Posts by Viper8797

SPLITTERCABLES!!!
    Can nobody read the frikkin OP. Why did i even write it, when nobody is reading it? [/rage]Sorry, but i had to get loud. Now i know how Rick must feel with his Nuclearreactor-Thread

Just hook up a Splittercable on the Outputside, right after the HV-Transformer and power it with Redstone, before you fill your Fusionreactor with Energy.

I read that and did it. Maybe because there was some wire before the splitter-cable...

EDIT: Dafuq? is there any sort of bug with IC2? my MFSU are getting powered up at random, even after i chopped off the wire!

Why do all those people who suggest Stuff, stealing my Ideas right before i wanna implement them? My Ingamereactorplanner can already work as Reactorblueprintdatabase, i wanted to improve it by adding Datadisks to it, in the next Version of my Addon.

And PIS isnt "pain in the ass", PITA is "pain in the ass".

Also its "HAYO!" and not "HYATO!". We are not a japanese Carcompany.

There will always be people that dont know everything about a mod and his addons, despite experience.

No need to flame it, atleast he's not a tinpitcher.

Not much to say here, bye

Oh no not again. I get spammed with that Suggestion and can only answer, that this will not get added soon.

What were you expecting? When you're good at something, people usually spam you to do more.
    If nobody did, that meant you sucked.

Still, has greg-tech enjoys making enhancements of common IC2 items, it would be normal to add this, when you feel ready and if you like it.

Viper8797: "Ironmansuit" is already part of the Gravisuit-Addon, i dont wanna destroy that. But i will add Craftingsupport to it, as soon as its updated.

I've checked the gravisuit addon, and to be honest, im disapointed.

Its an armor that can fly and recharge your tools. I see no reason to use it has a excuse (and its outdated, a lot)

not the same this as a nucler-power machine that can shoot rockets trough the arms 8) . Also, it wouldnt be a armor, but a machine. (faster than a regular playing walking, slower than sprinting)

Its obvious disadvantages vs quantum: Can explode, relies on power generation and uranium, is big and noisy. Sort of TF2 Heavy.

No problem, if you dont want to, im not gonna burst trough greg -tech HQ and force you to do it (Or will I?) Only if i use my flying Oil-powered toilet (something from childhood).

Still, please reconsider, and above of all, have fun with your addon! :D

Hey greg, whats up?

This addon is awesome, greg-tech is a company with future :D

I have a suggestion, its featured here: Power Suit and Tool Modifications

Ignore the tool upgrades, but what do you think of THE MECH.

For short: a Machine, with a nuclear reactor (plus all the concepts involving nuclear engineering), You cant power it any other way.

You enter it, open a GUI for uranium and reactor assembling, and another for weapons and tool placement. Used in a mech, any IC tool will waste power, increase the heat, but performe better. A array of things you can do. Mining laser in one hand and a drill in another for nice mining. A mining laser and a nano saber, two jetpacks in the legs for death-machine.

The camera will display in a sort of computer (kinda JARVIS).

I know nothing bout code, but you seem to know something, is it codeable?

Great suggestion to remove quantum armor being like a tier 10 items with a mod that goes to like tier 2?

Sorry, due to your communication skills (no offense) im having a hard time understanding what you are saying.

In case you are being sarcastic, and think this is a bad idea, bear this in mind: it would NOT remove or REPLACE quantum-armor, it would be two different things (assuming it gets to be a machine), like a rifle and a sniper, depends on the context.

For quick get-in-get out stealth mission, quantum armor would be WAY more effective.

This suit would be rather slow (faster than walking, slower than sprinting), but having the need of nuclear engineering and the danger of exploding, being more usefull in heavy - short combat situations.

In case you arent being sarcastic, explain yourself better please.

Assuming that you wont get sued by Ironman, the last part. I like. A LOT.

Tools with a GUI and upgrades would be excessivelly complex, and a bit boring...

But a mech... ME GUSTA :thumbup: .

I support that it should be a machine instead of a armor, but only if its easier to code. I want a awesome room where i use computercraft to use a secret pannel and open a secret room with my Mech suit.

I can imagine myself with a nano saber in a hand and a mining laser in the other, jetpacks in my feet and a missile launcher in the ass <death fart>

SMP TERROR

*suggestion, heat increases in the reactor with each tool use... TO much HAYO, and boom

If the devs dont support this, i want a addon, do you know someone with coding skill?

Maybe greg, i guess it would be usefull for greg tech to Exterminate, i mean, <convince> some miners to hand you over some resources

Just had a thought. The town could start with nothing but standard equipment (furnaces, crafting tables, etc) but by trading with the player they could obtain metal and redstone they need to industrialize. On their own they aren't capable of gathering those materials for some time, meaning that players can't just raid their towns for supplies without having given them the materials themselves.

Sounds nice! These villages should be something good to have around, instead of raping them of everything rometelly usefull.

YOu could do things like trading machines with them, resources, even selling and buying power!

Altough, im a bit spectical, after all... Millenaire is a huge mod on its own, having something like that as an addon... would require a lot of coding skill.

This would be a funny addon...

I can imagine myself wearing commando&qsuit gear and paradropping into a town-s power plant, setting charges all over the place, and then walk slowly away with a big explosion on my back, as the towns light go black... BADASS.

Altough, most of the people pretty much rape the villagers already... Wheat, booshelves, chests... If the town had macerators, generators, transformers, cables, it would be weird to see the city getting raped of everything...

With "automation" I mean machines like the miner, pump, crop-matron etc. They require no user input once set up. Not sure I see the difference between BC and IC2 in this regard?

But yes, I prefer to think of IC2 as something else, beside automation, I love the machines(and now also love the farming) and I can't imagine playing minecraft without IC2, hence I'm still playing 1.2.5. It's the top mod for me. I barely even use BC since I don't like how the fuel, oil etc works and that the machines aren't compatible across the mods, which makes it tedious and annoying to use "cross-over" mods, because they're just awful and clutter up the world with even more machines.

Well, according to that logic, furnaces are also automated...

I don't know about adding any "difficulty" to the game if the machines were to break. What I mean is that IC2, BC, RP2 etc are all about automation so in the "long" run it would only be a slight nuisance. However if you're not using miners, quarries, frames and you're manually mining then it would be a BIG hit losing machines like that. Just think of how annoying the wrench can be if it fails to dismantle a machine at early stages in the game.

Well, I'd be careful to mention IC2 is about automation on this particular forum...

You are both confusing Industrial-craft with Build-craft. Industrial craft is NOT about automation, it doesnt even have a transport system, and the redpower transport sucks.

Strong points:

Buildcraft- Automation
    Industrial-craft- Electricity
    Redpower- Redstone and aesthetics

Industrialcraft is centered around the electricity, and its system its the best.

So, ill make a resume of my personall expectations:

- Well maintaned machines will work faster and consume less EU, also, they produce less noise.

- Under-Maintaned machines will work slower, consume more EU, and be Noisier

- Machines in horrible conditions (only happens in what, 2-3 mc weeks without maintanance?) will be NOISY AS HELL, work SLOW, Consume much more EU, and have a random chance of breakdowns (the machine isnt destroyed, it just will not work till you fix it.

Components:

-Spare parts: made of a mix of copper, iron and tin, right clicking a machine will improve its conditions.

- MAchine oil: made of slimeballs and bone meal (suggestion), they will reduce the rate at wich the machines weardown. after 1 week (?) the oil effects will disapear.

Also, something to consider: Spare parts will be less effective the less condition the machine has. This effect will only be significant in a large time lapse (there will only be a noticeable difference in about 2 weeks)

Excuse me. I missed that moment when automation was considered to be "bad".
    I mean, come on! This is INDUSTRIAL craft, and what kind of industry it is supposed to be without automation? ManufacturingCraft?
    Anyways, idea is not that bad, but possible implementation may be horrible. And I just confused about that "Herpderp, automation is bad!!! Kill it with fire!!!

Automation is not bad, its a part of Industrial craft and the Core of Buildcraft, as you pointed out. The problem is when people start doing automated devices for everything, simply firing it and never worry again. No maintenance check-up, not even decent access to the machines.

When you set an Industry in real life, machine maintenance is something to be aware of.

Also, personally, i think that the rates should be REAL low, like 1,5 minecraft weeks before you even CONSIDER starting to do maintenance.

Also, it could be a well implemented, interesting system. To increase a machine condition, you right-click it with spare parts. Maybe you could use a machine of sorts to turn Buildcraft Oil into Lubrification Oil, that would reduce the rate at which your machines weardown.

It wouldnt be a annoying repetitive task, but rather something rare, and machines recently fixed could have a "speed" boost.

Wow... For once we are in the same side :D

I totally agree, machine weardown and respective maintanance is a real factor in real life. Also, it would encourage people to build their machines and cables with maintanance acess.

Also, for the real HUrr Durr Autocraft players, by using a redpower combination you can build a automatic maintance system, after all, you are playing the game to have fun and resolve challanges, not to sit in a chair and watch "automatic" stuff going trough.

So the ic2 developers "must" waste time introducing a feature that its already in another mod just to make your life easier?

But then again you can't configure Forestry to disable most stuff in it including world gen ores and ignoring the rest of the stuff... oh wait... /sarcasm

I admire your ability to, whatever people say, find a comeback.

Read my first post, i clearly said that this should only be done if the devs think its worth it, we mustnt forget that we arent paying them after all (only if you donated)

Oh, and installing forestry to have backpacks, its like buying a mac because your anti virus expired... (i am planning on having forestry, but all the industrialist updates sounded nice to me, i often run out of inventory when mining the new awesome ic2 ores and stuff (im too lazy to build a simple chest with pipes) :P