You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 6:20pm

1.Is "Third Rail" something more advanced then "Maglev Rail" as it support extreme voltage vs medium voltage for maglev?
2.Do i need to power every single support block directly, or do they transfer energy to each other? (so just every x block)
3.Those sparking effects are epic... i know this is stupid to even ask but... can you make it optional to spark randomly so you will get some kind of visual feeling those rails are powered and can harm you?
1. No, I just read what people saying and try to satisfy it, well, more or less. Blaster asked for third rail and since it is based on electric rail it has same max input. SpwnX offered that magnets will accept MV by default, so it is. There probably should be some subtypes like HV magnets and constant magnet based on Neodymium magnets or something else, hovewer I don't want to add new ores, need to think about it.

2. No, only electric rails (tracks) do this. Third Rails and Maglev Rails don't transfer energy to each other, you need to power them from below - you may put batboxes for each of them, but I guess will want to simply put cable. ))
:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: ...
:LV-Transformer: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: ..
BTW if you simply made it continuous IC2 EnergyNet will eat all memory and stall. To avoid it you should separate it into sections with transformers. For fiber cables best way is to put transformer at each 40 block, that way you will also get rid of conduction lossess:
:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: ...
:LV-Transformer: << :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: 39 cables :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: >> :LV-Transformer: << :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: 39 cables :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: >> :LV-Transformer: ...

3. It already done for electric rails, it just not so frequent because if you made long railway it will spam a lot of particles. Try to make linear way of electric rails up to horizon and power them in creative.
Please show the screenshots, how to build these monorails. I do not quite understand this.

Monday, March 10th 2014, 11:25am

MrOrange, there is no monorails, maybe in the far future, so I don't quite understand what you mean.
For third rails: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2170…_rail_setup.jpg
For maglev: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2170…lev_setup_2.jpg

Saturday, June 28th 2014, 6:20pm

Hey guys.

I'm not new here (but my account is) and I like this mod concept.
I quickly ported this to new Forge/MC version but some things like connecting to energy not don't yet work for me.
Does anyone wan't to have that build ?
What about author ? Is he still developing this ?

Im doing this only for fun. I want to have working mod mainly for me so if it will be hate somewhere for modyfying existing source and publishing it I won't do it.

@Edit
Found and fixed problem with energyNet.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jazornowsky" (Jun 28th 2014, 6:36pm) with the following reason: EnergyNet

Sunday, November 2nd 2014, 8:48pm

why is this add-on dead?

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Sunday, November 2nd 2014, 9:11pm

Fear not, for it is not: [1.7.10] Ztech - Collection of Addons
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Counter:

Hits today: 53,802 | Hits yesterday: 80,423 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,218,493