You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Quintine

Iron Miner

• "Quintine" is male
  • Australia

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 12:31pm

Spoiler Spoiler

2013-06-23 11:19:32 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] Encountered an unexpected exception LoaderException
cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: sideEmpty
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:147)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:692)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.finishServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:93)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStarted(FMLCommonHandler.java:355)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:141)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:431)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: sideEmpty
at mods.ElectricRails.BlockRailThird.<init>(BlockRailThird.java:18)
at mods.ElectricRails.ElectricRails.load(ElectricRails.java:158)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:494)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:186)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:166)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:103)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:691)
... 5 more

Had this crash, am seeing if i can sort it out now.

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 1:39pm

Quintine, it's sided stuff... should be fixed for now.

Quintine

Iron Miner

• "Quintine" is male
  • Australia

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 1:59pm

Most appeciative, was only happening on server so just wanted to make sure I hadnt stuffed something.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 9:01pm

For the Maglev stuff, i would remove the stone, use Refined iron and Magnetizers and increase the Output, for the realism ;p
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

masterzh

Stone Miner

• "masterzh" is male

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 10:11pm

22mins after request we get new version..LOL

Cool stuff and thx for maglev! You are awesome man!

Monday, June 24th 2013, 5:13am

For the Maglev stuff, i would remove the stone, use Refined iron and Magnetizers and increase the Output, for the realism ;p
Ok, balance is up to you guys.

22mins after request we get new version..LOL
You just catch me while I posting it. Description, formatting, bb-codes, preview button... you know. ))

masterzh

Stone Miner

• "masterzh" is male

Monday, June 24th 2013, 8:24am

1.Is "Third Rail" something more advanced then "Maglev Rail" as it support extreme voltage vs medium voltage for maglev?
2.Do i need to power every single support block directly, or do they transfer energy to each other? (so just every x block)
3.Those sparking effects are epic... i know this is stupid to even ask but... can you make it optional to spark randomly so you will get some kind of visual feeling those rails are powered and can harm you?

I am not sure why you set version to 0.02.1 but this addon already fulfill my dreams. Hundred of people asked for maglev rails for railcraft or traincraft for months... now you came out of nowhere with such brilliant addon. Thank you.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "masterzh" (Jun 24th 2013, 8:38am)

Monday, June 24th 2013, 10:55am

1.Is "Third Rail" something more advanced then "Maglev Rail" as it support extreme voltage vs medium voltage for maglev?
2.Do i need to power every single support block directly, or do they transfer energy to each other? (so just every x block)
3.Those sparking effects are epic... i know this is stupid to even ask but... can you make it optional to spark randomly so you will get some kind of visual feeling those rails are powered and can harm you?
1. No, I just read what people saying and try to satisfy it, well, more or less. Blaster asked for third rail and since it is based on electric rail it has same max input. SpwnX offered that magnets will accept MV by default, so it is. There probably should be some subtypes like HV magnets and constant magnet based on Neodymium magnets or something else, hovewer I don't want to add new ores, need to think about it.

2. No, only electric rails (tracks) do this. Third Rails and Maglev Rails don't transfer energy to each other, you need to power them from below - you may put batboxes for each of them, but I guess will want to simply put cable. ))
:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: ...
:LV-Transformer: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: ..
BTW if you simply made it continuous IC2 EnergyNet will eat all memory and stall. To avoid it you should separate it into sections with transformers. For fiber cables best way is to put transformer at each 40 block, that way you will also get rid of conduction lossess:
:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: ...
:LV-Transformer: << :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: 39 cables :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: >> :LV-Transformer: << :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: 39 cables :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: >> :LV-Transformer: ...

3. It already done for electric rails, it just not so frequent because if you made long railway it will spam a lot of particles. Try to make linear way of electric rails up to horizon and power them in creative.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, June 24th 2013, 12:05pm

For neodymium magnets, rare earth extractors, using dirt/cobblestone and will take lots of them and energy to extract a piece "rare earth" which can be used to make magnets.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 7:34pm

is anyone ever going to update this mod to 1.6.2/1.6.4 because it was by far one of the best rail mods in along time and im rather affraid im going to have to get rid of it when i update in afew days D'= bye bye half my worlds rail networks lol

masterzh

Stone Miner

• "masterzh" is male

Thursday, November 28th 2013, 8:49am

is anyone ever going to update this mod to 1.6.2/1.6.4 because it was by far one of the best rail mods in along time and im rather affraid im going to have to get rid of it when i update in afew days D'= bye bye half my worlds rail networks lol

It look like LostCoder is still around...i hope he didnt forget about this amazing mod.

Epic Lulz

Copper Miner

• "Epic Lulz" is male

Thursday, November 28th 2013, 10:24am

For your information, you just replied to a nearly 2 month old post.

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 5:39am

It look like LostCoder is still around...i hope he didnt forget about this amazing mod.
Nope, I'm a bit busy. Currently working on "Rare Earth Extractor" that SpwnX suggested, I just recently got idea on how to do it in concept, and currently mostly tonemap textures: 17 rare earth materials x 6 items per material + 1 storage block = 119 textures in total, huh.

Sunday, January 26th 2014, 7:18am

Version 0.03e

Updated, finally. ))

Changelog:
- Build under Minecraft 1.6.4, IC2 2.0.370, Forge 9.11.1.916
- Disabled slopes for Maglev Cover;
- Added renderer for Maglev Cover so it render as full plate;
- Temporary(?) disabled explosions/overcurrent effects for rails;
^ To match IC2 EnergyNet, yes)
- Small changes to recipes because of Refined Iron Ingot is gone;
^ Electric version of tracks now crafted from usual ones with cable, there is now no direct recipe to craft them, until you have RailCraft;
^ Maglev magnets now crafted with coils;
^ Recipes with RailCraft remain unchanged
- Sparks now spawns by sending packets to clients, so they can be not synchronized with actual event;
^ I've broke my brain making it work in 1.6.4, so I hope it is relatively small bug

There is no "Rare Earth Extraction Facility" as I promised, it is kinda hard to make it alone, so don't expect it near future until someone will want to help.

Sunday, January 26th 2014, 11:28pm

Great to hear that this mod has been revived. The rare earth idea sounds interesting. I've been designing a chemical expansion to IC2/GT to enable processing of ores from my mod Geologica (https://github.com/lawremi/PerFabricaAdAstra). This might be a point of collaboration, if you're interested.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Sunday, January 26th 2014, 11:59pm

Is there still conduction loss with the track? Normal IC2 cables don't
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Sailren

Go Home Tinkers Construct, You're Drunk

• "Sailren" is male

Monday, January 27th 2014, 2:02am

gts superconductor wire dont have any loss either, except gregorious has changed it :D

Monday, January 27th 2014, 5:06am

Is there still conduction loss with the track? Normal IC2 cables don't
I don't know, I leave them as is. Player probably disable conduction losses at the core, so I guess they should be ignored. I however still recommend to place transformers as relay between segments, it may balance memory/cpu usage. Maybe I should add some kind of "capacitor" rails for that purpose? They however will be directed. Or I may not do this, so you will need to build some technically looking construction.

This might be a point of collaboration, if you're interested.
Well, I currently plan to "extract" from a stone/gravel (+rock materials from other mods), by the following scheme that I gathered from several internet sources, there however still a lot of question marks, that means I don't know what that material means or device exactly do. Or maybe I completely misunderstand something and it need to be done in different way. This is actually the only help I currently need.
LostCoder has attached the following file:
  • scheme.zip (12.83 kB - 95 times downloaded - latest: Mar 20th 2017, 10:32am)

masterzh

Stone Miner

• "masterzh" is male

Thursday, January 30th 2014, 7:50am

I am so glad that this mod is back. <3 thanks

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 6:18pm

Awesome!

Counter:

Hits today: 53,923 | Hits yesterday: 80,423 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,218,614