[Idea] Civilisation (cities in minecraft!)

• SO my idea is to implement cities that automatically spawn! They're like villages, but are full of different types of testificates that do jobs... They also have machines there...

Another implementation of this would be a factory...It would contain machines like macerators, batboxes (no higher than lower level machines).

Now to stop spamming of factories or cities, tehy would be quite rare! But it would add an element of wanting to find newer places more related to IC2!

• Official Post
    Quote from Alblaka

Before this turns into a hype: NO.

Alblaka's say on a releated Suggestion.

With Minecraft 1.3 it will be much easier to make an AI-Steve, which is building his own Base, but that's only one of my Plans for the far Future.

• This will never be added too ic2. However, an addon like this might eventually show up.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• I've never looked into it, but I wonder if it's possible to make a millenaire culture that would do this? Would be interesting to check out.

Theoretically it could be done. I looked into something like this last time I used Millenaire and didn't see anything that would stop it other than block ID problems. I don't know if anyone has ever designed a Millenaire Civ to use blocks from another mod though.

• Theoretically it could be done. I looked into something like this last time I used Millenaire and didn't see anything that would stop it other than block ID problems. I don't know if anyone has ever designed a Millenaire Civ to use blocks from another mod though.

From my understanding of Millenaire, the only blocks the villagers actually "use" (as in, actually interact with) is chests - everything else is just blocks being removed or placed while villagers stand next to them looking busy. As I'm writing this I've become uncertain as to whether they actually "use" furnaces, though - my initial thinking was that all of their crafting was done via "transmuting" the base items once they're in the village's system, but I think I remember them waiting around for things to finish smelting.

In any event, it would be probably pretty straightforward to let the villagers sell various Industrialcraft-type things, and place various machines and whatnot in their homes and workshops. The buildings would be downright easy, in fact; I'm pretty sure there's a very accessible tutorial to creating custom buildings for Millenaire somewhere out there. Actually properly utilizing the machines, though, not so much I think.

Still, it would be pretty awesome to see someone make a crossover along these lines.

• I'm quite sure they do actually use the furnaces, but I don't think it really matters if they do or not. Consider the crafter for example. If the crafter has access to the proper resources, he/she makes whatever he/she is supposed to, consuming the required resources. This could be applied to, for example, coal dust. If there's coal, the NPC with the macerator could just convert coal to coal dust using the same principal. I think I may give it a go when I have some time.

• I dunno... imagine if they started using proper machines etc. What would stop someone like me from going on a raiding spree raiding all villages I see and steal all their machines... Why would you look for a rubber tree when you can go straight to the source and just take what NPC's build. I'd turn into a bandit but villages wouldn't know it and let me in to raid them and them move on.

• I dunno... imagine if they started using proper machines etc. What would stop someone like me from going on a raiding spree raiding all villages I see and steal all their machines... Why would you look for a rubber tree when you can go straight to the source and just take what NPC's build. I'd turn into a bandit but villages wouldn't know it and let me in to raid them and them move on.

Good point. Even if you lose some of the machines when you wrench them it's still free mats. They'd need some kind of crime system that would cause them to become hostile if you did, maybe siccing Iron Golems on you or something.

• Or, they could have a "Millita", with Nano-Suits and Mining Lazors and NanoSabers, and some Tesla Coils as well... Probably would need to keep the items from dropping, as a well-done trap would get you basically infinite Nano-Armour...

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• If we get nano/quantum zombies in 1.4?

No offence, but if Alblaka adds in Quantum Zombies into IC2, I would run as fast as i could and hope that the suit wasn't charged.

• This would be a funny addon...

I can imagine myself wearing commando&qsuit gear and paradropping into a town-s power plant, setting charges all over the place, and then walk slowly away with a big explosion on my back, as the towns light go black... BADASS.

Altough, most of the people pretty much rape the villagers already... Wheat, booshelves, chests... If the town had macerators, generators, transformers, cables, it would be weird to see the city getting raped of everything...

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Just had a thought. The town could start with nothing but standard equipment (furnaces, crafting tables, etc) but by trading with the player they could obtain metal and redstone they need to industrialize. On their own they aren't capable of gathering those materials for some time, meaning that players can't just raid their towns for supplies without having given them the materials themselves.

• Just had a thought. The town could start with nothing but standard equipment (furnaces, crafting tables, etc) but by trading with the player they could obtain metal and redstone they need to industrialize. On their own they aren't capable of gathering those materials for some time, meaning that players can't just raid their towns for supplies without having given them the materials themselves.

Sounds nice! These villages should be something good to have around, instead of raping them of everything rometelly usefull.

YOu could do things like trading machines with them, resources, even selling and buying power!

Altough, im a bit spectical, after all... Millenaire is a huge mod on its own, having something like that as an addon... would require a lot of coding skill.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.