You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 8:48am

[AddOn v1.90] Electric Fishing Pole v1.90-1

This mod is now maintained by Zuxelus here: [1.7.10] Ztech - Collection of Addons
Name: Electric Fishing PoleSummary: A tesla coil and magnetizer on a stick. Blame Ranakastrasz.

Description
It's pretty much what it says in the summary. A tesla coil to kill the little buggers, a magnetizer to pull them in. Fish are magnetic, you know. And an advanced circuit to make it all work together. And some string. Even I don't know what the string is for. Takes like 10,000EU per shot, because it's a goddamn tesla coil on a stick.

Recipes

Spoiler Spoiler

Screenshots

Spoiler Spoiler

Installation
Just put it in your mods folder.

Version History
Previous versions are now available in an old version archive.
  • 1.90-1
    Update to IC2 1.90
  • 1.81-1
    Update to IC2 1.81
  • 1.70-1
    Update to IC2 1.70
  • 1.64-1
    Update to IC2 1.64
  • 1.42-1
    Update to IC2 1.42
  • 1.337b-1
    Update to IC2 1.337b
  • 1.23-2
    SMP support
    New sprite (thanks Noert)
  • 1.23-1
    Update to IC2 1.23
    Package electricOverload.ogg with the mod
    Add config file config/IC2ElectricFishingPole.cfg
    Somewhat reduce the number of fish caught
  • 1.0 Initial Release

Permission to Port, Package, and Plagiarize
  • Porting - You may freely port this mod to any platform that I don't make releases for (e.g. Bukkit). If I'm unusually busy and don't update it fast enough after a new IC2 release, you may (if you're so inclined) make an unofficial port of the mod to the new version of IC2 and link it in this thread.
  • Mod Packs - You may include this mod in any server-specific mod pack, or in any public mod pack which has permission to include IC2.
  • Reuse and Derivative Works - You may decompile this mod and use parts of its source code in your own work. If you use any significant amount of material from this mod in your own, I would appreciate being credited and notified about the mod. (Mostly just because I'd be curious to see what you made out of it.)

Credits
Sprite - Noert
Coding - Drashian
Original Idea - Ranakastrasz
Drashian has attached the following files:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SpwnX" (Sep 4th 2014, 8:55pm)

Blueblade11

Industrial Redstone Techno Alchemist

• "Blueblade11" is male
  • Australia

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 12:55pm

Ooo...

Although a few things:
- The recipe kinda makes sense, in that it seems reasonable, although i think it could be worked on a little.
- Why is the sprite a mashup?
- Normal string doesnt conduct electricity, but STEEL WIRE [HAYO] Does!
ie:

S
S = Refined Iron String x2/4/1
S

S = Refined Iron

Then replace the normal string in the recipes with iron string.
You could then start expanding on the iron string...

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 1:31pm

Sadly, I was mostly joking, but this just made my day regardless. Yep, Iron wire makes sense, and It looks like each zap pulls a ton of fish out of the water, which makes a ton of *sense*

Its a totally non-practical, but regardless awesome solution to a problem.

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 1:32pm

Hehe, thanks for the feedback. It's really just a half hour thing I threw together as a joke though, so I probably won't revisit it. :D That's why the sprite is a mashup of the recipe pasted over a regular fishing rod... well, that and because I'm not a terribly good sprite artist.

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 9:01pm

I love this addon with a passion.
Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.9 GHz | Asrock 970 Extreme3 | 12GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 | Sapphire Flex HD 6870 @ 1000/1100 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD | Hyper 212+ | OCZ Fatal1ty 550w PSU | NZXT Gamma Classic

ruyan

circus freak

• "ruyan" is male
  • Germany

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 9:52pm

I'd rather go dynamite fishing but electric sounds sweet as well. 8o

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 10:16pm

Ya know, if the fish are magnetic, you have to wonder how polluted the water is in minecraft :P

Blueblade11

Industrial Redstone Techno Alchemist

• "Blueblade11" is male
  • Australia

Sunday, September 11th 2011, 7:41am

Why u no continue this? This is actually a good idea...

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 8:56am

dude this is an awsome mod.
Could you also code it so that if you set off a stick of dynamite in the water a bunch of dead fish will rise to the surface. that would be awsome

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 10:06pm

This will be awesome when IC2 comes to MC 1.8! It will be much more useful when you can stack the fish!

FourFire

Industrial Alchemist

• "FourFire" is male

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 5:35pm

I have to say something otherwise this topic will constantly come up as unread... (exceedingly annoying)
yeah i sort of see the joke and dynamite fishing would make more sense if dranishan is not going to do anything could someone please make a dynamite fishing mod for V 1.8.x

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 10:38am

Somebody please post here to confirm he can access attachments of this thread and write in this section.

Unsure whether Feanturi fully fixed the addon section.
Greetz,
Alblaka

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 11:18am

Everything is working fine for me.

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 7:01pm

I was able to download the mod. Posting in the thread too! :)

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 7:14pm

Thanks for confirming this, means i can move thread in here now ^^
Greetz,
Alblaka

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 9:47am

Ya know, if the fish are magnetic, you have to wonder how polluted the water is in minecraft :P
I'd love to have pollution in Minecraft - turn the water into a toxic sludge and kill off all plant life, turn the skies grey with smog etc. :D

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 10:32am

Yo is this addon going to be updated because it certainly could be extremely helpful especially in 1.8. MinecraftCreeper

Shalashalska

That guy who edit's Alblaka's books

Monday, October 10th 2011, 10:19pm

Even though it was just for lolz, I kinda actually want it to work in 1.8 :D

Quoted

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 8:55am

Needs moar fishing-turret :D

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 5:47am

Updated for 1.8 / IC2 1.23 / etc. Now, on to the real work... the charging bench.

Counter:

Hits today: 19,517 | Hits yesterday: 29,849 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,282,881