You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Monday, April 29th 2013, 10:52pm

Ratio is actually 1EU : 40J, as seen in the UE-API. Also, why not outputting all 3 at once? It's not like someone would ever put 3 diffrent Cables on it.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 8:49am

It's not like someone would ever put 3 diffrent Cables on it.
Especially assuming it would reduce its efficiency ^^
Hower, it may be OP with any kind of converter mod ... (which are already OP, but it'll be EVEN MORE OP ^^)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Quintine

Iron Miner

• "Quintine" is male
  • Australia

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 10:12am

The problem is the LV/MV/HV windmills are called solar panels.

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 1:03pm

Actually: No, they aren't.
Are you sure you luuk at the ULV/LV/MV/HV/EV Windmills, not at the solars from compactsolars?!
Check out my mods here.

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 1:07pm

Ratio is actually 1EU : 40J, as seen in the UE-API. Also, why not outputting all 3 at once? It's not like someone would ever put 3 diffrent Cables on it.

No, I will not output all three at once, because somebody could abuse that and I don't like if stuff is abused, if there would be no other way than outputting all three, I wouldn't output anything else than IC2 EU
Check out my mods here.

Quintine

Iron Miner

• "Quintine" is male
  • Australia

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 1:14pm

http://imgur.com/G5zGFCF,3wslLEZ,L3QaW2S#0

I have both compact solars and your windmills installed, just did a fresh install of both, have not tested without compact solars but I am guessing there is a problem appearing from having both installed at the same time somehow.

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 1:36pm

http://imgur.com/G5zGFCF,3wslLEZ,L3QaW2S#0

I have both compact solars and your windmills installed, just did a fresh install of both, have not tested without compact solars but I am guessing there is a problem appearing from having both installed at the same time somehow.

Weird.
It definitely works without compactsolars, but let me take a look.
Check out my mods here.

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 2:29pm

Ok, so a lot of people thought, the BC Energy production would be a good idea.
That means I have to find out how to make buttons or so to toggle between the outputs.
Check out my mods here.

Epic Lulz

Copper Miner

• "Epic Lulz" is male

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 3:24pm

I don't see how it is abusable to have multiple energy type outputs.

After all they are reducing efficiency by adding more wires.

Not a modder, but I guess you could implement it like this (no need for buttons):
  • Generator fills internal storage
  • If EU-compatible wiring (e.g. Glass Fibre Cable, Superconductor) is found, output at specified rate from storage as EU
  • Else if BC power-compatible wiring (e.g. Stone Conductive Pipe, Redstone Energy Conduit) is found, output at specified rate from storage as BC MJ.
  • Else if UE power-compatible wiring is found, output at specified rate from storage as UE MJ.
  • Else, slack.

As I said, I'm no modder, and I have only the faintest clue of how coding works, so I'm not sure if this will cause lag or other problems.

Oh and then, you'll also need BuildCraft, Ampz/Voltz/Ohmz/Wattz/Joulez/Coloumbz/Faradz/BazicComponentz and TE-compatible recipes.

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 3:41pm

No, I will not output all three at once, because somebody could abuse that and I don't like if stuff is abused, if there would be no other way than outputting all three, I wouldn't output anything else than IC2 EU

actually you could have it output three at once but if you make it do that its efficiency is reduced, aka total power output is reduced by the number of different power types, it would reduce the ability to be abused
1 = 100%
2 = 50%
3 = 33%
of total power, each one would not get 33% but the TOTAL power output would be reduced BEFORE it was shared.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 3:48pm

I just rather make it have buttons and select which energy you want. Its simple, effective and no glitches/exploits around.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 4:07pm

Add big Turbines infront of it that turn in the wind and i will download it.
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 6:29pm

OK, fixed
Check out my mods here.

Thursday, May 2nd 2013, 6:26pm

Not a modder, but I guess you could implement it like this (no need for buttons):
  • If EU-compatible wiring (e.g. Glass Fibre Cable, Superconductor) is found, output at specified rate from storage as EU
  • Else if BC power-compatible wiring (e.g. Stone Conductive Pipe, Redstone Energy Conduit) is found, output at specified rate from storage as BC MJ.
  • Else if UE power-compatible wiring is found, output at specified rate from storage as UE MJ.
  • Else, slack.

As I said, I'm no modder, and I have only the faintest clue of how coding works, so I'm not sure if this will cause lag or other problems.

Oh and then, you'll also need BuildCraft, Ampz/Voltz/Ohmz/Wattz/Joulez/Coloumbz/Faradz/BazicComponentz and TE-compatible recipes.

The problem is:
The Windmills don't have internal storage.
Check out my mods here.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, May 2nd 2013, 6:35pm

• Else, slack.

The problem is:
The Windmills don't have internal storage.
Make them have an internal storage of 50k EU, 20k MJ,2M J [UE] ?
No compatible recipes are needed as this is not an independant mod. Just the usage of BC and UE API.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 2:11pm

I played around a little bit with GUIs.
If you want, i have a beta version for you to play around:

Version 1.0.1.0.b1

Changelog:
Added a GUI to the Windmills.
Added Rotors. You have to place them in a windmill.
Changed: Windmills now check if they have a rotor and then they will adjust their energy output.
Check out my mods here.

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 2:35pm

Added Rotors. You have to place them iYyn a windmill.
Yay! Does it have a duration bar ? :D

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 3:45pm

it does.
However, the rotors aren't renderd in the world.
Check out my mods here.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 3:46pm

it does.
Better then Nothing ;)
Now make the Front of the windmill have a spinning animation and Output little white particles out the back :D
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 3:51pm

it does.
Better then Nothing ;)
Now make the Front of the windmill have a spinning animation and Output little white particles out the back :D

The thing with the spinning animation is not my part (no code, only a few .png files and a text file and that's it). I'm simply not able to make cool textures.
What I will do before that is the BC output (I think) and what i will also modt definitely do before that is making the windmills rotatable with a wrench.
BTW: You wrote you 1.000st post in my thread :)

Also: Right now, there is only one rotor, but there will be some more.
And the rotor right now lasts like 5 days (10000000 ticks), but that will change.
Check out my mods here.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aroma1997" (May 3rd 2013, 3:59pm)

Counter:

Hits today: 53,862 | Hits yesterday: 80,423 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,218,553