You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 4:10pm

Added Rotors. You have to place them iYyn a windmill.
Yay! Does it have a duration bar ? :D

it does.
However, the rotors aren't renderd in the world.
Better then Nothing ;)
Now make the Front of the windmill have a spinning animation and Output little white particles out the back :D

The thing with the spinning animation is not my part (no code, only a few .png files and a text file and that's it). I'm simply not able to make cool textures.
What I will do before that is the BC output (I think) and what i will also modt definitely do before that is making the windmills rotatable with a wrench.
BTW: You wrote you 1.000st post in my thread :)

Also: Right now, there is only one rotor, but there will be some more.
And the rotor right now lasts like 5 days (10000000 ticks), but that will change.
:O 1,000 Posts :D
Also, i can do texturez if u wantz
Apparently im a popular Sprite Artist 8|
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 4:12pm

1001*
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 4:15pm

it does.
Better then Nothing ;)
Now make the Front of the windmill have a spinning animation and Output little white particles out the back :D

The thing with the spinning animation is not my part (no code, only a few .png files and a text file and that's it). I'm simply not able to make cool textures.
What I will do before that is the BC output (I think) and what i will also modt definitely do before that is making the windmills rotatable with a wrench.

And the rotor right now lasts like 5 days (10000000 ticks), but that will change.

I'm his (apparently too retarded to correctly quote) spriter and actually working on the animation atm ;D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Schillaaa" (May 3rd 2013, 4:22pm)

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 4:16pm

You should debat with Schillaa for that.
Check out my mods here.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 4:41pm

it does.
Better then Nothing ;)

I'm his (apparently too retarded to correctly quote) spriter and actually working on the animation atm ;D
Thank The mighty Dragon lord, i opened the texture Folder in this, SO MANY INDIVIDUAL TEXTURES ARRR xD
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 6:04pm

Thank The mighty Dragon lord, i opened the texture Folder in this, SO MANY INDIVIDUAL TEXTURES ARRR xD

Hehe :P

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 6:12pm

Ok, I updated again.
Version 1.0.1.0.b2

Changelog:
Added Wooden rotor.
Added: If you now open the GUI, you see the Output of the Windmill.
Changed the Durability of the Carbon Rotor.
Renamed the Rotor to Carbon rotor.
Check out my mods here.

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 8:51pm

Ok, I updated again.
Version 1.0.1.0.b2

Changelog:
Added Wooden rotor.
I'd also suggest to add compatibility with GT :)
I'd say you need 5 differents rotor:
Wooden one (if you really want it ^^): low output (30%), low duration bar(10%), but it's renewable and insanely cheap (although, it should be usable by a lower-tier-than-normal windmill. But it should also produce something only mechanical, like BC energy, so ...
Refined Iron: Normal output (50%) and normal duration (70%)
Aluminium (GT): High output (90%), medium-low duration (30%) (so Aluminium would worth less EU than Refined Iron, but at a higher rate)
Titanium: High output (95%), High duration (80%).
Advanced Alloy Rotor: Low Output (35%), infinite duration.
Carbon Plate: Max output (100%), medium duration (50%)

While I'm at it, I'd also suggest you to make your addon more like Advanced Solar Pannels than Compact Solar. Or even better, instead of making one expensive generator, what about making MultiBlock Structures (like GT one, but that would be a single column, like 10 high for the smallest windmill, and 50 for the highest) ? That wouldn't be that hard to do, and wouldn't be laggy (since it would just be one generator checking for 10-50 blocks above it, and as it could be checked like every 5 minutes).
Moreover, the main point of that suggestion is to make windmills more "realistic", and less exploitable, so wouldn't try to do anything with that ^^^

Edit: Oh, and BTW, don't forget configs :D

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

wasmic

Mad Scientist, but not as mad as Greg.

• "wasmic" is male

Location: Minecraftia, making a final stand against the spambots!

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 9:15pm

I think you should have a config to disable rotor requirement, to make them work like standard IC2 windmills. And if you make a fancy multiblock structure, please make it a config, too.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 10:53pm

Iridium Plate rotors that last forever please? Useable only on last two higher tiers as it is heavy.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 3:57am

Iridium Plate rotors that last forever please? Useable only on last two higher tiers as it is heavy.

So very much this.

ILoveGregTech

They Call Me ILGT

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 4:17am

Dangit! I was going to use a similar idea of this in my soon to be mod...

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 7:32am

Hey there,
can you please add a config option to customize the recipes, and to customize the output?

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 10:59am

Ok, I updated again.
Version 1.0.1.0.b2

Changelog:
Added Wooden rotor.
I'd also suggest to add compatibility with GT :)
I'd say you need 5 differents rotor:
Wooden one (if you really want it ^^): low output (30%), low duration bar(10%), but it's renewable and insanely cheap (although, it should be usable by a lower-tier-than-normal windmill. But it should also produce something only mechanical, like BC energy, so ...
Refined Iron: Normal output (50%) and normal duration (70%)
Aluminium (GT): High output (90%), medium-low duration (30%) (so Aluminium would worth less EU than Refined Iron, but at a higher rate)
Titanium: High output (95%), High duration (80%).
Advanced Alloy Rotor: Low Output (35%), infinite duration.
Carbon Plate: Max output (100%), medium duration (50%)

While I'm at it, I'd also suggest you to make your addon more like Advanced Solar Pannels than Compact Solar. Or even better, instead of making one expensive generator, what about making MultiBlock Structures (like GT one, but that would be a single column, like 10 high for the smallest windmill, and 50 for the highest) ? That wouldn't be that hard to do, and wouldn't be laggy (since it would just be one generator checking for 10-50 blocks above it, and as it could be checked like every 5 minutes).
Moreover, the main point of that suggestion is to make windmills more "realistic", and less exploitable, so wouldn't try to do anything with that ^^^

Edit: Oh, and BTW, don't forget configs :D
I personally won't add anything GregTech-related to the addon, because on the servers I play, GregTech isn't installed, so I don't really know if it's balanced or not. But the mod is open source, which means if anyone wants ro add something like that, he can and I will accept the PR, but I won't do anything like that myself. (At least not in the near future!!!)
Check out my mods here.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aroma1997" (May 10th 2013, 11:07am)

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 11:00am

I think about that.
Check out my mods here.

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 11:05am

Hey there,
can you please add a config option to customize the recipes, and to customize the output?
No, I won't add anything recipe-related to the config file.
However, I have something in mind to change the output in the config option.
Check out my mods here.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 11:15am

This may be already planned, but windmill blades rotating in front of the block would be awesome. Like RedPower2 ones, but bigger as the tier of windmill increases.
Blades would look different depending on type of rotor and spin faster as the wind increases (energy output).
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 11:59am

Hey there,
No, I won't add anything recipe-related to the config file.
However, I have something in mind to change the output in the config option.
Could you then add a second set of recipes that are much more expensive? Your current recipes are a serious joke. 4 Windmills + 1 Transformer Upgrade is nothing. Needs at least Iridium Plates for every further tier to tie it, the rotors need to break faster and a wooden rotor is a joke, too. Maybe you could add a set of Gregtech enhanced recipes, a little something like this :

Lv Windmill :

S W S
W E W
S W S

S = Steel Plate
W = Windmill
E = Energyflow Circuit

MV Windmill

T T T
W I W
T T T

T = Titanium Plate
W = LV Windmill
I = Iridium Ingot

HV Windmill :

TS TS TS
H W H
TS TS TS

TS = Tungstensteel Plate
H = Highly Advanced Machineblock
W = MV Windmill

EV Windmill :

SC S I
C W C
I S SC

I = Iridium Plate
S = Superconductor
C = Gregtech Computercube
W = HV Windmill
SC = Supercondensator

That would be nice and would allow people that like challenge to also use it :)

Also, if the mod author doesnt want to do it, Greg, could you please do something like this?

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 12:16pm

Could you then add a second set of recipes that are much more expensive? Your current recipes are a serious joke. 4 Windmills + 1 Transformer Upgrade is nothing. Needs at least Iridium Plates for every further tier to tie it, the rotors need to break faster and a wooden rotor is a joke, too. Maybe you could add a set of Gregtech enhanced recipes, a little something like this
GregTech itself already nerfes the Windmill recipe in particular, base of compact windmills.
Same thing happens with compact solars, as the solar panel recipe is now more expensive.

Compact windmills and Compact solars are not meant to be "expensive", just a way to reduce lagness of tons of generators.

May i suggest adding tiers to rotors?
For example tier 1 rotor (ultra low voltage) requires 2 material items,T2 requires 4, T3 requires 8, tier 4 16 and tier 5 32.
[Achieved by combining two of previous tier to make the next one]
Rotor durability increase 20% base per tier. T1 2 days, T2 2d + 9,6h , T3 2d + 19,2h , T4 3d + 4,8h, T5 4days

Edit: Your wind generation code is "failing", i can generate 170 EU/t near bedrock using a EV windmill and a rotor while it has 9000+ obstructions around.

To make it more precise, please DO use IC² wind formula as base :
Generation = WindStrength * (Height - 64 - Obstruction blocks) / 750 * Weather Value
Wind Strength values from 0 to 30,
Obstruction block is any block within the detection area, you may exclude cables from this calculation somehow,
Weather value is 1,2 if raining and 1,5 if rain + thunderstorm.

ULV windmills, which are 4 windmills would generate 4 times a normal windmill would do.
LV windmills, would generate 16 times a normal windmill would do.
MV windmills, 64 times.
HV, 256x
EV, 1024x

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "SpwnX" (May 4th 2013, 12:54pm)

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 3:57pm

Could you please add a license to the github source so it can be clear whether this can be redistributed or not.

Just too much fun... GregTech...

Counter:

Hits today: 54,224 | Hits yesterday: 80,423 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,218,915