You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 21st 2013, 7:22pm

Wouldn't it be more effective to build wind towers from layer 182 upwards, and just add an additional column of torches for every 7 blocks you go up?

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, February 28th 2013, 6:34am

Wouldn't it be more effective to build wind towers from layer 182 upwards, and just add an additional column of torches for every 7 blocks you go up?
That wouldn't work well as it would generate the same energy as 181 layer towers, also if you try to stack them (having one tower above other), you might have some problems with obstructions... which i didn't manage to create a "design", yet.

Horizontal "towers" could be stackable, but i need to make an effective design first (which i'm currently too lazy [and busy] to do that).

Edit :
@Greg : Had to transfer my image files from photobucket to dropbox, one image on your post have to be changed :
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 6:00pm

Much moar Efficient.

hehe
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 7:45pm

Its called LagFREE.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 8:05pm

@SiriusKing: That Setup will stuck after a while.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Thursday, March 7th 2013, 6:14pm

@SiriusKing: That Setup will stuck after a while.
I Tested it for an hours, filled up the Crystal chest, then it got stuck, you are right, didnt notice that at first becuase i was using all the Cobble up instantly :P

Its called LagFREE.
I built 100 of them for my Super Cobble gen, Went down 1 FPS.
Only 1.

Also its Sirus D:<
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Thursday, March 7th 2013, 6:31pm

But wait, This one also gets Stuck:

@Greg : Had to transfer my image files from photobucket to dropbox, one image on your post have to be changed :
Nevermind, read the Disclaimer from the OP.
Herp Derp.
*Shoots self*

TrovadorUrbano

Child of automation

• "TrovadorUrbano" is male

Friday, May 31st 2013, 10:20pm

This is my "Tower" version of SpwnX cobblegen system i dont know if it produces lag but i dont think so

Spoiler Spoiler

As you can see, the system only needs a single repeater and the signal is sent via the redstone tube to all the block breakers, the pulse former its an addition that i made for an "antistuck" system

This is my "antistuck system" as you can see its only a latch with another repeater and pulse former (as far as i know the repeater is not needed but i left it) and the button (in the next image) helps to reset the system in case of stuck or to turn off if u need to change something or dont want to produce more cobblestone/scrap/uu-matter

I hope it can help and sorry if my english is the worst :D
I know my english is bad, but in reality, i talk spanish broh!

Industrial Miner

Supreme Cyborg with Gau-8 Avenger

• "Industrial Miner" is male

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 3:00pm

This is my "Tower" version of SpwnX cobblegen system i dont know if it produces lag but i dont think so

Spoiler Spoiler

As you can see, the system only needs a single repeater and the signal is sent via the redstone tube to all the block breakers, the pulse former its an addition that i made for an "antistuck" system

This is my "antistuck system" as you can see its only a latch with another repeater and pulse former (as far as i know the repeater is not needed but i left it) and the button (in the next image) helps to reset the system in case of stuck or to turn off if u need to change something or dont want to produce more cobblestone/scrap/uu-matter

I hope it can help and sorry if my english is the worst :D
I guess it depends on howmany blocks have to update at thesame time.
Cyborg Industries

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 3:17pm

Currently, Redpower Cobblegenerators are outdated. Now nearly everyone uses the extremely convenient Igneous Extruder (Thermal Expansion).
Except if you have "DisableStoneInRecycler" config on, which adds several stuff to recycler blacklist.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

TrovadorUrbano

Child of automation

• "TrovadorUrbano" is male

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 6:45pm

Herro again, a friend and I wanted to start a server, but the main problem is that all our friends have super-laggy-electrical-generation-tactics so I was wondering if i could translate your ideas to our language and also add some gregtech automation for begginers (and guys with demential-lag-electrical-tactics) tutorials
I know my english is bad, but in reality, i talk spanish broh!

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 9:17pm

You can translate it if you want. Some Ideas are outdated as they were for 1.2.5, but the general concept of Lag reduction works in every MC Version
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Epic Lulz

Copper Miner

• "Epic Lulz" is male

Friday, June 28th 2013, 3:25am

You can translate it if you want. Some Ideas are outdated as they were for 1.2.5, but the general concept of Lag reduction works in every MC Version
Except Redpower. Except Redpower.

Sunday, June 30th 2013, 9:30pm

Also, Applied Energistics replaces most of the kludgy auto-crafting automation. While it may not replace 100% of your item transportation, it does solve most of your sorting and storage issues as well as auto-crafting, even with other mod's machines.

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Monday, July 1st 2013, 3:43pm

Also, Applied Energistics replaces most of the kludgy auto-crafting automation. While it may not replace 100% of your item transportation, it does solve most of your sorting and storage issues as well as auto-crafting, even with other mod's machines.

Be sure, it will solve all your Problems, if you have enough raw materials, and combine it with Gregtecg in the ruight way.

Monday, July 1st 2013, 6:55pm

Be sure, it will solve all your Problems, if you have enough raw materials, and combine it with Gregtecg in the ruight way.

Who needs GregTech?

Export Bus for all your ores on your macerator, import bus on the front end. Export bus for all your dusts on your furnace, import bus on the front end. Auto-processing of ores complete. Sorting is handled automatically in your disk drive, and can be sorted in several different ways on the fly.

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 1:40am

Who needs GregTech?
Its not like you need gregtech only for automation...

Friday, July 5th 2013, 12:44am

Who needs GregTech?
Its not like you need gregtech only for automation...

Or for anything else, really... unless you somehow like system message spam

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Friday, July 5th 2013, 12:51am

Or for anything else, really... unless you somehow like system message spam
Oh that's why I love GT. Because I love spams :)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Jagoly

The King Penguin

• "Jagoly" is male

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 12:54am

GREG ADD NOW
My very own Role Playing Game Engine! Python and Pyglet! Works on Linux, Windows, and (probably) Mac!
https://launchpad.net/jagolyrpg

Counter:

Hits today: 15,546 | Hits yesterday: 35,349 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,346,986