Posts by Viper8797

Uhmmm.... I kinda like it...

Instead of two bars, have just one , where the "0 value" is in the middle, and negative numbers are represented by ice flocks, and positive by fire icons

I dont honestly yhink you should be set on fire because of excessive temperature, lose health instead.

The termal regulator with a Area effect is a must, one can (maybe with an overclocker?) increase the area effect (this machines would get the temperature as close to 0 value as possible.

Also, caves should make you cooler, except when you get near to bedrock, to simulate the earth core temperature.

BUT off course, this must be in the config avaliable to turn off.

Logic?

THIS IS MINECRAFT!!!

WE dig mountains and put them into a chest. We dig 3k Cubic meters worth of rock and we carry it in our pockets.

Sorry, but this would be useless. Probably the dusts wouldnt even be enough to compensate over the costs of the bench. It would be bad and noone would use it.

As well, much things in minecraft have an industrial conterpart, so why dont give brewing another one. That would also be a chance for some new plants, and maybe even some multiblock devices.

Oh god... you did it... Madmen... THIS IS MADNESS!! YOU SUGGESTED MULTIBLOCK MACHINES IN IC FORUM!!! Havent you hear the tales? people who sugges that, and then, boom, nobody ever sees them again! ;( I will miss you. (jokes aside, Multi block machines were shot down several times because of lag)

One thing i like about this idea is how easy it connects to other ideas, addons and suggestions. Industrium conflict, medicine, better agriculture, PvP, mad scientist labs, there is a lot of things you can fit into this idea!

Yes, thank you for your support and suggestions (im surprised i havent been showed the bannerhammer given how awfull my suggestions usually are)

But its true: You can do many chemicals, poisons and acids with everything you have just in your backyard, the problem is to find a good combo. You can predict the effects of some things, but not totally predict the result. Thats like IC Beer, heck, its like Real life chemistry. The point of this would be to do complicated and awesome chemical mixing in order to obtain solutions with a effect you think you know, but may end just doing the complete opposite. Mixing two X things doesnt always give you a combine X thing, somethimes you may just end with a Y.

MC potions are about getting awkward ingredients and consult a wiki, just that. IC Beer is about finding a good porporsion to get benefits, but there are few ingredients and not much buffs (not to mention a lab is cooler than a brewer basement)

This would be somewhat like beer, but with more buffs, and more risks, and more SCIENCE!(not to mention we could name the components the way we would like, something like AlbaTye or Hayoish acid :P )

Thats the point. Potions arent industrial, this suggestion is about a new system, sort of like the beer system, but centered around chemicals and SCIENCE! in our modern world, mixing a eyeball with a plant would most likely give you a disease or some sort of natural effect, but im talking about advanced chemicals.

Also, i want to start a "Viper Corporation" and develop a "V-Virus" to make Stevies stronger, but have it going bad and releasing a infection. ^^

I dont know if it is codeable, but can we have potions that are labeled as Unknown potion, or unedintifiable potion? Poisons are basically useless unless in splash form...

well, i dunno, i guess whe can think something out of it...

Better versions of vanilla effects...

Less damage from players,
    Less damage from mobs,
    More crop yelds,
    Posions that seem to do nothing, and after a time cause near instant death,
    Sickness poisons, causing allucinations, like hearing explosions, attacks that dont exists (like the Spy's grenade in TF classic)
    Rage effect (Awesome damage and Ultra health, when it runs out... You will be KO for a while...

What i also liked (beyond the fact i can be in a white coat with a evil laugh "MY FORMULA! THEY TOLD ME IT COULDNT BE DONE! I WILL SHOW THEM!! MUAHAHAHAHH!!!") is that you can easily link it to other suggestions.

Remember that "copper dust" that would kill vegetation, e.t.c? Guess how it could be done?

You could develop better fertilizers, War chemicals (for industrium conflict), dity bombs, Acid bombs e.t.c...

So, when mojang added potions, it was quite nice. Get the awesome magical items and mix them to create potions, that give you buffs. Simple and effective.

Tough, there is one word IC is against, the forbidden word, magic.

Magic items mixing in order to make potions sounds like wizard magic. So i suggest, how about a industrialist way to make potion-like substances!?

Use the extractor to remove substances from plants or dusts from ores and mix them in industrial labs to create chemicals that give you buffs. It would consume EU, and in general, be a more rational and Ic-ist way to do potions.

I recall that once there was a suggestion, very well elaborated that talked abouth PH, substance mixing, in general, chemistry in IC. It would be a very good base for this concept.

I dont expect this to get approved (at least so soon), even less incorporated, but i wanted to give my opinion and hear yours about it.

Shall I rage again because one said the bad Word? Yes I should:
    IT'S LUMINATORS!!!
    THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ILLUMINATI!!!

Or MAYBE THEY DO! :?:

WHAT IF THEY ARE ULTRA TOP SECRET DEVICES SHOWING THE ILLUMINATTI HOW TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD?!?!? OR WHAT IF THEY PRODUCE ANTIMATTER?! (kudos if you get the reference)

You never know... Iluminators... Iluminatti.. COINCIDENCE!? I THINK NOT (double kudos if you get another reference)

Back to the suggestion: i support it. Some awesome coloring would be nice.

Well, as sayd before, this would be too much for work for almost nothing, after all, Wood is kinda easy to get, even in automated forms.

If you want diferent colours, use the PaintGun mod (http://www.minecraftforum.net/…age__st__20#entry18770977) it is neat, almost conflictless and has awesome TP compatibility.

I wouldnt say no to a bush that produces apples, but the Mo' crops mod and familiar ones do that very well...

And about the sticks to planks, the best would be 4 sticks - 1 plank or 6 sticks - 1 plank, in order to make it a not as good way to get wood, but i have no idea how can we code a machine that requires 4 of X in order to produce Y, speacially because you could just remove the sticks in the middle of the operation...

Nice! im amazed nobody did this before...

Suggestion:

Magnetizer next to a fence patch (no barbed) will electrify it. THe more fence, the more power required, with a cap (like 30 blocks? i dunno).

The difference between this and barbed wire? Hit it and you will recieve damage (this fence is only blowable, thus PvPer's cant sneak)

According to the wiki, the MInecraft world is 9,258,235 times the size of the surface of the Earth. After that The Generator math startes to go waky and then... Just air. After that is endless air, the generator auto-regenerates , but you cant walk in there (Witouth placing blocks, OFC)

I Dare you all (Or you two) to reach the farlands... ON FOOT!

And i double dare you to reach the farlands on one side, then go all the way to the farland on the other side (From North Farlands to South Farlands for example)... On foot too.

Why are you screaming ON FOOT?... Beyond that the only locomotion system is a pig (not effective), or a cart (wich you need to lay down, so its pointless)

I think its weird to ear people talking about "english courses"

I know my english from regular school and games handled the rest 8)

Eu acho estranho ouvir pessoas a falar de "cursos de inglês".

Sei o inglês que sei através das aulas normais e os jogos trataram do resto 8)

Theres also too much space in a minecraft world to make it an actual issue.

Well, global pollution is a fact, but local pollution is a fact aswell.

Living next to a coal generator isnt the same that in the middle of a forest.

Pollution should be a rater local factor. Plants grow slower and not as good, The sky gets darker (solars lose usefullness) and eventually players take disadvantages.

(MC world is extimated to be around the same size that the surface of Uranus (no puns about you being a "certified asshole :D )

I was assuming that default IC2 uranium was a mixture of Uranium-238(The most common isotope) and Uranium-235 with 238 being the larger part of the mixture as I have not seen anything about what isotope of uranium IC uranium is.

Uranium 238 is more common, however, it is stable, its not radiactive, useless In Nukes and Nuclear reactors. Uranium used in reactors and nukes is uranium 238 HIGHLY enriched in Uranium 235 (the 238 is there to make sure there isnt too much radiation, i guess).

As IC uses Uranium in reactors and nukes, i guess its the 235, however 235 has less neutrons than 238, hence it would be cheaper, use the 238 for referall :D

Having Nuclear Waste doesn't exactly make it "Clean" you know?

Its "clean" because it does not necessarially pollute.

Store that Waste in a speacial bunker and it wont be harmfull.

Fossil Fuels have the caracteristic of releasing Chemicals into the atmosphere, its basic for their functioning...

Just for the record:

Nuclear Energy is clean. The only pollution is its Steam and the Nuclear waste, which is stored in safe bunkers (old URSS dumped em in the ocean)

Maybe a nuclear reactor would, in time, increase the chances of rain in a area...

Protons and neutrons are set based on the element and you need a certain amount of them to get a new element. If you put an element into an input slot it will show you how many protons and neutrons are in an atom of each element.

SCIENCE FACTS:

Uranium 235 (fissile kind) has:

143 Neutrons
    92 Protons

Is this real in the addon? Uranium SHOULD be expensive...