You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds: v2.0/2.1/2.2 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 → jenkins)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DrRed

Zoo Keeper at GregTech Intergalactical

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 12:52am

MystCraft needs Dense Ores and most ore block pages to be disabled in order for it to be truly 'hardcore'.

EDIT: and the Oil page.

EDIT2: Is IC2 364 the most stable? I thought it was 374

EDIT3: It doesn't have any bee Addons?!?!

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 12:55am

@jokermatt999, I didn't experience the crash for myself as I don't play with tinkers construct, but from what I've read, how did it damage you in any way, if you were even one of the ridiculously small amount of people who got the crash? mDiyo changed a fully configurable nerf, that many people including myself enjoyed, he made it so you could not play with the nerf with gregtech and his mod, even though if you didn't want to you could turn it off in the Gregtech.cfg

I agree mDiyo screwed up with that one, however it's his derp, and it should not be Greg who fixes it. If he (I mean Greg) had just left it alone, I'm sure a lot of players would have nagged mDiyo to death until he removes the anti-nerf or at least makes it configurable.
Frankly, I find it insulting that mod authors wage their private little wars with my ass on the line.

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 12:56am

Oh, that's kinda cool, actually.

Though, honestly, I think mystcraft should be removed entirely... Dimensional doors accomplishes all the non-over powered aspects of Mystcraft, but in a much cooler way.

I also personally hate all the extra biomes mods (such as BoP) since they're just useless and invite incompatibility, but I've gotten used to it...

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 1:01am

They damage the spirit of cooperation, they damage the trust that modpacks don't contain malicious code

Considering that such 'spirit' of cooperation was forced unto the mod community in the first place, do you honestly think that they will respect it now? The mods don't need modpacks. Developers know this. If Greg wants to create an autonomous (yet Forge Compatible) mod that nerfs anything, you can't honestly stop him from doing so. The only thing you can do is drop his mod from the packs...

But you won't, because that's less content for you to have, and such reduction in mod usage is "unheard of". And thus you come here and bitch that Greg should 'play nice' with others. Why? Are you paying him to code? Are you compensating his time with some benefit? No, you aren't. The only thing you can argue is the (highly weak) idea that it's the 'right thing to do'. Which honestly, for a 'villian' like Greg (refer to his user profile btw for that reference), is not an argument that holds much wait. Of course Greg will be evil and nerf the shit out of this, that, and the other. It's his mod from his vindictive design. But there are people that like his design. That's why he continues to share it.

This is the price you pay for slamming any mod you find into a pack: you get to fall victim to every design change each and every mod starts to enforce after update. Guess what?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

Quoted

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor and GT Public Relations Manager

• "SpwnX" is male

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 1:01am

I'm sure a lot of players would have nagged mDiyo to death until he removes the anti-nerf or at least makes it configurable.
It would end on the same thing that happened with TC fortunesmelt and GT storageblock recycling and that was because it was a serious exploit.
However, greg would still have been spammed with "saw nerf config not working , fix it! "
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SpwnX" (Jul 20th 2013, 1:06am)

DrRed

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 1:03am

The pack should also have GateCopy and Rei's Minimap.

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 1:07am

I'm sure a lot of players would have nagged mDiyo to death until he removes the anti-nerf or at least makes it configurable.
It would end on the same thing that happened with TC fortunesmelt and GT storageblock recycling and that was because it was serious exploit.
However, greg would still have been spammed with "saw nerf config not working" , fix it!

Except there wouldn't be many ftb people spamming, because they wouldn't have known about it in the first place, I think that crashing wasn't the best thing to do but it could've been worse, and not doing anything wouldn't have been "right" either.

Edit: It's amazing how fast this thread went from full of flamers to none at all.

Andras757

Tree Cutter

• "Andras757" is male
  • Hungary

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 1:09am

The pack should also have GateCopy and Rei's Minimap.

If you have some ideas, try contact malice936

GregoriusT

Leader of GregTech Intergalactical

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 1:15am

Yes Greg, intentional crashes do cause damage. They damage the spirit of cooperation
Wait? Which Spirit of Cooperation? Was there some between mDiyo and me, before I did it? No there wasn't, as he already destroyed it. And then he revived it just to kill it again.
They damage the trust that modpacks don't contain malicious code
So far, not a single Modpack contained that Code. Also they couldn't contain that Code in a valid pack, as the Code would crash on startup.
above all they damage the users.
No they don't. I say it again if you don't get it: Crash != Damage. Not working under damaged circumstances != Damage.
Does the game work without reverting changes? No? Then it's broken. That's damage.
If it doesn't work as intended and is therefor broken, that is damage too.
You define it differently, but the vast majority of the user base does not.He changed a single recipe. Get over yourself. Your mod is not sacred.
There are several Mods out there, which modify GregTech. Do you really think I did anything to them? No I didn't.

The point in that was, that mDiyo didn't want to work together, and so I gave him exactly that. His reasons were just not existing. It was just a change to something that every single User already could change if needed.
Users having a working game should come before *everything*. That should go without saying. Multiple professional programmers have said on this topic what a breach of ethics it is to cause an intentional crash, and while you aren't shipping enterprise software, the principle of respecting the user still applies.
Yes, but a working Game also includes that there are no unexpected changes to something, what results into intentionally breaking Features. Also pretty much every large Mod crashes if Code got manipulated and nobody calls that malicious, so why is it malicous in my Case to detect if things got just broken?
You needed to stop him from doing something worse? What, like dicking over every single player that tried to use your mod by simply refusing to load?
No, it was to prevent him making even more unnoticed changes, which escalate in breaking everything, so that it doesn't work as intended.
You should be ostracized from the mod community, because you clearly cannot work with others if you think the nuclear option is the way to get what you want.
You might didn't see that, but I was never really a Part of any Community, due to preferring to work independantly myself.
Edit: To clarify, answer me this: If another mod reverted one of your changes, would you do this again?
Not in that way again.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.
Especially those prefixed by a stupid Friend request.

GregTech now in OPEN BETA

DrRed

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 1:21am

Eww, Modular Overpower Suits.

ShotoCloneMiner

Tree Cutter

• "ShotoCloneMiner" is male

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 1:35am

Greg, what you did was childish. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. You essentially made the client crash because you don't agree with the actions of another modder. You couldn't try working things out. You didn't try to be the bigger man. You just threw a hissy fit. You're a disgrace to Minecraft modding! Don't lie, I know you're just a little butthurt over someone doing the same thing as you, hypocrite. It has nothing to do with him doing something to make unnoticed changes that prevent your warped idea of "balance". Even if that really was the case, there were better ways to do it.

You simply just didn't get what you want, and you tried to weaponise your fans by forcing the client to crash. That's really what it's all about. You are a terrible liar, Gregory. You are one of the most transparent liars I've ever seen.
I'll show you the meaning of pain!

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 1:40am

My modpack still better :D btw finished the insanity challenges. Yes it's a new level of insanity not that easy thingy mode called ftb insane :X http://imgur.com/a/GthrI

Have to balance a few things and finish those story challenges but the pack is mostly bugfree and harder then anything else out there :P (In 1.6 with the nohealth gamerule even more painfull!)

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 1:50am

Hypothetically, if Eloraam suddenly reappeared, and crashed the game when RP2 and GregTech were loaded together because RP2 has the right to change Tungsten (it had it first), how would you respod?
Abandon RP2, as i already did loooong time ago.
RP2 is a nice mod indeed, but it is pretty much dead (to me) due the lack of updates and the amount of alternatives, which many of these alternatives (actually improvements) are offered by GregTech.
But would Eloraam's hypothetical actions be in the right or wrong?
They would be in the wrong. To crash the game just because GT uses tungsten as well would be stupid. Plenty of mods use copper. I don't see TE crashing with IC2.

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 2:12am

Hey, Greg just to let you know(if you dont already) IC2 is in pre release mode and i has link :)

IC2 pre-release link: http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/lastBuild/

-KnuckleSnackMan1

(ihasacookie!!!!, hey it broke my teeth >:( )
Since GregTech has NEI support in-built, i think Greg will probably wait until it is released to properly update GregTech.
You know Chickenbones is not updating till the people everywhere and all over da world(i are Jamaican man(not meant to be racist) ) stop asking to update soo..... it'l take awhile, yea a long while...... :'(

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 3:06am

I forgot what page it was on, but to the Tinkaboo, Adding a recipe is not childish and not what i was referring to, oh but you probably knew that but tried to direct away from the real problem, as fanboys tend to do. What i was referring to was forcing an override of an already configurable (and obviously named) feature without cause (yeah most people dont like nerfs cuz its not as easy as it was before, but some of us do enjoy the added challenge), agreeing to remove said code in a truce with Greg (who removed the code in question that caused the over the board crash reaction), he immediately re-adds it ("oh but its configurable!" but wait isnt that a moot point? oh only when GregTech is involved, apparently) and posts here basically taunting Greg, seemingly daring Greg to do something in reaction.

EDIT: Oh and before anyone says "but its too hard to find!", i havent delved into the GT configs since before they were changed, and i must say they are quite easily organized and the names (for the most part) are quite obvious as to what they affect. Found the config line for the wood nerf in under a minute (a magical tool i did use! ctrl+F with the word "saw")

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rrusciguy" (Jul 20th 2013, 3:16am)

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 4:07am

Everyone.
Shut.
The.
Fuck.
Up.
About mDiyo, he got himself kicked out of the Gregtech pack and the ultimate hard pack, it's over, who cares about the situation anymore, everyone go back to their respective mod forums and troll elsewhere, the situation is over.

Pwnie2012

hobby electronics engineer

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Location: At home; Ignoring *all* ftb dramas; Bending forge to my will in EC2

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 4:11am

OMG WHAT HAPPANED AGAIN? Another 10 sites?! cant everybody just fuck himself and stfu about this "important topic"?

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 4:14am

Sorry about that, they managed to tick me off quite a bit >_>

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor and GT Public Relations Manager

• "SpwnX" is male

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 5:27am

I'm commenting the configuration files, while separating most "useful" configs to the general config file.
The commented general config file is attached (zipped as IC² doesn't like .cfg)
I will comment the DynamicConfig Tomorrow.
Hope Greg adds it.

By the way, i've removed the "platesrequiredforarmor,tools,misc" from dynamicconfig and unified them into "platesrequiredforarmor=true/false" for example, probably someone who doesn't like plates would prefer turning all of them off at once. Unless you find a way for both to co-exist.

PS : I'm just randomly editing text, not that those will be the actual configs. It is more like a suggestion for better organizated configs. Aka GregTech config for dummies.
SpwnX has attached the following file:
  • GregTech.rar (11.89 kB - 40 times downloaded - latest: Aug 16th 2014, 11:54pm)
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech

Counter:

Hits today: 15,217 | Hits yesterday: 20,238 | Hits record: 111,506 | Hits total: 35,380,418