You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 20th 2015, 4:20pm

Electric Heat Generator & Blast Furnace HELP

So I made an electric heat generator and a blast furnace, I am fairly new to ic2 but I'm having trouble making the generator create heat for the furnace, I have copper coils in there but still nothing happens. I have the generator and furnace connected to cables which have a stable energy source from my windmill, but only the generator is connected to the wires, the furnace won't connect to them, is this suppose to happen? If not can someone help me?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BlackStar" (Mar 20th 2015, 4:30pm)

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Friday, March 20th 2015, 4:25pm

Make sure that the orange square of the blast furnace and the generator are touching.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Friday, March 20th 2015, 4:31pm

Make sure that the orange square of the blast furnace and the generator are touching.
I've done that already

MauveCloud

Coal Miner

• "MauveCloud" is male

Friday, March 20th 2015, 4:46pm

The IC2 blast furnace only needs heat, not electricity, so having the cables not connect to it is expected, and there are two ways to make it start building up heat:
1. Put some iron in it. (can be ingots, ore blocks, crushed/purified ore, or dust)
2. Give it a redstone signal.

Edit: for #1, you'll also need the compressed air cells.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MauveCloud" (Mar 20th 2015, 4:55pm)

Friday, March 20th 2015, 4:48pm

It worked, thank you so much :D