Posts by Blaster

I think I'm going to go ahead on a Survival Island run, mainly because I haven't done one since beta days, and I've never done it with mods. Right now the planned pack looks to be

Greg Tech 6
    IC2
    Mariculture
    Chisel 2
    Mekanism
    Immersive Engineering
    Magical Crops
    Project E
    Agricraft
    Botania
    Thaumcraft + addons
    Blood Magic
    Minechem
    RF Tools
    Chocolate Quest
    Advent of Ascension
    Flans Mods's Futurecraft
    Tropicraft
    Forestry + Bee addons
    AE2 and addons
    Orespawn

Yes, I know some of the mods are broken, I don't care about broken mods as I like to have fun, if I have to work to get OP things, I'm fine. My goal is to use every part of all the mods. Anything else people recommend or want to see in this run?

The thing with the hazmat suit in the night doesn't make any sense. Why would you need armor against radiation in the day, but not at night?

I am going off my memory of a challenge on an unofficial app several years ago, and between then and now the reviews site and my final year of studies before Uni happened. That is something I do recall though, but I don't remember the reason why, I think it was what Blub said and that it was a lack of an ozone layer.

I'm considering designing a challenge for Minecraft, nothing special like a map, but a challenge run. A while ago I herd of a challenge that was basically a night run. Because of Nuclear Fallout, you can't go out in the day so you have one day to collect outside resources and then from there, you can only go outside at night. One other rule included "No Wood or dirt doors, only metal piston (this was designed for vanilla) doors". We could expand on that, with mods and for my eventual review of Minecraft, I do want to do a challenge run so I ask you, what mods would you use for this challenge and what rules would you set. Personally, I think a good rule would be the only way you can go outside in the day is in some sort of armor that protects you from the radiation, Hazmat suits are one use only, but armor like Quantum power suits, or mech suits like those in Flans Mods Futurecraft pack would protect you.

EDIT: Though I am considering doing a Survival Island Run

Before I ask this, a bit of context (mainly for my own sake)

Earlier in the year, I got a request to do a review of Friendship games, as I said I wouldn't do any more with the series unless asked to. As there are talks for it to be a video review (as I don't want to do a ninth post on the series alone), I need to look for a particular piece of software for a thumbnail.

Long story short, and I doubt anyone here would know, can someone point me in the direction of a MLP EQG character generator that allows gender as an option for customization?

On a side note, no I am not a brony and the reason I ask here is because I'd rather ask in a community I'm more involved in, to see if there are any who know before I ask a community I'm not.

Out of curiosity, would anyone be willing to help with the quest design for a new map... sadly the people I was making the last one for decided they wanted a HQM skyblock, so all my work on the last one had to be scrapped (though I plan to bring back some ideas)

If it helps, Three mods I need help with in terms of quest design are Advent of Ascension, Ore Spawn and GregTech.

Out of curiosity, would anyone be willing to help with the quest design for a new map... sadly the people I was making the last one for decided they wanted a HQM skyblock, so all my work on the last one had to be scrapped (though I plan to bring back some ideas)

Just imagine that alarm playing the Nyan cat music instead of that alarm.
    That would be cool on a real reactor when the alarm starts and you're like: Shit, that's the Nyan Cat of boom.

it would also make a good troll on servers, having someone's most hated song encased in warded stone, never ending until the one who set it stops it.

The only thing that could make this perfect is if I can get something to automatically change the alarm tune.

EDIT: While not NC, I did find a way that, in theory, should do what I need it to do.
    Computercraft monitor- Turtles next to chests with a jukebox on top. In those chests, custom music disks

You could just use a Resource pack and a command block to play the sound.

True, though it may be the AV tech in me, but speakers working as juke box range expanders would look cool, especially in like market areas where they could be designed to look lie a PA system.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a mod that allows sound files added to a file to be played via some sort of in game speaker?
    Preferably, this could be expanded to play the folder like a playlist