Posts by Viper8797

Seems neat. However, which are the possible outcomes of this operations? And try to avoid making it look too much to UU matter, please.

NIce work anyway.

EDIT: Silly mine. So this enables you to obtain ANY item by placing two other and using lots of power? sounds too OP. Maybe placing better items enables higher chances. Using coal to get Diamonds its slightly different than using two Uranium...

Hei, greg, i just came by to drop a suggestion.

So i was thinking around the fussion and fission reactions and i came with a idea:

For those who arent familiar, there are two types of nuclear reactions: Fusion and Fission. Fission is the one used in regular Nuclear bombs and reactors. It involves a heavy atom splitting into lighter ones, releasing large amounts of energy in the process. Nuclear Reactors split small ammounts of uranium, using that energy to boil water, make steam and produce energy. Nuclear Bombs split large ammount of Uranium in order to release Larger ammounts of energy, by other words, Boom.

Fusion reactions smash two or more light atoms (usually Helium or Hidrogen), creating a heavier one and releasing more energy than on a fussion reaction, however, this reactions need more energy to start, that's why they arent used in reactors (except in Gregs Fusion reactor, which consumes energy to start). They are used in ThermoNuclear bombs, which use a regular nuclear bomb, to trigger a fusion reaction.

So, there's my suggestion: ThermoNuclear / FusionNukes. The recipe uses a nuke (or more), Helium, E.t.c (already obtainable in the fusionreactor).

This would be expensive (considering the price of nukes in this addon and the cost of said components as helium cells) , but creating a Bigger blast than a Nuke. Easy and simple.

See my suggestion as that thing, only without the multi-blocks. It wouldn't be as beautiful but would have the same utility.

As i said, a armor is not the same thing. Not as scary as seeing a 3 blocks tall monster firing rockets from one hand, lazers from the other and torpedoes from the butt. :D

I would love to see multi-block mechs. Like in the Avatar movie, those badass walking tanks.

Still, multi-block, so i guess we wont have it (and a armor its just not the same).

As much as i would love to see multi-block machines, those arent implemented into the game in order to preserve the sake of the old computers. Not everybody has a good machine and not everybody can buy a new one.

Maybe as a sort of addon, or as a config file, the windmill stuff even sounds nice, and watermills producing more power by moving water was already suggested and i believe its incoming. Machine maintanance could become a huge boring thing, if badly implemented, and it gave a huge discussion.

On one side:

-Automation rulez, i dont wanna check my machines, they should work forever.

On the other:

-its more realistic, challenging, e.t.c (i support this)

Also, greg tech burning tin, is intended. Mention the word "tin" and "saving" on the same sentence, and pray that you're not on the same galaxy as Greg :P .

-snap-

Sorry, i was half-asleep.

What i meant is that the area that gets uninhabitable by said meltdown, is much larger than the explosion of any nuke we have. On the Pratical side. a Radiated area is worse than a exploded one.

Either directly OR indirectly, People still suffer with it. The ones who were directly exposed, fetus, the cost of recovery, e.t.c. Not a big deal, but still a deal. Chernobyl IS a problem, no arguing in that, and recently Fukushima. Also, The more recent nuclear devices are far worse in terms of radiation than the Bombs dropped in Japan.

My overall point: The danger of a Nuke or a Nuclear meltdown is far worse than a Crater on the ground and a "hunger" effect, it is the reason why much countries haven't got Nuclear factories already (besides the costs, wich are mostly security related, to avoid those situations).

Exactly.

Also, i only dont agree with the explosion part. Real life Nuclear reactors Do a big Boom (more than the 30-40 meter we get in MC (havent checked)), but the real reason a nuclear meltdown is dangerous is the radoactivity. EVEN today, nobody lives in Chernobyl, and Japan still suffers with the WW2 bombs.

I hope that one day we can get CPU friendly radioactivity, Nuclear reactors simple have too much Pro's (using the design planner you can make a 100% safe reactor witouth problems)

1st: It has already been sugested, use the search bar.

2nd: That doesnt mean its a bad idea. Radioactivity was denied for being too CPU intensive, but a "dust" (sort of a half block) that inflicts damage (or poison) sounds like a cactus and not too CPU intensive.

I would like to see Radioactivity, but i believe the devs are already busy, bug fixing, industrium conflict, so i wouldnt get my hopes up.

I support.

Filling crepper and common holes is a tedious, boring task and unworthy of a industrialist.

Nuff said, also, i enjoy the use of lava cells, water buckets + dirt would be too easy.

Yea, this could get messy in MP, with your turrets Zapping friendlies.

Maybe a GUI were you could define behaviour (lethal, explosivle, non- lethal, economic, fast fire ,e.t.c) and a slot were you could add players for the turret NOT to zap and a couple of buttons to define mob-interaction (spare villagers, hit cows, and so on)

Nice idea, the Tesla is awesome as a secret trap, but a unusable in SMP since it will zap EVERYTHING. (i had a fight in smp, were my teslas prefered to kill birds other than Hostile players :P )

Physics?

THIS
    IS
    MINECRAFT!!!

(kicks physics off the ledge)

Seriously, if you care so much about physics, why do you play minecraft.
    The reactor is simple and balanced, in goes uranium, out goes EU.

Simple

Hello IC2 forum, and before everything else, i DID use the search bar. Lots of terms and nothing like what im thinking showed up. So, here it goes.

We all now how awesome it would be to use luminators to light our houses. The problem is the wiring. It is space consuming and ugly. So i suggest the Wall-Wire.

This is a wire, crafted with TIN (not sure about the recipe). It can only hold Ultra low, or low voltage (?), and when placed on a block, it would have the same visual effect has string, occupies no space (maybe by giving that block the "EU flow" data?), and it would allow EU to flow trough that block, so that we can wire up our houses!

another thing, if we remove the wire without cutters, we will receive only some of the resources used to craft it.

It is pretty much it... simple, yet useful, has a torch next to a luminator makes no sence at all.