You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Foghrye4

Iron Miner

• "Foghrye4" is male

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 4:06pm

How should i use a variable "voltage" in

Source code

double injectEnergy(ForgeDirection directionFrom, double amount, double voltage)

in new IC2 API? Should i make so, that my machines would explode themselves, if voltage is exceeded maximum level for current tier? Or this variable is nessesary only for transformators or so?

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 5:37pm

Machines shouldn't explode, yet.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 6:27pm

Machines shouldn't explode, yet.

Well, what you could always do, is just 'enable' explosions yourself. (Make the explosion happen anyway.)

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 9:11pm

You typically ignore it, amount already accounts for it with the energy (amount) being voltage*current (*1 tick). It's for special purposes, not the average machine.

I'm aiming to handle overload mostly outside the block to keep it consistent. The voltage parameter is suitable to e.g. let a lamp glow brighter or auto-transformers.

Foghrye4

Iron Miner

• "Foghrye4" is male

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 9:49pm

You typically ignore it, amount already accounts for it with the energy (amount) being voltage*current (*1 tick). It's for special purposes, not the average machine.

I'm aiming to handle overload mostly outside the block to keep it consistent. The voltage parameter is suitable to e.g. let a lamp glow brighter or auto-transformers.

Thank you for answer. You aiming for concept - more voltage - more faster work machine? So instead of "upgrade" item and "transformer" item we use a machine specified item in special slot - as "lv motor" "mv motor" or "lv heating coil" for furnance and so on?

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 9:59pm

No not generally, compared to the old enet voltage = packet size, current = packet rate

There may however be a few things which take the voltage into account.

VirMan

maniacc

• "VirMan" is male

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 9:02am

sorry to revive old thread - but i found some useful info here ;) - anyway how new e-net will be solved ? - i like idea of more "real" solution like cable being capable of current (packets/tick) and voltage being isolation limit only. - is this the case of new e-net ? :) any disclosure how it will be done ?
Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
"Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

boyarkin

Tree Cutter

• "boyarkin" is male
  • Russian Federation

Sunday, April 17th 2016, 6:01am

creative tab

What name of ic2 creative tab? ( :Mining Laser: IndustrialCraft 2 )

Counter:

Hits today: 60,293 | Hits yesterday: 80,423 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,224,984