You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, November 14th 2016, 8:13pm

fluid pipes suggestions and "oil" drilling rig

I recently started playing with gt 5 un and wanted to pull my hair out! Machines blowing up or not being powered got frustrating. No worries! It takes some thinking, and that is what I love about this mod. The sloshing thing pipes do is off though. I set up a game running only greg, nuke control, and ic and found a lack of tanks. So I set up a 3x2x1 section of huge pipes, attached sensors and watched. The change I propose is that gasses expand and equalize (as they really do) and liquids equalize at the bottom to simulate gravity. The sloshing does simulate a fluid system losing prime but to see over a few buckets jump to the top with nothing in the bottom strays from the feel of realism. The only other thing I have a complaint about is the "oil" drilling rig. I have worked in that industry for 6 years, and have only seen a few wisps of crude oil swirl in the possum belly of the shakers. A rig is a glorified block-and-tackle. In most cases you have drilling rigs and production rigs. Some of the lower tier companies handle production as well as drilling to catch more work, but the point is a rig raises and lowers things. It DOES NOT handle any pumping. That is done after the production rig has installed pumping assembly, the well is flowing, a tree installed, the rig is gone. A pumping unit is hooked to the tree and does it's thing. To do the drilling process justice would be terribly difficult. Formation hardness and pressures, erosion, a fluid to stabilize the formation(drilling mud). But if in more likeness of a rig, it would be a multiplayer multblock. Now here I go sucking the fun out of things :(

Counter:

Hits today: 36,588 | Hits yesterday: 34,655 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,003,897