You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 11th 2013, 10:23am

Maybe Greg should stop trying to add an automation system into GregTech - there are several automation mods which work well already, including "BuildCrash", and duplicating all the machines in IC2 with auto-output versions is just pointless. (even with GT automation, those machines save you what, one translocator?)
The point is, that with the Automated Output you don't even need any other Automation. You can just place Compressor, Canner and Extractor in one small Line to produce a few Fuel Cells (ofcourse in the beginning). That's very useful, as you can see on Thermal Expansions Machines. The electric Buffers also have the amazing ability to transfer Energy similar to a Cable (And even 128 EU/t when I add Transformer Upgrade compatibility), in addition to Items.

One could argue that automation should be bigger and require more thought to set up than just "slap down machines next to each other"

Hey Greg, do you think you'll still be adding the ideas on your profile? They sound awesome
The Ideas I add to my Profile, are usually added when I'm on non of my own Computers, as I have a huge List on my Dropbox.
Is it public? I'd like to read it.
Not public but here it is:

Pfft, my idea list is 1400 lines long. Probably because I used to add any random stuff to it (such as creating a mod called "Bread power 2")

Also, this forum needs working multiquote.
Edit: Removed excessive amount of extra quotes - that is exactly what I don't mean by "working multiquote".
Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
Need low-lag renewable power?
Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
Battery snot included.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, March 11th 2013, 10:42am

One could argue that automation should be bigger and require more thought to set up than just "slap down machines next to each other"
Honestly, i consider GT automation good as it is efficient and compact (also lag-free).

Automation that needs a "f***" big room is considered a waste of space and efficiency to me.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

TrovadorUrbano

Child of automation

• "TrovadorUrbano" is male

Monday, March 11th 2013, 10:51am

Biggest problem with turtles-carts would probably be their throughput. I mostly use liquiducts for moving stuff around and to be able to process steam from just a single max-size HP boiler I'd need around 9 duct connections to get it all out. Multiply that by something relatively big to be able to pump it in turtles, measure the contents and dump it all out again while not bottlenecking the boiler output of 720 millibuckets per tick.

720 steam/tick thats almost 14400 steam/sec, so, a single tank turtle can handle that amount of steam if configurated to handle it's internal liquid 2 times every second, the only problem is that you have only 5 inputs to the turtle. You can use 2 turtles with the same program and you can use your 9 liquiducts, actually you dont need liquiducts to pump out of the turtles because they can "drop" its full inventory (10 buckets) in a single operation so you can put both turtles in front of a tank (the new xycraft tanks are cheapest) and then send to your turbine/engines room.
Another nice thing would be to have some way to measure active power usage on the network (or just one main cable coming from the power generation complex). E.g when I don't have all my machines running and I see I just have the need for 200 EU/t I could (automatically) turn off the 400EU/t reactor. Sure, I could always build a huge array of energy containers or use a wall of "smart" generators that only output energy when something actually uses it but I don't consider this nearly as elegant solution.
To automatic turn off you have the redstone behavior on the batbox/mfe/mfsu in case of max capacity reached, and also you can use reactor control addon and misc peripherals to measure that on gregtech storage units AND in reactor control addon theres also a counter for EU ;)
I know my english is bad, but in reality, i talk spanish broh!

Monday, March 11th 2013, 11:20am

Does anyone know if there exist machines, turtle upgrades or other methods that are able to measure how much liquids pass through them? I wanted to find a way to measure how much stuff I was moving around and how much was being used by various machines (e.g how much fuel it takes to heat up a 3x3x4 HP boiler and how much steam did it generate)? Yes, I know there are several tools that are able to tell how much fuel is in a pipe right at that moment and I could just calculate it by hand but I'd like to plug something in a pipeline and it would start counting how many (milli)buckets of stuff passes through it. Something similar for various types of energy (EU, MJ, ...) would also be nice to have.

I mean I can't be the only one who would like to know how much liquids/energy they are using and love to see big numbers getting bigger all the time :)

In theory I could probably hack something together with tank turtles/minecarts but it would be rather ineffective when you need to pass huge amounts of stuff.
A while ago I did some tests with steam boilers and how much fuel they need, you can find it in:
[Addon][IC² 1.106, 1.107, 1.108, 1.109, 1.110, 1.111, 1.112] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity!
The rest is math since they generate 10 Steam per tick for each 1 cubic meter Low pressure boiler or 20 Steam/t for a High pressure boiler.
10 Steam = 2 MJ

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ZeChico" (Mar 11th 2013, 11:28am)

Monday, March 11th 2013, 12:11pm

I think I found a good thread in FTB forum explaining about fuel needed for steam (more to MJ) by Omicron, it's a bit long and you can check it here.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/…ficiency.13506/

The Closing Words part has the excel sheet if you want to download it.

Monday, March 11th 2013, 1:45pm

Hi there,

It seems to me that there's a tier missing in the translocator line.

I have this idea of a "Highly Advanced Translocator" that is able to take input from one side, and output to any of its other sides; so, the green & red sides are independent from each other. Changing the input & output sides could be controlled by an interface inside similar to the advanced translocator's.

Monday, March 11th 2013, 1:46pm

Hi there,

It seems to me that there's a tier missing in the translocator line.

I have this idea of a "Highly Advanced Translocator" that is able to take input from one side, and output to any of its other sides; so, the green & red sides are independent from each other. Changing the input & output sides could be controlled by an interface inside similar to the advanced translocator's.
That's the inventory manager :D.

Monday, March 11th 2013, 2:35pm

Hi Greg!

Wanted to throw a few suggestions your way.

This one I said before and ill say it again, because I know everyone would absolutely love it.
As it stands, distillation tower is useless. Even when you add that list of suggestions from your dropbox (which I was very happy to read, since it was me who suggested them and im glad you liked them) distillation tower will still be inferior to BC for one simple reason. We can not pipe liquids in, we can not pipe liquids out. Distillation tower really needs this functionality.

Dust-o-mat. Could not think of a better name so my apologies. All of my ores in my factory go through grinders without exceptions. This means a lot of tiny piles. Currently the way that I handle tiny piles is RP2 sorting machine pulling items out of chest (4 at a time) into electric autocraftingtable. I HIGHLY doubt RP2 will be updated on time when 1.5 comes out. So my suggestion is either:
Add an option to a large buffer to only output if it has 4 of an item
Add a new machine, the dust-o-mat which is electric autocraftingtable + large buffer (and probably 4 electrum ingots, 2 advanced circuits and an advanced machine), this way we can get this machine fairly early.

Another idea that would greatly improve factories, allow liquid mercury to be piped directly into the grinder to avoid the whole mercury cell automation process!

Hope you like the ideas because im sure everyone would love to see them implemented.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Monday, March 11th 2013, 2:47pm

This one I said before and ill say it again, because I know everyone would absolutely love it.
As it stands, distillation tower is useless. Even when you add that list of suggestions from your dropbox (which I was very happy to read, since it was me who suggested them and im glad you liked them) distillation tower will still be inferior to BC for one simple reason. We can not pipe liquids in, we can not pipe liquids out. Distillation tower really needs this functionality.

Dust-o-mat. Could not think of a better name so my apologies. All of my ores in my factory go through grinders without exceptions. This means a lot of tiny piles. Currently the way that I handle tiny piles is RP2 sorting machine pulling items out of chest (4 at a time) into electric autocraftingtable. I HIGHLY doubt RP2 will be updated on time when 1.5 comes out. So my suggestion is either:
Add a new machine, the dust-o-mat which is electric autocraftingtable + large buffer (and probably 4 electrum ingots, 2 advanced circuits and an advanced machine), this way we can get this machine fairly early.

Another idea that would greatly improve factories, allow liquid mercury to be piped directly into the grinder to avoid the whole mercury cell automation process!

Hope you like the ideas because im sure everyone would love to see them implemented.
If you wanna have a Dustomat, then just chain a few Autocraftingtables in Dustmode in a row. Their internal Buffers will fill up to 8 Dusts and hand over the overflow into the next one.

For the Liquids: Its planned, but I probably forgot to add it to the List.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Monday, March 11th 2013, 2:50pm

If you wanna have a Dustomat, then just chain a few Autocraftingtables in Dustmode in a row. Their internal Buffers will fill up to 8 Dusts and hand over the overflow into the next one.

For the Liquids: Its planned, but I probably forgot to add it to the List.
Actually, I have done that, 4 of them in the row, and it still let dusts through.
How about making a machine out of 4 of them in the recipe that would have that functionality :)

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Monday, March 11th 2013, 4:10pm

MAAAAAN Centrafuging Glowstone fo gold is supah OP!!
Nerf plz
also add moar wayz to make silvah.
:3 hehe
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

jonch

Priest Choker

• "jonch" is male

Monday, March 11th 2013, 4:11pm

@Phrost
There's a dust piler mode in the electric craftingtable exactly for that purpose. It's done pretty intelligently: If you put 1 tiny pile in there, it will target the large dust variant of that dust, BUT if there are more than 1 types of tiny piles there it will cycle through the dusts.
For example, if you put 3 tiny iron dusts and 1 tiny gold dust, the target item will cycle between iron dust and gold dust. If you put one more tiny iron dusts, whenever the target gets to iron dust it will automatically spit out 1 large iron dust. It works for up to 8 different tiny dusts. If a non-tiny-pile item goes to the craftingtable, it will be spit out. If there are more than 8 buffer items even tiny piles will get spit out. I recommended putting 2-3 crafting tables in a row directly out of your grinder, it will handle almost all tiny piles.

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

Forecaster

Does YouTube things

• "Forecaster" is male

Monday, March 11th 2013, 4:19pm

@Phrost
There's a dust piler mode in the electric craftingtable exactly for that purpose. It's done pretty intelligently: If you put 1 tiny pile in there, it will target the large dust variant of that dust, BUT if there are more than 1 types of tiny piles there it will cycle through the dusts.
For example, if you put 3 tiny iron dusts and 1 tiny gold dust, the target item will cycle between iron dust and gold dust. If you put one more tiny iron dusts, whenever the target gets to iron dust it will automatically spit out 1 large iron dust. It works for up to 8 different tiny dusts. If a non-tiny-pile item goes to the craftingtable, it will be spit out. If there are more than 8 buffer items even tiny piles will get spit out. I recommended putting 2-3 crafting tables in a row directly out of your grinder, it will handle almost all tiny piles.

Also, if you place tiny piles of dust in the holo-grid it will act as a filter, and those dusts will be passed on instead of combined.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Monday, March 11th 2013, 4:29pm

@Phrost
Also, if you place tiny piles of dust in the holo-grid it will act as a filter, and those dusts will be passed on instead of combined.
But that's for all the Crafting Modes except the regular Craftinggrid.

Since I wanna begin to add the 1.4.7-Compatible Features of my 1.5-List, I need to know if there are any Serious or OCD Bugs in the current Version to release the final 2.82c as the last stable Version for 1.4.7 (The following 2.90a and onward are Versions, which are heavyly Beta due to mayor Changes).
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Monday, March 11th 2013, 4:31pm

Hey greg, i was just wandering, do you have a Problem with letters and y?
Or is it on purpose ^^
Noticed alot of Vowels being replace with Y's in your posts.
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Forecaster

Does YouTube things

• "Forecaster" is male

Monday, March 11th 2013, 4:38pm

Since I wanna begin to add the 1.4.7-Compatible Features of my 1.5-List, I need to know if there are any Serious or OCD Bugs in the current Version to release the final 2.82c as the last stable Version for 1.4.7 (The following 2.90a and onward are Versions, which are heavyly Beta due to mayor Changes).

None that I've encountered.

Monday, March 11th 2013, 4:38pm

The electric sorter
1. I need to force a block update after changing the blue direction in the GUI, that's after you connect it to Eu.
2. the filter doesn't work for me sometimes, they will all go to the blue line whether you filter it or not, if I'm doing it wrong, pls tell me how to do it correctly. Ok sometimes it works, But most of the time it doesn't.

Quantum Chest and Digital Chest
I cannot store Apple Oak Sapling I got from multifarm forestry in it :( and drones too. Strangely both of them can be stored in a barrel.

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "noskk" (Mar 11th 2013, 6:59pm)

Monday, March 11th 2013, 7:35pm

I have a suggestion: can you make it so that the contents in a Digital Chest are displayed on its screen? So that I won't have to right-click every time to know what's inside it. Like how Barrels show the image of the item and the number of stacks inside.

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Monday, March 11th 2013, 7:46pm

@bove Do you know ITEM FRAMES?

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, March 11th 2013, 8:23pm

I have a suggestion: can you make it so that the contents in a Digital Chest are displayed on its screen? So that I won't have to right-click every time to know what's inside it. Like how Barrels show the image of the item and the number of stacks inside.
Greg mostly denied making Fancy item displays.
@bove Do you know ITEM FRAMES?
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Counter:

Hits today: 67,965 | Hits yesterday: 42,089 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,077,363