The MFSU will fill up, then start to 'leak,' triggering a cut off of the incoming current and a cessation of the redstone which is keeping it in 'fill' mode. It'll feed the Mass-fab until it runs out of stored EUs, then revert to charging state.

This lets me 'pulse-feed' the Mass-fab, and keeps max draw on my power-grid to 32eu/t. Note that once the batbox is full, it'll actually drop to BELOW 32eu/t, because the batbox isn't passing current when the MFSU is in discharge mode.

Hmm.. interesting concept there. Would require some serious adapting as i'm sorta feeding HV to a lot of places at the moment. Also have power split all over the place to various devices.

In the next release storage blocks emit redstone power, which with a bit of wiring could be used on a splitter cable to allow excess power to be directed to a mass fab.

How well would that work with an intermittent draw like from an always warm induction furnace off the chain a bit?
    Also sorta wondering if there's anything I can do until that comes out? If I have to recharge the q-suit pieces parts of the grid start shutting down. (like power to the forestry fermenter)

first: I know there's this old thread and system but that one never worked right for me and also required 3 MFSU's. Given i'm a more than a bit starved for diamond this isn't exactly an option.
    I do have one MFSU already and I was wondering if there was a clean and easy way to have "spare" power go to a Mass Fabricator. Right now my system is a bit of a mess and can't handle a massive power dump from the MFSU. (like say... recharging q-suit stuff)
    I've been trying to come up with something for a while now and drawing a big blank (having a derp moment.. gimme a break) and was wondering if anyone had any insights?
    Right now I just have one energy source but i'd like to eventually add at least one more. (nuclear! make stuff glow! :) ) Assume power comes in as HV (via a wind farm, EV packets and a HV transformer)
    Ideally it involves a MFSU that feeds all my gear but i'm open to suggestions here. I could probably scrape together enough diamond to build another MFSU if needed.

Im merely just too lazy to get it off my linux root into my linux vm and then into windows, its a bit time intensive and since there are a couple people playing on it once in a while i dont want to take the server offline.
    I look into recreating a larger version in a offline world.

heh. tottally understand the lazyness :)
    though I think these commands will work:
    save-off
    save-all
    <insert tarball making here>
    save-on

i've got a backup script that does that on a daily basis. (script is called from /etc/cron.daily and injects the commands into the server session via screen)

They are very rare but when they spawn they come in a group of like 10 trees (atleast in my world ^.^)
    You could also install Singleplayercommands and fly a bit around in your world to check if there really no rubber trees

I found a bunch in a swamp biome (i'll assume that this is 1.0 as nobody mentioned it) in the world I play on.

Course right now i've got 22 stacks of 64 RP2 rubber tree wood with another that grew and is waiting for harvesting. I haven't even been using sticky resin lately, I just drop a stack of the RP2 rubber tree wood into the extractor when I need more. (sure it's 1:1 and takes a while but i'm usually in no rush)

Im currently using IC2, MultiPageChest, Advanced Machines and RP2.

I cant upload a save, cuz this is built on my server, you could however join the server, just shoot me a PM for the details.

err... huh? SMP worlds can easily be loaded in Single player fine. I did such last Friday trying to locate and odd save corruption issue on my server.
    You just start with an empty inventory is all. (this doesn't affect any player's inventories)

Really hope this addon will be updated soon. It's looking like PC's mod won't be around for much longer in MC form, and this will be our only way to convert IC-BC energy...

Really? Why's that?
    Right now the only reason i'm using PC's version is because it was available. I much prefer this one as the regulator pipes enable a little power to go a lot further due to the wastefulness of BC machines.
    Although I have sorta started switching things over to Forestry's electric engines. I rather like those as they only take a fixed 6 EU/t.

You've got the same problem I had with a couple BC (addons/sub-mods) it's loading before IC2 and thus can't find the bits of IC2 it needs in the classpath.
    On Linux the only way to use BC or IC sub-mods reliably is to stuff BC and/or IC into the (client/server) jar. *very* annoying as it makes updates a right pain. It looks like the ModLoaderMP author (aka captain lazy ass) isn't going to fix this. I'd suggest bugging him about it in a PM, maybe if enough people bug him about it he'll decide to fix it. (so far he's just been making BS excuses)

edit: ok, after a full week of badgering the author of ModLoaderMP (and a full week of lame excuses) has *finally* said he did the (like 2-6 line tops) fix and is sorting the file list. Not sure if the forum post has been updated yet though.

Just now, I took your advice and I updated to the new ModLoader; just to be safe, I re-modded a clean bukkit server file; ModLoaderMP first, followed by MC Forge, and then IC2 and BC. I overwrote my old bukkit server jar with this new file, dropped the most recent download of Advanced Machines in the 'mods' folder, and tried again. I got the same string of errors.

aroo? the *only* thing that should go into a bukkit .jar is ModloaderMP and the forge. everything else goes in the mods folder.

only vanilla needs to stuff IC2 and BC into the jar and even then only on Linux due to the lack of sorting by mr. lazy author of ModloaderMP.