You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

PaladinOne

All of them are me and all of me is them

• "PaladinOne" is male

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 3:08am

Hi Greg,

May I ask that you look into updating GT5 to support the newer Forge versions for 1.7.10 (Past 1355 I think?)

it would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!

Not going to happen; Greg doesn't keep old build environments. However, xbony2 did.
-A. H. / Paladin One
<entity>, Feed The Beast Wiki
Order is Progress

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 3:15am

Hi Greg,

May I ask that you look into updating GT5 to support the newer Forge versions for 1.7.10 (Past 1355 I think?)

it would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!

Not going to happen; Greg doesn't keep old build environments. However, xbony2 did.
Hi PaladinOne,

Thanks for the replay, I didn't realise this was the case so thanks for letting me know.

And thanks for the info about xbony2.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 7:21am

Wasnt BloodyAsp doing the GT5 Port?
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

PaladinOne

All of them are me and all of me is them

• "PaladinOne" is male

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 11:00am

I... can be a moron sometimes. Why did I say that was xbony
The GT5 port is entirely Blood Asp
-A. H. / Paladin One
<entity>, Feed The Beast Wiki
Order is Progress

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 11:13am

Hi moron.
Official GregTech wiki guy for the official FTB wiki: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech
Unofficial GregTech IRC channel: irc.esper.net #GregTech

Nexey_

Hot glue eater

• "Nexey_" is male
  • France

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 11:34am

Hi moron.
Ohi.

Quoted

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

xbony2

Copper Miner

• "xbony2" is male
  • United States

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 12:49pm

I would of fixed GregTech if the source code came with the gradle files since I'm too lazy to make new gradle scripts :P
Help the Official FTB Wiki reach 8000 9000 10,000 11,000 12,000 13,000 14,000 pages!

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background...

leagris

Builder

• "leagris" is female

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 1:06pm

Oh my no god, no master

I just finished reading, three pages of Dude and Drugs.

As mentioned, lots of things can be done with the new GT API, for those having borderline ideas of "tech" additions. Just do it yourself as a distinct mod/GT add-on.

Now Greg is having time and income issues, Gregtech can't evolve fast enough to suit/please users.
Lots of important things are missing to make it a final play-ready product anytime soon.

How about Greg giving Gregtech some new status. Get BloodAsp officially involved into the project, update license, allow more community help while retaining lead?

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 1:26pm

I just finished reading, three pages of Dude and Drugs.

As mentioned, lots of things can be done with the new GT API, for those having borderline ideas of "tech" additions. Just do it yourself as a distinct mod/GT add-on.

Now Greg is having time and income issues, Gregtech can't evolve fast enough to suit/please users.
Lots of important things are missing to make it a final play-ready product anytime soon.

How about Greg giving Gregtech some new status. Get BloodAsp officially involved into the project, update license, allow more community help while retaining lead?

I don't think Greg would want to lose his "one and only" status. Although, that would be the most logical solution - while Greg could still continue to innovate with his API, he could make it more open to the community, that's for sure.

дух ног слаб рук мощь зла
Glück für alle, umsonst, niemand soll erniedrigt von hier fortgehen.

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 1:49pm

I don't think Greg would want to lose his "one and only" status. Although, that would be the most logical solution - while Greg could still continue to innovate with his API, he could make it more open to the community, that's for sure.
Well it would be nice if blood adsp could help greg get his mod updated to gt6 :)

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 1:50pm

Well it would be nice if blood adsp could help greg get his mod updated to gt6 :)

I certainlz could help out with models, and my gf would gladly help with textures.

Blood Asp

Coal Miner

• "Blood Asp" is male

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 2:18pm

I'm sure Greg wants to keep his code in his hands and i can fully understand that.
Also i'm not sure if my skills are up to expand GT with it's current quality. The best will be for greg to work alone on the API while i try to expand the content based on that API with GTExtras and maybe other Mods. I also could write small guides about how to start modding using the Greg API, so others with basic java knowledge could write a small GT Addon in a few hours.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 2:30pm

I think helping him with non-code things like textures and models (models dont need to be coded, do they?) is the best the community could do.

Also +1 for the modding tutorial with GregAPI. This will indeed help expand GT addons.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 2:56pm

GregAPI Tutorial? Hell Yeah, this would also help understanding how GT stuff in-game works in detail!

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 3:18pm

Currently (that will change in a few months) the income is not a serious Issue, but time is (since I have a ton of things to be done).
Bloody works with the GT API, and even if he joined he would still work with the API. And since I don't like to command people around to do my bidding, I would leave the choice of Stuff to implement by him, resulting in the same Situation we have right now, which is basically an Addon.

Working in a Software Project Team is not like "We all work on the same Feature!", it is more like "Everybody makes a different Feature and we hope it works when we put it together!", and when everyone makes a different Feature we end up in Addons.

Just to clarify, I do like to command Robots around to do my bidding, I just don't like to do that on people.
I certainlz could help out with models, and my gf would gladly help with textures.
Models are a thing I need to do since they are programmed manually. I have no need in fancy Rendering Software, to put a bunch of Cubes and Cuboids together, and I would not want to have non-Cubes inside a Game like Minecraft.

Also either your Keyboard or your Brain switched to english Mode in the middle of typing the word "certainlz". :D
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 3:56pm

Working in a Software Project Team is not like "We all work on the same Feature!", it is more like "Everybody makes a different Feature and we hope it works when we put it together!", and when everyone makes a different Feature we end up in Addons.
Basically IC2? :P
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 4:10pm

I think that is an acceptable waz to go for GT. You have a great vision and mad 1337 API. I suggest that you move to development of the API entirely, and "outsource" the content in form of addons. Like, maybe an "approved addon" as the famous GT 5.0 port, which fits your vision. We love your mod, I mean, it's the first forum I have not left after 1 month of usage, and only because of your inspiring work. Maybe it's time to give GT another life?

Yeah, fucking german keyboards. Using eng layout for 6 years and switching to de layout isn't helpful.

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 4:15pm

Explanation for those not understanding what they are writing about: german keyboards have z y switched as you use z a lot more in german.

leagris

Builder

• "leagris" is female

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 4:15pm

I would not want to have non-Cubes inside a Game like Minecraft.

Vanilla Minecraft has its share of non-cubic features, so it would not break harmony:

Non-cubic features in Minecraft:
- Potion stands
- Plants
- Wall hang torches
- Levers and trap hooks
- Anvil
- Gates, bars, panes…
- Redstone stuffs.
- Signs with orientation

I'd mention early MC Tiles and multi-bloc and special vanilla features for the record:
- Signs and Chests where first tiles ever
- Doors and Chests where first multi-blocks. Doors where special because it is the only multi-block I know of that expand to multiple when placed.
- Nether portal was the first multi-block structure with more than two blocks.

I'd also mention placement dependent shape changing blocks:
- Fences, panes, stairs.

All telling this because some of these features while present in Vanilla MC, where late few expanded in mods.

Mine_Sasha

A ninja with a composite unbreakable armor made out of diamond and carbon nanotubes :3

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 4:20pm

@Axle : Oh god, chron dicease is terrible, sorry ;c Also, I will never do drugs as I care too much for my physical form ( sport ), and I only wanted drug in GT as a breaking bad reference ^^

Counter:

Hits today: 67,881 | Hits yesterday: 42,089 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,077,279